Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    For ATM "best" (for me) crit gear build http://www.chardev.org/?profile=43889 ....
    If you are raiding, replace neck ASAP for hit and crit one...

Enginnering and JWC, only one Pve item (trinket), for shadow dance Synapse Springs...

hit-capped for pvp, avoided mastery as much as i can, added new ench from patch....

EDIT: Unfortunately, there is NONE neck with crit+hit Only Haste+mastery pve neck.....so stick to mastery->reforge to crit for pvp neck or start rading for http://www.wowhead.com/item=65107
    Last edited by Matlafous; 2011-02-13 at 11:43 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    why take nightstalker but not quickening in your 'best overall spec' ? isnt a 20% healing increase and 15% movement > 15% movement while stealthed? yes...it's calculated differently, but still...
    You have to take 31 in Subtlety to fill the tree. In a perfect world you would want quickening. Quickening is a great talent. If you feel like you are getting focused a lot you should definitely change your spec. It all depends what comp you play. You can combat the speed loss by the minor speed enchant to your boots. I just posted "best overall" because it was the best balance of the two specs. I will re change my wording.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuppa View Post
    You have to take 31 in Subtlety to fill the tree. In a perfect world you would want quickening. Quickening is a great talent. If you feel like you are getting focused a lot you should definitely change your spec. It all depends what comp you play. You can combat the speed loss by the minor speed enchant to your boots. I just posted "best overall" because it was the best balance of the two specs. I will re change my wording.
    Just seems like cheat death would be more useful than nightstalker, but that's just my opinion on it... love my cheat death.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    Just seems like cheat death would be more useful than nightstalker, but that's just my opinion on it... love my cheat death.
    Understandable. I just do not like cheat death very much. I feel like it is not worthwhile anymore. Thanks for the input.

Just leveled my first Rogue to max level. I have always had a rogue that was behind in levels of the current expansion. but I just recently got my rogue to 85. I was leveling Combat and only felt comfortable with combat. So when I started to pvp I stayed Combat. I appreciate the post, because although I am still having fun with Combat I feel like Subtlety would be more effective in PVP. I hope to choose a spec sometime this week and go from there. Any further Advice for a new max level rogue pvper would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Scionset View Post
    Just leveled my first Rogue to max level. I have always had a rogue that was behind in levels of the current expansion. but I just recently got my rogue to 85. I was leveling Combat and only felt comfortable with combat. So when I started to pvp I stayed Combat. I appreciate the post, because although I am still having fun with Combat I feel like Subtlety would be more effective in PVP. I hope to choose a spec sometime this week and go from there. Any further Advice for a new max level rogue pvper would be much appreciated.
    Subtlety is definitely more effective in PvP. You have great control, mobility, burst damage, and survivability. For someone knew to the rogue class it is all about practice. Play in BG after BG to hone your skills. Duel people. Watch videos of Rogue PvP online. Try to get a feel for what you should be doing. You need experience and practice will make you a lot better and more comfortable in what you are doing. Good luck!

Want to share something, because its allmost "state-of-art" for rogue...

Was looking for power aura help for Glyph of Hemorrhage and found this: http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t106979-..._auras_config/

Look at setup for sub rogue, little twink it and use it....

Deleted
    You can also open with Sap, and then Premed Garrote without breaking the Sap for extra cp and pool back energy for like 2.5 to 2.9 seconds with your target still sapped before you KS or whatever you feel like doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Halja View Post
    You can also open with Sap, and then Premed Garrote without breaking the Sap for extra cp and pool back energy for like 2.5 to 2.9 seconds with your target still sapped before you KS or whatever you feel like doing.
    That is the ideal opening in arena and duels. Thanks for the input Halja!

---------- Post added 2011-02-16 at 03:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Matlafous View Post
    Want to share something, because its allmost "state-of-art" for rogue...

Was looking for power aura help for Glyph of Hemorrhage and found this: http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t106979-..._auras_config/

Look at setup for sub rogue, little twink it and use it....
    Power Auras/ Rogue Power Bars is a great addon to use for PvP. A few others that are helpful are Gladius, OmniCC, a bar mod such as bartender/bongos, and a nameplate addon such as TidyPlates to name a few. It is very helpful to watch Rogue PvP Videos along with looking at Rogue UI screenshots to determine what setup would be most helpful and efficient.