Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    That's Swans for ya. Check out their album Soundtracks for the Blind. Shit's unreal.

As far as your song choice, I'd rate it a solid 6/10. Not my favorite Opeth album, but the song isn't bad.

yup
    Like, screaming doesn't bother me. Ill listen to some bands like asking alexandria/Adtr but that was just awful. Alot of music I can atleast understand how you could like it, even if I don't-but jesus. Thats bad and I wasent even expecting much, our Last.Fm's are very low combat. -5000000000000000/10

Last edited by SickofSarah; 2012-05-15 at 06:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SickofSarah View Post
    <snip>
    not bad. 7/10
    ill give one video game song for another.

WE WILL BURY THEM

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by psdew1813 View Post
    I've actually never (even though I know how popular it used to be) played any C&C. Great soundtrack - 6,75/10

........not far away from the new album release... LET'S TOOLIN' IT UP.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinn View Post
    I've actually never (even though I know how popular it used to be) played any C&C. Great soundtrack - 6,75/10

........not far away from the new album release... LET'S TOOLIN' IT UP.
    8.5/10. It's Tool, therefore it's awesome.

Anyway, time for some pirate metal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggyC0FOzqHM

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roarzol View Post
    8.5/10. It's Tool, therefore it's awesome.

Anyway, time for some pirate metal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggyC0FOzqHM
    Pirate metal, sounds like something a label would come up with to make their music stand out a bit from the rest of the crowd. Just because the lyrics are about pirates doesn't mean that they play "pirate" metal. Another example would be Amon Amarth and Megadeth, the former sings about vikings but that doesn't make them a viking metal band and the latter sings about politics but that doesn't make them "political" metal.

Alestorm is power metal with folk influences.

Anyway, I'll give it a 5/10.

6/10

Deleted
    6/10 not a fan of live concerts

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
    6/10 not a fan of live concerts
    [video]
    Didn't like it, I'm afriad. 3/10

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    Both Zefie and my main man Phil have already rated songs this page; inb4 2/10
    Hey, Swans has massive mainstream appeal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Song by itself gets a 6/10, but the album gets a 10/10. I am curious how low people would have rated IIII LLOOVVEE YYOOUU JEESSSSUUUUSSS CCHHRRRIISSTTT.
    Well, only one way to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Novead View Post
    Didn't like it, I'm afriad. 3/10

[video=youtube;8a8rrHzQ_AE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a8rrHzQ_AE[video]
    Too much upbeat to have so little happening, 3/10.

10+ Year Old Account
    4/10, just not my choice of music. Not saying it's bad at all though.

"My redemption, lies in your demise" - Randy Blythe, Vocalist of Lamb of God.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaxell View Post
    Not saying it's bad at all though.
    Yikes. There's Metalcore, there's bad Metalcore, then there's Mallcore. It's a shame Emmure hasn't learned how to write a single passable song. 2/10.

That is definitely a very chilling and cool song which I do like that kind of style. The entire song (at least the first half) could fit in perfectly as a great soundtrack to a movie. It was hard to make out what the vocals said but that was a point of the song I figure, instrumentals were great on the song. Great song right there 7.15/10 (that is a very good rating for me)

- It is a cover, but I liked the cover and felt as a cover it was fairly original and different from the original and wasn't done on a super popular top 40 song like 90% of song covers are from.

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    That is definitely a very chilling and cool song which I do like that kind of style. The entire song (at least the first half) could fit in perfectly as a great soundtrack to a movie. It was hard to make out what the vocals said but that was a point of the song I figure, instrumentals were great on the song. Great song right there 7.15/10 (that is a very good rating for me)

- It is a cover, but I liked the cover and felt as a cover it was fairly original and different from the original and wasn't done on a super popular top 40 song like 90% of song covers are from.
    I'd give this a 8/10 for the voice/playing, though it's not my favorite song.

Acquired Taste ~ US - Akama ~ 25Man Raiding Guild ~ HC MSV 6/6.HC HoF 3/6.TES 4/4

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pookstar View Post

Cosy song 6,5/10

I used to listen to this band when I was younger and I recently started to listen to them again. Brings back good memories...

Quote Originally Posted by hulksteri View Post
    8/10 I like!
    It was a bit boring, and vocals were kind of annoying. 5/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreyzor View Post
    <primordial>
    i LOVE primordial. excellent band and an excellent song by them. love your taste in music man. 10/10

Quote Originally Posted by psdew1813 View Post
    dat rosetta
    My second-favorite song off of one of my favorite Post-Metal albums (album closer is the best for me). Fantastic. 8.5/10.

15+ Year Old Account
    7/10 for me. the bridge/ending was nice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    7/10 for me. the bridge/ending was nice.

[video=youtube;UWOQHj_o6eo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWOQHj_o6eo&feature=related[video]
    4/10 I'm not quite sure exactly what prevents this from being a 5. I liked the beat but something felt...off.

I'll hope you'll excuse my song not being in youtube format.