Thread: Useless Facts

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jtgizmo View Post
    I stand corrected
    And boom goes the dynamite.

On topic: Avocado is a fat based fruit, not a carbohydrate based fruit like almost all other fruit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    seriously, most of you won't play that game anymore in 1 months.

Boub has a time machine?!

The Blackberry mobile device was originally going to be called the Strawberry because its small keys resembled the seeds in a strawberry. o.O

Fact : you cannot lick your own elbow.
    sorry mate, i can lick my own elbow :S

i think its because i fold my elbow under my pillow every night, perhaps making them extra bendy ^_^

p.s. scouts honour! although haters do hate...

Most car dealerships in the US are closed on Sundays. Many dealers will tell you it is because it's illegal to sell cars on Sundays. It is not, however in most states it's illegal to sign a legal contract on Sundays. Guess what?!? You can't buy a car from a dealer without signing a sales contract. While it's not illegal for them to sell the cars on Sundays, it is illegal to buy one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fact: Wall of text crits 9999 (1337 overkill).

Quote Originally Posted by Drexxil View Post
    Avocado is a fat based fruit, not a carbohydrate based fruit like almost all other fruit.
    In some countries, avocado is considered more a veggie than a fruit. It's commonly used in salads. However in countries like brazil they eat it with sugar...eww.

you can live long time just eating Avocado

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting, but found a couple things you have in there that are just myths and have been disproven - - -
    In Scotland, a new game was invented. It was entitled Gentlemen Only Ladies Forbidden.... and thus the word GOLF entered into the English language.
    Just an myth.

If one places a tiny amount of liquor on a scorpion, it will instantly go mad and sting itself to death.
    Another myth. Scorpions are immune to their own poison.

10+ Year Old Account
    a banana is actually an herb

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    -Alexander the Great was an epileptic.

-so was Julius Caesar

---------- Post added 2011-02-21 at 04:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eggers View Post
    Interesting, but found a couple things you have in there that are just myths and have been disproven - - -

Just an myth.

Another myth. Scorpions are immune to their own poison.
    still its cutting into it's own flesh
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    OMG EVERYONE IS BANNED.

Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes.
    is said twice in that =P
    i read it all =o

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Homies View Post
    Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes.
    is said twice in that =P
    i read it all =o
    I just wanted to say that . Read it all aswell, alot of fun to know stuff in there .

A significant number of these seem false, just skimming the OP I noticed at least I handful I know are untrue or urban myths. Example: The average human eats 8 spiders in their lifetime at night. Proven false by snopes. I'm sure there are more 'facts' in there.

Bit sad that the OP can't be arsed to link his source, since I doubt he compiled this on his own. Also sad that most people will likely think all of this is true without giving it a second though.

//Bad pugs in the morning make you a bit cynical.
    Last edited by Acker; 2011-02-21 at 05:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karakkonor View Post
    Marksmanship . . . feels like you're driving a car with square wheels and a steering wheel made out of styrofoam (the cheap kind that breaks far too easily)(and is REALLY squeaky).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grothezk View Post
    so you are saying there's only 4 continents?. in asy case you are wrong. There's actually 6 continents: America (north, central and south america), Europe, Asia, Africa, Oceania (Australia is a country, not a continent) and finally the Antartida (I know it has no countries there, but many cientists agreed to consider it a continent).
    There's 7 continents in total.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not really a fact...but a useless law...lmao In Huntington West Virginia, like two towns away from where I live..Its legal to beat your wife on sundays on the court house steps, as long as whatever you hit her with is no bigger than your thumb, and there are 3 male tax payers around.

Deleted
    The part with the names of the continents only works in english.

The german names are:

Europa
    Afrika
    Australien
    Amerika
    Asien

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Great read. I laughed, I ooo'ed, I awww'ed, I eww'ed, and laughed some more.
    Then started a useless fact battle on facebook and totally won because I had this list LOL!!!
    Love it!!

No spider is poisonous, but many, if not all, are venomous to at least some degree.

A poison must be ingested, and is harmless to touch (You can pick up a poison dart frog without any issues, for example. Just don't lick your fingers afterward).

A venom must enter the blood stream. You can drink venom, and be A-okay! (Unless you have an ulcer, bleeding gums, or something similar.)

I wouldn't call it a 'useless fact,' but it's pretty much trivia since when you ask if a spider is poisonous, people know what you're talking about.

Another one:

The house cat is the descendant of a desert cat who feeds primarily on vipers and other dangerous desert creatures. Cats can naturally obtain all of their water from meat, and don't actually need a pure water source in their natural environment. Cats can remain comfortable up to 120F or so degrees, and don't start panting to cool themselves off until 130-135F.

Quote Originally Posted by Acker View Post
    A significant number of these seem false, just skimming the OP I noticed at least I handful I know are untrue or urban myths. Example: The average human eats 8 spiders in their lifetime at night. Proven false by snopes. I'm sure there are more 'facts' in there.

Bit sad that the OP can't be arsed to link his source, since I doubt he compiled this on his own. Also sad that most people will likely think all of this is true without giving it a second though.

//Bad pugs in the morning make you a bit cynical.

Its called google, you put in : Useless facts - top link : http://www.pmbc.com/fact.html

---------- Post added 2011-02-21 at 11:24 AM ----------

The largest volcano known is on Mars: Olympus Mons, 370 miles wide and 79,000 feet high, is almost three times higher than Mount Everest.
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by Patchwerk View Post
    "There are only four words in the English language which end in "-dous": tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous."
    Blasphemous?

Much interesting stuff though
    -Dous. ->D<-