Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Wait Non Americans im confused!

You hate when we are "Meddling" in other countries affairs. Yet when we stay low key about it, (Egypt) you ask us to do more...... IM CONFUSED!

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    You hate when we are "Meddling" in other countries affairs. Yet when we stay low key about it, (Egypt) you ask us to do more...... IM CONFUSED!
    If playing wow teaches you anything at all, let that lesson be that you can never satisfy people no matter what you do.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

If playing wow teaches you anything at all, let that lesson be that you can never satisfy people no matter what you do.
    If only the world could understand this there would be a lot more tolerance.

It's true we need to keep our nose out of it.
    Last edited by Tsimp; 2011-02-11 at 05:35 AM.

Well if you stick your nose where its not needed and then when something similar happens and you dont bat and eye lid cause there is no oil there then of course we are going to question your motives....?

yeah they must have forgot there's no oil in egypt

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I dont think America should do anything about egypt, let everyone figure it out themselves. Not trying to be a smart-ass but dont generalise, don't look at it as non-Americans wanting America to go in. People are individuals, and there are as many opinions as there are people.
    My Youtube videos. Co op gaming. A work in progress, but check em out, you might get a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by georgedeslandes View Post
    Well if you stick your nose where its not needed and then when something similar happens and you dont bat and eye lid cause there is no oil there then of course we are going to question your motives....?
    Why say "your" motives as if every single household in America owns at least two gas stations?

"and you dont bat and eye lid"

While in the meantime many in Egypt are already complaining about too much American influence in the situation.

Once again, there is no satisfying people.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

15+ Year Old Account
    There's plenty of oil in Egypt...

North of the Nile Delta and the Western Desert are large crude oil production areas - hell, one of Egypt's main exports is oil.

America isn't getting involved, but there is oil there! LOGIC BE DAMNED!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishform View Post
    Eh, I dont think America should do anything about egypt, let everyone figure it out themselves. Not trying to be a smart-ass but dont generalise, don't look at it as non-Americans wanting America to go in. People are individuals, and there are as many opinions as there are people.
    This guy understands it.

This thread is really ugh because of the immense amount of generalizations it is based on.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    There's plenty of oil in Egypt...

North of the Nile Delta and the Western Desert are large crude oil production areas - hell, one of Egypt's main exports is oil.

America isn't getting involved, but there is oil there! LOGIC BE DAMNED!
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    "and you dont bat and eye lid"

While in the meantime many in Egypt are already complaining about too much American influence in the situation.

Once again, there is no satisfying people.
    lol its mostly individuals. the gov really isnt doing much at all other than saying. yo dont kill each other, maybe step down, be peaceful, ect. you know just saying random stuff isnt meddling

That's a bit hypocritical. I mean, you ask them not to interfere, and then when they don't, you go ahead and question their motives. Of course, if they did go ahead and interfere, you would question their motives.

What can we learn from this?
    First, no matter what you do, you're doing it wrong.
    And second, just because you did what was asked of you, you're still in the wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    consistancy

(i live under a rock, who's asked the americans for help?)

Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    You are my new favourite person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    consistancy

(i live under a rock, who's asked the americans for help?)
    human rights organizations
    the egyptian ppl
    the egyptian government
    the english
    the french
    most of europe
    some mid east governments im sure
    oil companies
    the egyptian army
    me
    other ppl
    ect

lol its mostly individuals. the gov really isnt doing much at all other than saying. yo dont kill each other, maybe step down, be peaceful, ect. you know just saying random stuff isnt meddling
    Actually the egyptian "president" has managed to find time in his busy schedule to complain about it, directly or indirectly, multiple times.

Either way, I agree with Simca in that I'm a bit "ugh" about this thread in general because it's bound to degenerate into a mess sooner or later

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually the egyptian "president" has managed to find time in his busy schedule to complain about it, directly or indirectly, multiple times.

Either way, I agree with Simca in that I'm a bit "ugh" about this thread in general because it's bound to degenerate into a mess sooner or later
    dont report yet. so far so good.

America needs to get involved for reasons much larger than oil. If whoever comes to power is anti-American, then we lose a huge ally in the Middle East. Then Israel is going to be in a terrible position, surrounded by a bunch of countries that don't like them very much, and it may erupt into a much much bigger conflict.

I'm not saying America has to be involved for everything to work out. Hell, we put Saddam Hussein in power. We were all buddy buddy with Osama bin Laden when the Soviets invaded Afghanistan. Look at all that has happened since then.

Worst case scenario is that Egypt becomes another Iran, then we are all f'ed.