Deleted

Having problems in arena 2v2

I play 2v2 with a disc priest as a muti rogue. Atm we're doing fine with all the comps except against war(or dk)/ resto druid-holy pala. Vs one of them we lost too many times. Counter war-dk/resto drood i don't know how to win, i mean after some minutes the drood has some mana left and my mate is oom. We need to forget the "mana burn" stuff? Same story against a holy paladin, the dps just sit on my priest and it's a game over... What is the best strategy? Suggestions? Dismantle-stun-blind seems not to be enough to stop those tanks :S

---------- Post added 2011-02-11 at 10:53 PM ----------

lol? Nobody can beat these comps? I need help guys :l

DK-Druid has been the hard counter to Rogue-Priest for a long time. There's really not a whole lot you can do. Stay on the warrior or DK the whole game unless you think you can kill the healer in a hard switch.

My advice:

Against DK-Druid: Stay on the DK. Hardcore. Pump damage into him, keep him locked down and disarm as much as possible. Keep fear, blind, gouge and redirected kidney shots on the druid. Hard switch to the druid if he gets in a bad spot AND tree form is on CD.

Against Warrior-Druid: Pretty much the same thing, recent Arms warrior nerfs making it even easier to keep a warrior locked down. If he starts hurting you too bad just kite him around.

Against DK-Pally: Stay on the DK and CC the paladin until he's forced to bubble. After the bubble is down switch on him and profit.

Against Warrior-Pally: Same thing as DK-Pally.

I would suggest going Subtlety as well. The mobility really helps against both those classes. Make sure to use Smoke Bomb intelligently. Use it to force a pally bubble or score a kill.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most viable strategy is to kick your priest and get yourself a drood or a pally tbh, i know it sucks but its the truth.
    Thrall's Balls

Quote Originally Posted by Vitorog View Post
    Most viable strategy is to kick your priest and get yourself a drood or a pally tbh, i know it sucks but its the truth.
    Getting a druid would really help you. Playing with a healing priest in 2s is a serious disadvantage unfortunately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avelias View Post
    Getting a druid would really help you. Playing with a healing priest in 2s is a serious disadvantage unfortunately.
    Even now that they are buffed? I'm considering going 2's with my rl's disc priest :S
    Assistant (to the) Regional Manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Landolph View Post
    Even now that they are buffed? I'm considering going 2's with my rl's disc priest :S
    The buff did help their survivability quite a bit. It's not their survivability that's really the problem but their mobility. Priests really can't move like a resto druid can. They have no freedom or totems. If you play with a priest your best bet is to have him play very offensively because in a long match you will most likely lose unless he is pro at drinking. The reason for all of this is the huge number of DK's in 2s. They really destroy priests and control rogues too well IMO.

The mobility issue with priest is ..., blizz changed the 4 set bonus from pvp set, now it grants a 4 sec immunity to slow effects every time priest cast PW:S on himself, called Holy Walk or so cant remember the correct name, and HOLY SHIT kitting has never been easier, with the Inner Will and good timed dispels DKs are far from and issue, or any other class that can sit on the priest, rogues are tiny bit anoying but thats how we are.

PS: main rogue, alt disc priest.
    Notice the puff of smoke? I have successfully casted Vanish, and I ask that you turn off your auto attack, set all pets to passive and pretend you don't see me for the next 3 seconds. Thanks for you cooperation!

Quote Originally Posted by Geminis View Post
    The mobility issue with priest is ..., blizz changed the 4 set bonus from pvp set, now it grants a 4 sec immunity to slow effects every time priest cast PW:S on himself, called Holy Walk or so cant remember the correct name, and HOLY SHIT kitting has never been easier, with the Inner Will and good timed dispels DKs are far from and issue, or any other class that can sit on the priest, rogues are tiny bit anoying but thats how we are.

PS: main rogue, alt disc priest.
    Huh that pvp 4 set bonus change is very interesting. Did not know that. But it's still only 4 seconds every 30 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Avelias View Post
    Huh that pvp 4 set bonus change is very interesting. Did not know that. But it's still only 4 seconds every 30 seconds.
    Weakened Soul debuff is 15s, so essentially a priest has 4s of free movement every 15s. That is also reduced by casting FH's on yourself by 4s per cast.

Warriors are still a problem though I find. I can tank a Warrior for a long time now, but I can never escape and actually do anything other then try to stay alive without a peel. Everytime you get space from a Warrior you eat a charge/intercept for your trouble. In Rogue/Disc, the Rogue needs to relieving pressure off the priest with kidney punches and communicating this timing so we can FH and "reset" the fight.

Deleted
    did another endless arena in subtlety today.... i was counter a paladin with no mana :S maybe i should switch back mutilate? I think so, i can't burst an healer alone (or maybe is just my gear, idk). I feel like i can do more damage in mutilate

Quote Originally Posted by Krimson View Post
    Weakened Soul debuff is 15s, so essentially a priest has 4s of free movement every 15s. That is also reduced by casting FH's on yourself by 4s per cast.

Warriors are still a problem though I find. I can tank a Warrior for a long time now, but I can never escape and actually do anything other then try to stay alive without a peel. Everytime you get space from a Warrior you eat a charge/intercept for your trouble. In Rogue/Disc, the Rogue needs to relieving pressure off the priest with kidney punches and communicating this timing so we can FH and "reset" the fight.
    Well didn't get that high on rating on my priest, sitting on around 1640 with a disc/warr, playing with an old friend, but don't have that much problems with warriors as before, pillar kitting is my favorite discipline, avoiding charging is pretty easy if u don't let your self feared or forced somehow else in the open, also when warr is on your disc partner just tell him to fake cast, manaburn to get stunned or just wait for them trying to lock you down, interuptbar best addon ever^^, then pop Inner Focus and feed on their tears, 2x flash heal and 1x penance, and almost back at full health. Just my two cents, enjoy.
    Notice the puff of smoke? I have successfully casted Vanish, and I ask that you turn off your auto attack, set all pets to passive and pretend you don't see me for the next 3 seconds. Thanks for you cooperation!