Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I'm sorry it has been mentioned ( and I'm too lazy to did right now :S ), but I have a gearing question :

I currently have tier gloves and tier chest ( Matter of fact , just check my armory ). Come Wednesday I'll have pvp gloves and tier legs ( for 2pc sub ). When the opportunity arises and I get a tier token ( shoulders or helm, would honestly prefer helm ). Should I go for 4pc and drop pvp gloves or should I pvp some more and acquire pvp shoulders and go for 2pc pvp / 2pc pve ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jämeson View Post

I am hesitant to do this since the gear is pretty much going to be the exact same as the heriocs, just at the 359 item level. A few differences would probably crop up such as the pvp gloves for instance. I don't mind doing it, but it would be a couple days before I could really make time to do so..
    If it's the same as Heroic gear, just put in a disclaimer. I didn't know it'd be the same.

In Wrath, the Heroic list was different than Normal, and I just assumed it was the same in cata.

The difference in Wrath ten mans was that they dropped entirely different gear compared to their 25 man counterparts. I will put together something early this week, I have gotten a few pms about it after your posted something. Thanks for the input.

Floross I really do not follow pvp at all but I was under the impression the set bonuses for pvp gear were significantly nerfed. I would feel a lot more comfortable if someone more versed on the subject chimed in on it. I have a hard time believing that changing out really good pieces(your shoulders for instance) would be worth it for 70 strength and a worthless pve stat that you cannot reforge off.

Quote Originally Posted by solacespecs View Post
    If it's the same as Heroic gear, just put in a disclaimer. I didn't know it'd be the same.

In Wrath, the Heroic list was different than Normal, and I just assumed it was the same in cata.
    Actually the rings, bracers and belt are different for 359 gear set
    Last edited by davep; 2011-02-13 at 04:07 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if you guys plan to pick up this conversation again, but if you do (especially the guys on page 2), knock off the insults and harsh words.

We're all friends here, and there is no need to attack anyone for their views.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a good thing you brought attention to it again a page after it fizzled, just sayin'.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rlyskilled View Post
    It's a good thing you brought attention to it again a page after it fizzled, just sayin'.
    It's in the Helpful Topics sticky now, so it would have resurfaced eventually.

If it wasn't in Helpful Topics, I would have let it die.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Cleaned up formatting per the Ret communities wishes and trinket changes. If anything has changed I haven't noticed please chime in.

I apologize if I skimmed over this, but are we just reforging Haste to Mastery or Crit? Or is Haste becoming better at higher gear levels? I kind of groaned when I starting look at the epic plate gear and seeing all that Haste.

It really isn't that much haste. If you build that set on chardev and reforge it you'll end up with 5.8% haste, 9.86% crit, 18.08% mastery, 16 expertise(before glyph), and i pegged it at exactly 961 hit rating (8.00% hit). Those are very fair values and that not much haste at all. In total you have 743 haste, 1545 crit, and 1808 mastery by reforging the way I did.

EDIT: Here's the link. You could probably reforge better than that too.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD