Question on Custom PC websites

Are IBuyPower and CyberPower PC reliable? And if so, which is better. I'd rather have my PC preassembled and have Windows 7 already installed so I don't screw up that part. If neither are reliable, anyone know a good site where I can get similar services?

Build it yourself. Its easier, and much more cost efficient.
    But, if you are that worried/lazy, I've always heard good reviews from IBuyPower.

As i really dont know these companies, i can also repeat what the poster before me has said:

Build it yourself. While it might not be that easy to do, its not that hard either, and its also a lot of fun! and you cant really break anything while building it so, why not
    Awesome since 1986 - Armory

Honestly, you can buy pre-build computers from brands such as Falcon Northwest, Origin PC & Alienware, but they will cost about 100-200$ more than iBuypower or CyberpowerPC, since they usually have better services, warranties, etc (since they are big companies with actual stores).

On the other hand, iBuyPower is actually a well-known brand that sells great PCs, and I think you should trust them - they have good reviews, and if I'm right, cyberpowerpc is very very close behind (look for other answers). Just remember to take every single option you want, because if you forget, say, extra cable managing, they won't do it for you (as far as personal experiences goes). Be careful, and everything should go well without a hitch.

*** Also, alot of people will tell you to build one yourself and save tons of money. That's how MMO-Champion forums are. If you really want to buy a pre-built one, feel free to do it, because people tend to forget that building a computer, despite being simple if you have a little bit of experience, is not always for everyone, and one might not feel totally comfortable with it. If that's what you want, skip those comments. ***

Just remember that you pay for what you get, and for something high-end online, it can go up to a few thousand bucks, even.

TL;DR - Yes, you should be able to buy from iBuyPower without too many problems, and their prices are great compared to say, Alienware. Plus, they have options to pre-install windows 7 with full drivers, games (that you asked for), anti-virus(es) and no bloatware or bad stuff. If you don't feel comfy enough to build one yourself, do yourself a favor and buy one pre-built, it can save you lots of headaches.
    Last edited by Chickensoup23; 2011-02-11 at 04:17 AM.

Deleted
    made an account just to post

myself and 6 of my friends have all bought PC's from Cyberpower and had no problems what so ever. The parts are as cheap as if you were to build it yourself and they have a very big catalogue of parts for different price ranges.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobasteve1226 View Post
    But, if you are that worried/lazy, I've always heard good reviews from IBuyPower.
    Yes, and I second this.

---------- Post added 2011-02-10 at 11:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Breadcrums View Post
    made an account just to post

myself and 6 of my friends have all bought PC's from Cyberpower and had no problems what so ever. The parts are as cheap as if you were to build it yourself and they have a very big catalogue of parts for different price ranges.
    There you go, again.
    OP, I hope this answers your question(s) :P

Please. Never buy Alienware..... If you feel like paying an extra 400$ for nothing, have at it. I'll post you the exact same thing I did in another idiotic Alienware fanboy post.
    This is a 100% true story.
    One day, I was wanting to spec a new computer to build in the next month. So, I go to Newegg, compile my parts list, and price it out. With all top end parts, it comes to ~1400$, and each part has a year warranty. So then, I go to Alienware, to giggle and see how much it'd cost if I would like to be lazy. I put the EXACT SAME brand of parts and, and the exact same parts, OTHER THAN the motherboard, which I downgraded. The Alienware ended up being 2300$, not including shipping, and not including a warranty. Now explain why you would spend 900$ extra for the same if not worse parts. Went to IBuyPower, same parts, year warranty, was ~1750 excluding shipping, but WITH a 1 year warranty. Your best bet is Ibuypower from my experience if you would like to be lazy. I've never checked out Falcon Northwest or Origin PC though.
    And if you do decide to build your own, you seriously can youtube how to. It is that easy.

I've decided to go with one of these sites. My next question is, and people here may not have the knowledge for this, if I add something with a special deal to my cart, say a Geforce GTX 560 Ti for the same price as a 460 1GB, will I still get the special deal/discount if the deal has passed? I've got a computer with the GTX 560 in my cart and it still displays the discounted price, yet when I go to edit the computer, it says the deal is no longer available. Shouldn't it reflect this in the cart price? And if I go ahead and order it now, will I still get the deal?

Your best bet would be to call and ask. I'm sure they have a support number.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobasteve1226 View Post
    Your best bet would be to call and ask. I'm sure they have a support number.
    Yea. If they don't, e-mail them and ask for a number. As far as I'm concerned, for iBuyPower, they definately should give you a number. If the website you are contacting does NOT have a number after you asked them for one, DO NOT TRUST IT. With iBuyPower & CyberPowerPC you should be fine thought. Also, if you want, you can check Newegg or TigerDirect for computers from those brands (yep, they sell some there) that might be on sale and quite cheaper than the ones you'd buy from the direct website. Also, sometimes they offer better re-seller warranties and you can deal straight with Newegg/TigerDirect for service (refunds, problems, etc) and they have excellent customer support, refund policies and such.

Hope this helps!
    Good luck,

Chicken

---------- Post added 2011-02-11 at 03:29 PM ----------

Yea, as an above poster said, Alienware ARE more expensive than other pre-built brands. Thought they have very nice support (as they are Dell) and physically their cases looks great (hehe) and they all come with default liquid cooling. If you have 10,000$ to spend on thier most expensive ALX desktop, then sure, lol. On the opposite case, if you want a budget/high end (like the OP) computer (800-1800$) and you have just the smallest bit of knowledge about computers and their price, you'd buy an iBuyPower & CyberPowerPC computer DECADES before an Alienware, since they are much cheaper for relatively...the same. Yea, this world is full of hate against Alienware. They have their strenghts...and weaknesses (*cough* $$$), just like every other brand.

It's just one possibility.
    Last edited by Chickensoup23; 2011-02-11 at 08:33 PM.

I just did a custom build, and was planning on going to ibuypower or cyberpowered to have them build it. The price difference was minimal, but my only issue was having all the cash at one time. Buying from newegg I was able to nab some package deals, and their shipping times are godly, but the price difference really came out to be very small. Both companies are a lot better than they used to be and are actually run by the same main company. Either way will yield similar results, but building a machine yourself is alot more rewarding in my opinion.

Basically going buying each part yourself will have your rig ready and working faster, but if you don't want to do the build and/or aren't in a rush to get it either company is the way to go. Find which builder has a better deal on the computer you want, price it to newegg or whatever site you prefer, and make your decision off of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacoste View Post
    I just did a custom build, and was planning on going to ibuypower or cyberpowered to have them build it. The price difference was minimal, but my only issue was having all the cash at one time. Buying from newegg I was able to nab some package deals, and their shipping times are godly, but the price difference really came out to be very small. Both companies are a lot better than they used to be and are actually run by the same main company. Either way will yield similar results, but building a machine yourself is alot more rewarding in my opinion.

Basically going buying each part yourself will have your rig ready and working faster, but if you don't want to do the build and/or aren't in a rush to get it either company is the way to go. Find which builder has a better deal on the computer you want, price it to newegg or whatever site you prefer, and make your decision off of that.
    Seconded. This guy makes sense.
    Btw Jacoste, LOVE your sig.

The thing was, when I went through with my parts on New Egg, the price came out to be more that the price on Cyber Power PC, even after discounts, which confused me. I still have a week or so to decide what I plan on doing/parts I'm getting, and the godspeed shipping from New Egg is appealing. And no, I'd never buy from a overpriced machine from Alienware...anyone in their right mind shouldn't even consider it.