Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Exorcist that would like to be taken seriously

Hi on my alt paladin, I like to experiment, with PvE holy dps, the problem is I get kicked from groups, very often just because, I am dpsing as holy, even if I am beating other dps.

I want to know if there is anything I can do to be taken more seriously as a holy dps, because it is kinda fun and getting kicked before the first boss is not fun.

Here is a link to my character: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../lennis/simple

Might not be in his holy gear, because main spec is tank, but any help to make him do more holy dps would be appreciated, or a way to make him taken more seriously in heroics would be nice too.

Rotation is as follows, Judgement on CD for mana regen and haste buff, holy shock on CD for HP, Holy wrath on CD, Inquisition to use HP, and other times use Exorcism when everything else is on CD.

I like doing this also, as a backup heal, a few times a healer dies for whatever reason, I can step right in and heal, its not as good as a real healing spec because I went for dps talents instead of healing ones, but got a few healing ones along the way.

I could greatly increase my dps if I only needed to Judge once per minute for the haste buff, but I don't have enough spirit to do that just yet. Judgement does really bad damage, but is necessary right now for the mana regen.
    Last edited by Gamdwelf; 2011-02-10 at 08:25 PM.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

...Let me see if I read this right: You're specced into the Healing tree...but you want to DPS. Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Ra's Al Ghul View Post
    ...Let me see if I read this right: You're specced into the Healing tree...but you want to DPS. Is that correct?
    His $15, he can do what he likes. I'd find it hilarious if he was actually beating other DPS.

Kudos! Revive the shockadin my friend and report back with some figures on dps and uptime
    Alganon: Catastrophe
    -Face the Deathbreath

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    You aren't using Crusader Strike?

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    His $15, he can do what he likes. I'd find it hilarious if he was actually beating other DPS.
    Yeah I'm usually first or second on boss fights in dungeons, because glyphed Divine Favor is awesome
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    I would recommend adding consecration between holy shock and holy wrath as the damage per cast on that is quite nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rlyskilled View Post
    You aren't using Crusader Strike?
    Why would I use crusader strike? Holy shock generates HP, and will actually do damage with this spec.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Deleted
    This should be the only acceptable reason to using such a spec. However, in leveling dungeons I'd say it's a lot more forgiveable, and as long as you're pulling reasonable dps, I wouldn't mind having you.

Of course, people are so close-minded from only following ElitistJerks guidelines etc.

Quote Originally Posted by 5ilver View Post
    I would recommend adding consecration between holy shock and holy wrath as the damage per cast on that is quite nice.
    I tried this originally, and it is nice when aoeing, but on boss fights it didn't seem to be doing much damage at all, it doesn't work like holy wrath where it does the same amount of damage just split among how many enemies there are.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Shockadins have been dead since Burning Crusade and it is going to stay that way. Somewhere along the line Blizzard realized their mistake and made it so paladins couldn't have a (viable) ranged spec (Druid 2.0). Nothing you do will make you be taken seriously. You could advise your groups you will post dmg meters so they can see your DPS but that is about it. I am surprised you are beating dps as well. Prehaps I can see this in action?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendou
    Also, Kodo is on fire. Bad Taurens! Fire bad for Kodo! Oh look it's dead now....oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadora View Post
    Blizzard, HOW DARE YOU! How dare you spend precious development time making a new, interesting feature and then turn around and try to make money off said development time. I AM ENTITLED TO EVERYTHING YOU EVER MAKE FOR FREE BECAUSE I BOUGHT THAT GAME THAT ONE TIME.
    Credit goes to Chris Hanel of The Daily Blink for the beautiful avatar picture.

I think it's quite novel to see odd specs being played well, if it works then why not! Also it's great for soloing old raids etc
    Alganon: Catastrophe
    -Face the Deathbreath

Except it's not just his $15, it's also the $60 of the other 4 people in his group.

Stop using this truly terrible baseless argument.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    holy dps is more viable now than it has been in a long time. I'd suggest only using judgement when the haste buff is about to run out.

Quote Originally Posted by Auto-Unstuck View Post
    holy dps is more viable now than it has been in a long time. I'd suggest only using judgement when the haste buff is about to run out.
    That's what i would like to be able to do, but the problem right now is even though it is a dps lowerer, it is the only consistent way to get enough mana back to keep dpsing, if I can get enough spirit, so I don't have to judge on CD that would be ideal.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Why would I use crusader strike? Holy shock generates HP, and will actually do damage with this spec.
    I don't know, I figured since CS's cooldown was lower and they don't share CDs you'd still use it. I've never tried Holy DPS.

Deleted
    I love shockadins, not really viable now, but end of wrath I was putting out silly dps with my high haste and in SP gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Rlyskilled View Post
    I don't know, I figured since CS's cooldown was lower and they don't share CDs you'd still use it. I've never tried Holy DPS.
    Well I'll give it a go when I get home from work, if it isn't too much of a downer on dps, and can give 100% uptime on Inqui, then might be worth it to always be in melee range.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

my pally friend goes shockadin when he's bored with tanking or healing, and he does some pretty good dps. its always funny to watch him in dungeons beating the other dps and watching them rage at him for his "terrible spec"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Well I'll give it a go when I get home from work, if it isn't too much of a downer on dps, and can give 100% uptime on Inqui, then might be worth it to always be in melee range.
    I've been experimenting with this for the last few days as well and I don't think it's a dps increase. CS simply does too little damage.

Btw, I recommend Corrupted Egg shell if you're really having mana trouble. An int trinket may seem like a better choice but this single trinket gives something like 20k mana per fight as long as it's 2+min long.