1. #5801
    Quote Originally Posted by Basemath View Post
    my favorite Death Cab For Cutie song! 10/10

    [video=youtube;8dNbymstZjs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dNbymstZjs[video]
    Very cool song, 8/10, but I feel I need to dock 2 points down to 6/10 due to that constant hiccuping in the video you linked.

    After the harsh criticism of my last song, I'm going back to the sad, rather than peaceful section of my music folder. I found this incredibly moving after playing Heavy Rain, but should be an excellent piano piece to any listener.


  2. #5802
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    After the harsh criticism of my last song, I'm going back to the sad, rather than peaceful section of my music folder. I found this incredibly moving after playing Heavy Rain, but should be an excellent piano piece to any listener.
    If not for different tastes, all goods would perish I for one liked your previous song! This one gets an 8.5/10 from me. Loved the thunder.. Was quite fitting cuz I listened to it while farming a team in Battle of Gilneas. Place looked gloomy n I felt so sad for the opposing team MUST play Heavy Rain.

    I worry there's three of me, and each of us is blind.

  3. #5803
    I've always secretly liked that song! 8/10



    Summer hit 2013

  4. #5804
    Quote Originally Posted by badaku View Post
    I've always secretly liked that song! 8/10



    Summer hit 2013
    Gosh Alexi is so damn cool!! Didn't know they have a new album out :| 8/10


    Intro may sound initially offputting to some. Give it a chance!
    Last edited by Basemath; 2013-06-16 at 05:24 AM.
    I worry there's three of me, and each of us is blind.

  5. #5805
    Epic! twistedsista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    somewhere between yeovil & crewkerne
    Posts
    1,596
    Quote Originally Posted by Basemath View Post
    Gosh Alexi is so damn cool!! Didn't know they have a new album out :| 8/10


    Intro may sound initially offputting to some. Give it a chance!
    2/10. love the music, mate. its the growling, you just knew what was coming as soon as he opened his mouth. 8/10 for the music, such a shame.


  6. #5806
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    2/10. love the music, mate. its the growling, you just knew what was coming as soon as he opened his mouth. 8/10 for the music, such a shame.

    -/10 since i cant watch it in my country



    Its a band from my country/town. They were quite popular ( at least in my town ) during 90s

  7. #5807
    twistedsista's Ultravox wow!!! Will be listening to this one a lot! 10/10

    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post

    Its a band from my country/town. They were quite popular ( at least in my town ) during 90s
    Could see myself liking it as a kid early 90s Though now my ear can't find any 'wow' factor in the simplicity. Not bad, considering. 5/10


    Lyrics are in the video's info if you're interested. They're quite amazing!!!
    I worry there's three of me, and each of us is blind.

  8. #5808
    Quote Originally Posted by Basemath View Post
    twistedsista's Ultravox wow!!! Will be listening to this one a lot! 10/10


    Could see myself liking it as a kid early 90s Though now my ear can't find any 'wow' factor in the simplicity. Not bad, considering. 5/10


    Lyrics are in the video's info if you're interested. They're quite amazing!!!
    I liked it. Reminded me of some song but its late and i cant remember what
    9/10




    This is just a part of an annual festival held each year in my country. I think it is the worlds largest brass instrument festival, last year in 4 days 800.000 people visited it. The song that those guys are playing is called Mesecina ( eng. Moonlight ) from a movie directed by Emir Kusturica called Podzemlje ( eng. Underground )
    Not for everyone's taste, but to feel the real power of those instruments you have to see it in person.

  9. #5809
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post


    This is just a part of an annual festival held each year in my country. I think it is the worlds largest brass instrument festival, last year in 4 days 800.000 people visited it. The song that those guys are playing is called Mesecina ( eng. Moonlight ) from a movie directed by Emir Kusturica called Podzemlje ( eng. Underground )
    Not for everyone's taste, but to feel the real power of those instruments you have to see it in person.
    8/10 Looks like a lot of fun. I would definitely want to be there! I like Emir Kusturica. I stumbled on him when you told me about Goran Bregovic weeks ago. Didn't know he's also into movies.



    Verse at 2:37 is sung by Gorillaz' Damon Albarn!
    Last edited by Basemath; 2013-06-19 at 09:08 AM.
    I worry there's three of me, and each of us is blind.

  10. #5810
    Epic! Hellravager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    6th level of hell
    Posts
    1,674
    10/10 nice song
    "I'll tease you until you burst. I hope you can last until morning."
    -CC Sadist.

  11. #5811
    Quote Originally Posted by Basemath View Post
    8/10 Looks like a lot of fun. I would definitely want to be there! I like Emir Kusturica. I stumbled on him when you told me about Goran Bregovic weeks ago. Didn't know he's also into movies.
    It really is fun, countless amounts of beer, Rakia ( alcohol drink from Balkan region ), drunk girls and food. I think its more fun then EXIT Music Festival that's starting in less then a month ( 10.july ), but festival is closer and i like that music more.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    10/10 nice song
    Feels like something homemade, didnt liked it for some reason 2/10



    It's not Tarja but it still was amazing....

  12. #5812
    The Lightbringer Celltrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Funkytown
    Posts
    3,705
    8/10 I've heard that song so many times. But I still like it.




    Obviously people who are not into this kind of music aren't required to sit through the whole song. But for me, every single second is magical.
    Last edited by Celltrex; 2013-06-21 at 03:02 PM.

  13. #5813
    Epic! twistedsista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    somewhere between yeovil & crewkerne
    Posts
    1,596
    Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    8/10 I've heard that song so many times. But I still like it.




    Obviously people who are not into this kind of music aren't required to sit through the whole song. But for me, every single second is magical.
    9/10. i did listen to all 19 minutes & really enjoyed it. parts of it (12:00+) reminded me of the soundtrack to blade runner & that was no bad thing imo.



  14. #5814
    Immortal Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    7,134
    7/10. Not bad in the slightest.


  15. #5815
    Well that was a one weird song. 6.5/10


  16. #5816
    Bloodsail Admiral kliffharry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    1,076
    Good stuff 8/10


  17. #5817
    Titan Kalyyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Indiana, US
    Posts
    11,278
    Quote Originally Posted by kliffharry View Post
    Good stuff 8/10

    \m/
    A little generic of the current metal scene for my tastes (not to say that it is truly generic, but I'm partial to some very experimental and borderline stuff), but it didn't make me want to stop listening at any point. More than I can say about 90% of this thread. So yeah, I'd rate it above average. If nothing else, it's metal. And I can approve of that.

    Now then, I'm giving somebody the privilege of hearing this excellent specimen of folk metal. Also a good cautionary tale about why you shouldn't try to steal American gold >=(

  18. #5818
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    \m/
    Now then, I'm giving somebody the privilege of hearing this excellent specimen of folk metal. Also a good cautionary tale about why you shouldn't try to steal American gold >=(
    7/10 I think I can perform a magnificent dance to this. A blend of folk dance and head banging that would make everyone laugh out loud at how silly it looks


    I think the lyrics to this song are both funny and passionate. He curses 'Mr. Hamilton' for inventing the digital clock. I suppose Mr. Hamilton is the founder of Hamilton Watch Company. They made the first digital electronic watch, and before that they developed the digital clock which was used for the 1968 movie 2001: A Space Odyssey.
    Last edited by Basemath; 2013-06-23 at 09:41 PM.
    I worry there's three of me, and each of us is blind.

  19. #5819
    10/10. I found it awesome, not to mention I'm an old fashion clock lover. (and like steampunk, so cogs ftw)


  20. #5820
    Field Marshal lolcats121's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Void Between Universes
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewan View Post
    10/10. I found it awesome, not to mention I'm an old fashion clock lover. (and like steampunk, so cogs ftw)



    6/10

    "That post was merely a setback, the post was merely an instrument, a stepping stone to a much larger post!" -Rygarius

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •