[Music] Clint Mansell Composing Mass Effect 3's Soundtrack.

Mass Effect 3 will have a new composer working on its soundtrack and that new composer is none other than Black Swan's Clint Mansell. Described as "one of modern cinema's most expressive and inventive soundtrack composers," Mansell has been credited with plenty of your favourite movies like Requiem for a Dream, The Wrestler and most recently Black Swan.

In an interview with The Quietus, Mansell described the experience of working on a title like Mass Effect 3 to be "more like a DJ," where the score reacts according to what the player is doing.

"You've got the holding pattern, then the big explosion where you need the score to kick in," he says. "Then you need to take it off on a tangent. You've got all these different elements that change depending on what the player does. You have to figure out an overall symphony, but be able to break it down into component parts. You can bring the pain when required."

Mass Effect 3 marks the conclusion of the epic sci-fi adventure from BioWare and will be out this holiday season on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.
    (original:http://www.gamingunion.net/news/blac...ack--3961.html)

What do you think of that?
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

I really love Mansell's work so I'm definitely looking forward to this. I just hope he does his best to still keep that sci-fi synth vibe that has been a mainstay for the ME series. I think they found a perfect mesh of orchestrated compositions and synth in ME2...here's hoping that they just stack that with Clint's brilliance and it will be a gaming soundtrack gem.