Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

I just don't get it..

Yes, this is another 'ninja story thread'.

I was in BRD on my 82 mage (dinging 83 on last boss). I was in group with a lock and DK (not important for the story), and 2 guildies: a prot pally and holy pally. Witching Hourglass (caster trinket) dropped. Both pallys need on it, and when I ask about the prot pally needed and mention that I assume it's that he's needing for his friend, the healers answers... 'I don't need it'.. Wait, what? Okay, so after some more asking I find out that the healer and tank are both needing for the tanks holy offspec. Theyre friends, dungeon leveling together, which means the tank most likely wont even use holy till 85, at which time the trinket will be useless. So, they need for a totally useless trinket which they dont even need, while I'm a mage with agi trinket, just because it has a haste proc and I dont have anything better...

I log to their realm, and ask them this: 'Hey mate, why did you need on that trinket? You don't even need it and you/your friend won't even use it till 85 at which time it's already a lot less useful". I get the respond I'm "A FUCKING RETARD U FUCKING WON IT" (I didnt..) "STFU GO TO HELL" and more of that. Mind you, I've not used a single swear word, caps or anything that would cause me to understand why he's raging.

Now, aside from contacting their GM (which I will) I can't really do anything, but I'm just trying to understand.. Why would ANYONE rage like that for no reason? Instead of just answering a question that simple, they decide to go full capslock rage.. And best of all, they ask my why I'm raging so much to them. Guess I'll become a dickhead myself and need on everything I can, since it seems to be the general and widely accepted 'way to be' now.
    Last edited by mmocf8bc3d4b9d; 2011-02-10 at 06:32 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    All the can be said is the large majority of people in the worlds are only looking out for #1, themselves and maybe a friend of thiers.

I applaud you for trying to take this discussion up with their GM; and I hope that works out for you in some way. (Even if it is just closure).

WoW has turned into a place where no one is really accountable for their actions.

Ive never met a dickhead in WoW.

/sarcasm

Cmon u know that like 60% of most realms consists of superretarded people. Nobody with a propper set of brains will be able to understand these poor souls who are raging failing and ninjaing all over the place. After u lost the trinket, u should have let it go already. When I used to be a dps there where alot fo semi guild groups who were stealing loot. And if u complain, they kick you. I used the following countermeasures:

-Took a tank spec
    -Stopped doing dungeons
    -Went PvP

problems solved

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cause hes a 12 YO moron. Did you get a snapshot of the idiots raging and taking loot?
    Last edited by carneymaster11; 2011-02-10 at 06:33 PM.

Deleted
    This system gets abused a lot lately, but i can understand why people are doing it. they want loot.
    what i cant understand is such a response. but who is able to understand all teh people on hte internet?

Deleted
    was in group today where the ret pally needed on everything for all specs, even an agi trinket, is kind of sad when they probably wont even use them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by carneymaster11 View Post
    Cause hes a 12 YO moron. Did you get a snapshot of the idiots raging and taking loot?
    Not of taking loot, but of raging yes.

Deleted
    If he can NEED on item then he can NEED it, its simple as that. He won it in fair need roll. Get used to it, people are retarded or dont do pugs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper View Post
    If he can NEED on item then he can NEED it, its simple as that. He won it in fair need roll. Get used to it, people are retarded or dont do pugs.
    Your kind of people is why people stop doing pugs (and who I literally would love to break some arms of). There's no single reason to need on it if you're not going to use it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdun View Post
    Your kind of people is why people stop doing pugs (and who I literally would love to break some arms of). There's no single reason to need on it if you're not going to use it.
    Do you know people called 'Trolls'? They have reason everytime when they see person eating their bait. This troll was succesful as hell. Dude wrote QQ thread on mmo-champ.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can almost make out what you're saying. What Agility trinket are currently using?

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly. I PUG often. Even if I can Need on something, I don't unless I can actually use it (i.e., it's an item upgrade) for the spec that I am currently on. Please don't make all puggers seem like low-class selfish assholes...we're not...really.
    "Work is da poop! NO MORE!" - Disgruntled Dragonmaw Peon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flummox View Post
    I can almost make out what you're saying. What Agility trinket are currently using?
    Ilvl 289, 167 agi, proc 1002 haste for 20sec.
    My 2nd trink is worse.. ^^ Ilvl 138, 38 crit can proc 167crit for 10sec

I'm a Paladin and I need roll on every item I can, greens and blues. Being a pally, this amounts to quite a lot of needs every run. I run with my girlfriend who will refuse to requeue if they try to kick me for it, so they either have to tolerate it or wait another 40 minute queue. I do this for enchanting mats for my guild. I would have not nearly so many if the two of us did not do this. If anyone contacted me about someone in my guild doing this, I would tell you to fuck off. I'm not going to sacrifice my guild's success so that someone else can succeed. I simply can't care about you.

>~_~> Flamebaiting is bad guys, don't respond to posts like this please. ~Raven
    Last edited by Renagade Raven; 2011-02-10 at 07:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ilvl 289, 167 agi, proc 1002 haste for 20sec.
    My 2nd trink is worse.. ^^ Ilvl 138, 38 crit can proc 167crit for 10sec
    Well, I assume you're talking about this thing, which I'm confident does nothing for a caster's haste:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=61462/ge...#reward-from-q
    Last edited by Flummox; 2011-02-10 at 06:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It really gets me when people need on greens whatever as they want to DE and lvl their proff.

or

Tanks that need on all items because they are tanks and they are in short supply...

But thats 2 different threads which have been discussed many times.

---------- Post added 2011-02-10 at 06:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post
    I'm a Paladin and I need roll on every item I can, greens and blues. Being a pally, this amounts to quite a lot of needs every run. I run with my girlfriend who will refuse to requeue if they try to kick me for it, so they either have to tolerate it or wait another 40 minute queue. I do this for enchanting mats for my guild. I would have not nearly so many if the two of us did not do this. If anyone contacted me about someone in my guild doing this, I would tell you to fuck off. I'm not going to sacrifice my guild's success so that someone else can succeed. I simply can't care about you.
    well tbh, you are exactly the sort of person most people try to avoid in random dungeons and the sort of person we all hate.
    2 girls 1 cup is the most disgusting thing I've seen 8 times

Deleted
    Yes, this is another 'ninja story thread'.

I was in BRD on my 82 mage (dinging 83 on last boss). I was in group with a lock and DK (not important for the story), and 2 guildies: a prot pally and holy pally. Witching Hourglass (caster trinket) dropped. Both pallys need on it, and when I ask about the prot pally needed and mention that I assume it's that he's needing for his friend, the healers answers... 'I don't need it'.. Wait, what? Okay, so after some more asking I find out that the healer and tank are both needing for the tanks holy offspec. Theyre friends, dungeon leveling together, which means the tank most likely wont even use holy till 85, at which time the trinket will be useless. So, they need for a totally useless trinket which they dont even need, while I'm a mage with agi trinket, just because it has a haste proc and I dont have anything better...

I log to their realm, and ask them this: 'Hey mate, why did you need on that trinket? You don't even need it and you/your friend won't even use it till 85 at which time it's already a lot less useful". I get the respond I'm "A FUCKING RETARD U FUCKING WON IT" (I didnt..) "STFU GO TO HELL" and more of that. Mind you, I've not used a single swear word, caps or anything that would cause me to understand why he's raging.

Now, aside from contacting their GM (which I will) I can't really do anything, but I'm just trying to understand.. Why would ANYONE rage like that for no reason? Instead of just answering a question that simple, they decide to go full capslock rage.. And best of all, they ask my why I'm raging so much to them. Guess I'll become a dickhead myself and need on everything I can, since it seems to be the general and widely accepted 'way to be' now.
    Because people will be people. Never underestimate the boundaries of stupidity that they will stretch to unimaginable lengths.

I think you're being selfish. Why is he required to give you a good reason for helping his friend out? If you are competitive about this game and care about this kinda thing, surround yourself with people who are willing to help YOU out with getting gear, because all I see is a possible healer who won this over you because he had a friend. Hell, he may be using it for himself, it's none of your business.

10+ Year Old Account
    If this is how you want to play, that's your call...but why PUG in the first place? Why not just play with your guild where they will give you the items to disenchant and you don't even have to worry about the roll?

Quote Originally Posted by Xaru
    ...I run with my girlfriend who will refuse to requeue if they try to kick me for it, so they either have to tolerate it or wait another 40 minute queue...
    So, you're gaming the system to hold people hostage and jack their items in order to disenchant for your guild?? Again, your call on how you choose to play, BUT...all that just for a disenchant?

Ya know, this is why I mostly fish. People take this game way too fucking serious. Fuck people over for enchanting mats, LOL. Oh well, play on playa.
    "Work is da poop! NO MORE!" - Disgruntled Dragonmaw Peon

*blah blah douchebaggery* I'm not going to sacrifice my guild's success so that someone else can succeed. I simply can't care about you.
    So you think it's okay to affect other peoples experience in the game by ninjaing items to make your experience better? It really isn't... also telling people to "f*ck off" will only land you in trouble, please get some respect for other people playing the game...