Avengers Shield breaking Repentance

I don't run many heroics now and barely any with ret pallys but I distinctly remember my shield not hitting Repentance'd targets. I haven't tested with any other CC abilities, is this a bug or am I imagining things?

Are you targeting the mob with repentance? I don't have a ret pally so I can't test this myself post-patch, but I do have the same experience as you, with the shield not breaking repen. BUT, this only applys if you do NOT target the repen'd mob. If you targeted something else, the shield just wouldn't hit it, even if there was only one or two other mobs. But if you target it directly, it (duh) will.

It would probably help if you explained what was happening a bit more. :P

nah i wasn't targeting it, there were 5 mobs i had ret pally repentance the mob on the far left and i repentance the mob in the middle and the shield went left and hit the mob that was repentance'd. It must be a bug then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by davep View Post
    nah i wasn't targeting it, there were 5 mobs i had ret pally repentance the mob on the far left and i repentance the mob in the middle and the shield went left and hit the mob that was repentance'd. It must be a bug then.
    Maybe your AS simply missed, saying that the shield going on the side was the "miss" animation, and someone broke it at the same time, giving the illusion that AS broke it. Recount can tell who broke what CC, try to check.

Hit all 3 mobs Repentance'd one, mid left and mid and the shield broke it. It's bugged.

AS picks the targets it hits as you cast so if u cast it as he casts repentance then it might still pick the repentanced target

so make sure the CCs are all in place before u throw your shield...even give them a second after they are in place

i had a problem where i kept breaking my friends freezing trap we eventually realized what was happening was i was throwing my shield when i see his trap in the air so the target would get frozen then a split second later my shield already on its way would chain to that mob

Yup I waited for it to get repentance'd and then I threw it. I know it's a bug now just needed a confirmation that shield isn't supposed to break it.

As everyone said, shield isn't supposed to break it. Haven't had any issues personally with it, but thanks for the heads up.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaitee View Post
    AS picks the targets it hits as you cast so if u cast it as he casts repentance then it might still pick the repentanced target

so make sure the CCs are all in place before u throw your shield...even give them a second after they are in place

i had a problem where i kept breaking my friends freezing trap we eventually realized what was happening was i was throwing my shield when i see his trap in the air so the target would get frozen then a split second later my shield already on its way would chain to that mob
    This, want two more seconds before you throw your shield as tank.

I've actually experienced the same thing as OP yesterday in stonecore.

Avenger's shield breaking repent (I casted AS after repent already landed)