Thread: Unholy Blight

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Blowe View Post

so no you can't get all dps abilities
    What dps abilities can you not get?

My Unholy Blight is ticking for 1 (@85), I am new to the Dk class, but am I missing something? This was on a training dummy in the ebon hold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leofric View Post
    My Unholy Blight is ticking for 1 (@85), I am new to the Dk class, but am I missing something? This was on a training dummy in the ebon hold.
    Because the target dummies only have one health. Your Death Coil, effectivley, did 1 damage to the dummy and a lot of overkill. Unholy Blight took 10% of that 1 damage, .1 damage, but you can't do .1 damage, so they rounded it up to 1 damage.

---------- Post added 2011-02-15 at 11:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    Thinking about unholy blight makes me think about the old unholy blight, which makes me think of Shadow of Death
    Dark days indeed when an Unholy DK did more damage after dying then while they were alive.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

15+ Year Old Account
    UHBlight usually ends up about 1.7-2.1% of my total damage done.

If you had a talent that was, for example, "Increases all damage you do by 2/4/6%", you'd take it without question and love it.

UHBlight is a 2% damage increase for 1 point. It's pretty rad.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

The problem with Unholy Blight is that it is NOT a true 10% damage increase to your Death Coils unless you only Death Coil once every 10 seconds. This is because it's a rolling DoT and not a stacking DoT, so if you were to fire 7 Death Coils at a target over 10 seconds, you would only inflict an extra 10% damage of a single Death Coil.

So it's not really as no-brainer as a talent like Morbidity because a single point in morbidity offers an extra 35% Death Coil damage from 7 Death Coils over 10 seconds compared to the 10% in the example above.

In order for Unholy Blight to be a true 10% damage increase to Death Coil, it would need to stack at least three times to compensate for the realistic speed at which Unholy can toss out Death Coils (there's no way to cast 7 Death Coils in 10 seconds, even with a good AMS absorb).

EDIT: This is misinformation. UB DoT does indeed stack.
    Last edited by RabbitPrime; 2011-02-16 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitPrime View Post
    The problem with Unholy Blight is that it is NOT a true 10% damage increase to your Death Coils unless you only Death Coil once every 10 seconds. This is because it's a rolling DoT and not a stacking DoT, so if you were to fire 7 Death Coils at a target over 10 seconds, you would only inflict an extra 10% damage of a single Death Coil.
    When did it change? Last I remember from way back is this where it's supposed to stack like Rend/Righteous Vengeance/Ignite.

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitPrime View Post

So it's not really as no-brainer as a talent like Morbidity because a single point in morbidity offers an extra 35% Death Coil damage from 7 Death Coils over 10 seconds compared to the 10% in the example above.

In order for Unholy Blight to be a true 10% damage increase to Death Coil, it would need to stack at least three times to compensate for the realistic speed at which Unholy can toss out Death Coils (there's no way to cast 7 Death Coils in 10 seconds, even with a good AMS absorb).
    It does stack. If you have a couple ticks left on the previous UB and you fire another DC, the damage of the new ticks will be stacked onto the damage from the old ticks until the duration of the old one runs out.

So if you have a UB ticking for 300 with 3 ticks left, and you fire another DC which will tick UB for 300, you will get the 3 remaining ticks boosted to 600, and then it will drop down to 300 when the original one expires.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Nye View Post
    When did it change? Last I remember from way back is this where it's supposed to stack like Rend/Righteous Vengeance/Ignite.
    I just checked it again; I'm wrong.

Something I am noticing though is that DC spam on a target with no UB up will sometimes result in the second DC not being calculated into UB. I'm assuming this is a latency or client -> server issue.
    Last edited by RabbitPrime; 2011-02-16 at 05:32 PM.

I'm sorry if this counts as a necro but this is the thread I found through searching.
    My death coil hits for 6000 and my UB dot hits for 60, has anyone else noticed this or am I doing something wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda1337 View Post
    I'm sorry if this counts as a necro but this is the thread I found through searching.
    My death coil hits for 6000 and my UB dot hits for 60, has anyone else noticed this or am I doing something wrong?
    6000*10%=600
    600/10 ticks=60
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    6000*10%=600
    600/10 ticks=60
    Ah right, stupid of me, just seems so insanely low when you only do quick PvP fights
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Herald of the Titans Avatar Killer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulPoetry View Post
    its not meant to do a lot of damage, its really just to protect your diseases in pvp.
    no its actually meant to add damage to DC but prevent it from being so bursty. the latter was added because it sounded like a good idea to add that type of ability to the dot.

---------- Post added 2011-03-03 at 04:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by leofric View Post
    yes there is a bug on that. it does 1% of your DC damage per second or 10% total of the DC over 10 seconds.
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.
    New Expansion preview HERE