Holy Pally Haste, what is a good value to stop? And what to reforge?

Hey guys,

I currently have about 1700+ haste but what is a good value to stop? It ain't increasing my cast speed any much faster or going below 2secs for my HL / DL casts.

Haste: 17.08% (1751 haste)
    Crit: 18.76 (1400 crit)
    Mp5: 2582 / 1876
    Mastery: 9.29 (231 Mastery)

Int: 4944
    Spirit: 1200

The above values are self buffed with Kings.

My char name: Wifeofarthas (Nagrand) Armory is down so I can't link yet....

I'd like to know what's a efficient way to reforge to from haste or crit, i've not reforged my gears yet.

Never stop. Get as much haste as possible. Its better than other stats.

http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t110847-[holy]cataclysm_holy_compendium/#Abilities

There's a table there that shows haste value vs how HR benefits from it. I'd say that's a pretty good rule to go by. So if you're above 1700 now, you should try and be pushing for 1860 (1859.4) since the next up (2945.7) isn't obtainable with current gear.

Shouldn't you be buffing with Blessing of Might for the mana regen? Looking at Kings gives an incorrect view of how you will stack in an Heroic or Raid doesn't it?
    5% of people think. 10% of people think they think. The other 85% of people would rather die than think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hago View Post
    Shouldn't you be buffing with Blessing of Might for the mana regen? Looking at Kings gives an incorrect view of how you will stack in an Heroic or Raid doesn't it?
    I don't know but I always buff Kings if I have to choose one blessing in heroic and there's no other options.

Quote Originally Posted by Hago View Post
    Meh, easier to add 326 mp5 to those numbers than to figure out the effect of +5% intellect. :P

Maybe someone can clarify this for me. To have 14 ticks of HR going, the table states 35% haste needed. 1860 rating result in 14,5% haste - 20,5% less than needed. What buffs are factored in to warrant that 1860 is sufficient for 14 ticks of HR?

I'd wager:
    1*1,145(hasterating)*1,03(speed of light)*1,09(judgements of the pure) = 27,99% haste - so still missing 7% here ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiercon View Post
    Maybe someone can clarify this for me. To have 14 ticks of HR going, the table states 35% haste needed. 1860 rating result in 14,5% haste - 20,5% less than needed. What buffs are factored in to warrant that 1860 is sufficient for 14 ticks of HR?

I'd wager:
    1*1,145(hasterating)*1,03(speed of light)*1,09(judgements of the pure) = 27,99% haste - so still missing 7% here ...
    Raid buffs?

Edit: Thats 5%. Missing 2 more.
    Last edited by Kilpi; 2011-02-11 at 01:10 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    I don't know but I always buff Kings if I have to choose one blessing in heroic and there's no other options.
    So do I. Blessing of Kings is vastly superior to Blessing of Might.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    5% haste moonkin aura.

There is still that 2 % that i dont know where its coming from, in raid i have 33.45% haste but when i do the math i still end up with a 2% diff

Quote Originally Posted by Fiercon View Post

I'd wager:
    it says 1,349766075 for me with 1.145 so it's pretty close. (and after considering some rounding errors on my side the 1860 should work).

On topic: even after reaching a cap for HR haste is still vastly superior to crit. And even after reaching the GCD cap it will be as useful as crit (not that you'll get haste capped without buffs anytime soon)

Deleted
    I would consider a 1.5sec HL/DL to be a the cap but you need 40% haste for that.

So it would mean that I should still push for more haste?

How much spirit would be considered good enough, because even with Might blessing, I still find myself running oom in some encounters despite Judging on every CDs, and yes, I'm only using HL and DL w/ HS, not even touching FoL.

On Tank Healing:
    30-40% on DL
    20-30% on Beacon
    15-20% on HL
    05-10% on HS

On Raid Healing
    35-45% on Beacon
    30% on HL
    15% on DL
    10% on HS

I find it quite challenging to heal thru progressions with out current mana regen especially to the increase in mana costs, that 10% is about losing 1 heal cast for every 10 casts.

So would it be wise for me to go reforge into spirit to get some regen going?

Quote Originally Posted by PureLife View Post
    So it would mean that I should still push for more haste?

How much spirit would be considered good enough, because even with Might blessing, I still find myself running oom in some encounters despite Judging on every CDs, and yes, I'm only using HL and DL w/ HS, not even touching FoL.

On Tank Healing:
    30-40% on DL
    20-30% on Beacon
    15-20% on HL
    05-10% on HS

On Raid Healing
    35-45% on Beacon
    30% on HL
    15% on DL
    10% on HS

I find it quite challenging to heal thru progressions with out current mana regen especially to the increase in mana costs, that 10% is about losing 1 heal cast for every 10 casts.

So would it be wise for me to go reforge into spirit to get some regen going?
    from what i understood from your post your using DL way too much saying that you shoulden't be the only one tank healing as that was chucked out the window when 4.0 came out i've been doing the raids on my pally and so far mana isn't an issue unless a dps screws up remember manapots glyphed divine plea glyph of divinity and try get a replenish in your group should be fine

Quote Originally Posted by Riggered View Post
    from what i understood from your post your using DL way too much saying that you shoulden't be the only one tank healing as that was chucked out the window when 4.0 came out i've been doing the raids on my pally and so far mana isn't an issue unless a dps screws up remember manapots glyphed divine plea glyph of divinity and try get a replenish in your group should be fine
    ^ This so much! Divine Light is for "special" phases or exceptional tank damage. Everything else and many situations inbetween need to be covered by cooldowns, hand of sacrifice (learn to love it) and other healers. 30-40% "exceptional" healing on tanks is too much, get another Tankhelaer or crossheal.

I agree with that!

But what's going on is Throne of the four winds, whereby you need to heal the tanks alone and a group of DPSers...

So its basically 1 healer 1 tank on each platform. I'm basing that figures on the Conclaves of Wind fight.

And I'll usually get low on mana after 3-4 phase changes.

there is no "cap" to spirit....it depends on your raid dps....

you need enough spirit to last as long as your dps needs to kill the boss....if you have crappy dps that is almost hitting the enrage timer on every boss, then you need a lot of spirit. if you have awesome dps that downs bosses with 3 or 4 minutes to spare, you need less.

As an idea, or goal, diamondtear (paragon holy pally) has almost 3k spirit fully buffed...though of course heroic fights do more damage, so more healing, and world first guilds are generally hugely undergeared compared to what the rest of us will be when we do that content....so lower raid dps....

Quote Originally Posted by Veriu View Post
    there is no "cap" to spirit....it depends on your raid dps....

you need enough spirit to last as long as your dps needs to kill the boss....if you have crappy dps that is almost hitting the enrage timer on every boss, then you need a lot of spirit. if you have awesome dps that downs bosses with 3 or 4 minutes to spare, you need less.

As an idea, or goal, diamondtear (paragon holy pally) has almost 3k spirit fully buffed...though of course heroic fights do more damage, so more healing, and world first guilds are generally hugely undergeared compared to what the rest of us will be when we do that content....so lower raid dps....
    Not only does spirit help us last longer in fights, but it also results in more healing output as the more spirit you got, the more you can affort spamming divine light

ot: as others said so far, there is currently no cap as you do not go under GCD by any means (and probably never will in this expansion), you should try to get spirit AND haste on each item, so item with crit or mastery, reforge to spirit or haste (which ever stat you dont have on the item)