Deleted

Prot paladin - Guarded by the light bug?

Has anyone else noticed that when taking 1/2 in GBtL which is supposed to give you a protective shield based on any overhealing.....

It doesn't appear to be doing anything?

Holy shield procs every single time, but even when testing it out by using divine plea to gain 3 HoPo, with a full HP bar, and casting WoG on myself - no protective shield ever materializes?

Is the tooltip bugged or something, ie - was this mechanic removed?

Only just come back to my paladin so sorry if this has been asked before.

---------- Post added 2011-02-10 at 11:34 PM ----------

I have just checked this out, the guarded by the light shield only works if you have taken 2/2 in GBTL, not 1/2.

Pretty sure this is a bug, have reported it.

Not to unhelpful but, mine works fine before and after the patch. Procs a visible shield and a buff on my bars that says GBtL. I assume it stands for guarded by the light.

Sorry to say but thats Working As Intended

The tooltip for 1/2 doesnt mention only mentions holy shield. The second point makes it 10% increased heal and adds: " In addition, any overhealing will create a protective shield equal to the amount of overhealing that lasts for 6 sec."

No Bug. Been like that for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a bug. They removed the overheal shield from the first rank back in beta I believe. There was a blue post explaining it when the change was made.

Deleted
    Yeah i just tested it on my character - it works if you take 2/2 in GBTL, but not if you only take 1/2 in it - when I think it still should, just the healing is reduced by 5%.

---------- Post added 2011-02-10 at 11:43 PM ----------

Thanks for the replies, obviously it only works if you take 2/2 - thanks everyone.

Don't forget that 1/2 let's you proc Holy Shield with WoG. So if you don't care about the shield, you don't need to spec 2/2. 5% more healing is not worth it imo.