Deleted

Am I the only one who cares about this bug?

Good evening.

Ever since I first made my tauren druid 4 years ago, I've been noticing this weird stripe they have on their head/neck/back or whatever they have there there. It gets annoying to be watching that over and over again, especially when wearing a light colored cloak. THe thing is, I've searched across Google and other sites to find a solution to get rid of it, but haven't had any luck so far.

Is this a known bug that can't be fixed, are Blizzard being lazy again or is it only I who am finding this extremely annoying?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Deleted
    I don't have a stripe like that on my Tauren druid :S

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would care about that bug, but I honestly don't see the stripe either. Try updating your graphics card driver?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think this is a "bug" per se. When you make a model, it's much easier to just make one half, then duplicate and invert it. It seems that with the Tauren they didn't quite close the gap enough,so you can see the line in some situations.

it's not the game mate... it's your computer!

Deleted
    Back then I never cared as we had permanent tree forms... now it just sucks. And it's been like this on both my computers, so I'm pretty sure it isn't my card being faulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Durarn View Post
    Good evening.

Ever since I first made my tauren druid 4 years ago, I've been noticing this weird stripe they have on their head/neck/back or whatever they have there there. It gets annoying to be watching that over and over again, especially when wearing a light colored cloak. THe thing is, I've searched across Google and other sites to find a solution to get rid of it, but haven't had any luck so far.

Is this a known bug that can't be fixed, are Blizzard being lazy again or is it only I who am finding this extremely annoying?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    This issue has been checked before, you might need to reinstall your client or update your outdated graphic card drivers. But as far as a bug existing withing the game itself to display what your image is showing, it doesn't exist. Everything is working as intended.

Is it possible it's the bug in hair-style? Do taurens have different hair styles? if so, try another one.

It's your computer

Deleted
    I had tauren dudu at 80 lvl, but never seen this stripe :/
    Must be your pc/client fault.

Put some rogaine in there and wait a couple of days.

On topic: My tauren's hair looks fine

That's definitely your computer, Ive never seen that on any of my Tauren.

I've had my tauren druid for a long time now and I've never seen that before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    Put some rogaine in there and wait a couple of days.
    Real life solutions for WoW related problems

You can also try a comb-over and see if that helps hide that unsightly gap.

Quote Originally Posted by sydazlir View Post
    I don't think this is a "bug" per se. When you make a model, it's much easier to just make one half, then duplicate and invert it. It seems that with the Tauren they didn't quite close the gap enough,so you can see the line in some situations.
    AFAIK most of their 3D models for WoW are made with 3D studio max, there's a "symmetry" modifier, and it "welds" the "vertex" together automatically closing the gap. The "mirror" could be off, but generally that splits the entire model in two, not just a small part of it like on that screenshot. Like people said, it's probably his computer, cuz I don't see that either.

I always had that same problem, but it was so dependent on camera angle and distance (specifically I had to be zoomed in to the point where I couldn't see much but Tauren back and perfectly centered) that it never really bothered me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Graphic Settings go go
    >>This is where I'd put a witty quote for my Signature<<
    IF I HAD ONE