Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorph View Post
    I've always hated that one, yes, it makes a sound. Sounds are waves that bounces through the air and off other things it hits, it's still there even if no one hears it.

It's kinda like saying, if every single living being on the Planet lied down and closed their eyes. Does the Sun still shine?
    Hell yeah, that mofo's making fusion's, which us Humans crave to be able to do, every second, it doesn't give a **** about who's looking at it.
    actually..its vibrations. its not a sound until something capable of turning vibration into sound comes into contact with these vibrations that it becomes sound so technically if nothing hears it then its just vibration in the air.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Talentbdf View Post

i * i = -1
    how much is 'i'?
    i^2=-1, i = Imaginary Number, its a number that can't actually exist but comes up in math. i is used a lot in calculations involving Electricity and electrical engineering.

neoteny

Tape recorder puzzle

Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    if it had been a suicide the tape recorder wouldn't have been in the right place.

bah, evilmonkey beat me to it.
    You've obviously never owned a tape recorder which, when it reaches the end of the tape, automatically rewinds to the beginning of the tape and then stops!

---------- Post added 2011-08-14 at 01:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lolnoobdead View Post
    You have got 2 ropes. For the sake of it, let's name them, Rope A & Rope B. Both ropes take exactly 1 Hour to fully burn. They are different in lengths and the thickness of the ropes is irregular, so burning half the rope does not take 30 Minutes. Your task is to determine, by burning the rope(s), when exactly 45 Minutes have passed. This one is pretty difficult yet quite intriguing.
    As a logic puzzle, this one can't be answered without more information. In practice, you'd probably measure quite close to 45 minutes using the "official" solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmonkey View Post
    a good old one from back in high school.

three gods A, B, and C are called, in no particular order, True, False, and Random. True always speaks truly, False always speaks falsely, but whether Random speaks truly or falsely is a completely random matter.

Your task is to determine the identities of A, B, and C by asking three yes-no questions; each question must be put to exactly one god. The gods understand English, but will answer all questions in their own language, in which the words for yes and no are 'da' and 'ja', in some order. You do not know which word means which.

begin.
    what happens if you ask A this question "Would B say that C is truthful?"
    And A is the truthful one , B is the random and C is the liar.

A should be honest, but he is asked a question to which he does not know the answer, because B, being random, could say yes or no.
    So what would he answer?

I think whats going on here, is that the question "Would B say that C is truthful?" is not a yes/no question, since A should be able to reply "sometimes" for him to be truthful; same would hold for the liar as he cannot lie to which he does not know the answer.

But I am interested if their is a way....because it seems impossible to me....the proposed solution from a few posts down has some errors too:

To God A: If I asked you if B was the random god, would you say "Ja"?
    If Ja - Talk to god C next. If Da - Talk to god B next.
    To next god, ask: If I asked you if you were the truthteller, would you say "Ja"?
    To the same god, ask: If I asked you if A was the random god, would you say "Ja".
    If A is Random....he would error out, because whether he randomly speaks the truth or randomly lies, he can't do both, because he is asked a question to which the answer is random.

UNLESS random gods aren't really being truthful / untruthful by chance, but just spew out random "da" and "ja", in which case you could ask him what's 2+2 and he'll say either da or ja.....
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande