Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lightbulb Immolate, has had a bug forever.. Can it be fixed?

For over two years I've been playing WOW. I just happened to pick a Warlock as my first toon with no regrets, except... There has been a issue in dungeon runs and in raid were there are two Warlocks or more. I one has casted Immolate and a few seconds later, the other cast's it, the first drops off after its duration and then later the second drops off right... Yeah, ok we are on the same page then. So, if I'm a destro spec and the first lock casting Immolate i can hit conflag twice before it needs to be refreshed. Sounds good so far, but the Second lock that casted it after me still has the dot ticking. The conflag button looks like its ready for me to hit it a Third time, but it is not going to happen. While im mashing and keeping up my rotation I don't see that "My Immolate" has dropped off. So I mash and mash conflag and waste time, cause I don't have the dot up, the other lock does.

So how can this be fixed, blizzard has ignored tickets put in about this in the past. I raid each week with another lock in my group, and thats great but we both suffer from the others immolate or lack there of, our own being on the target. If you are a lock, and have seen this happen to you, do us all a favor. Put in a ticket and maybe with enough people voices we might get heard. Getting an addon to fix this is garbage. I mean really this is a data base issue that can be corrected. I run minimal addon's to keep my performance edge. Running something to correct a glitch that can be corrected on the software side of the issue seems to be the better fix.

Thanks for reading this and remember, were all in this together so keep your ale cold and your powder dry mate!

15+ Year Old Account
    Enable the new feature that shows your dots larger than everyone elses. If you don't have a large Immolate dot up, you need to recast.

Yeah, its a bug, but there are higher priorities than this.

R.I.P. YARG

10+ Year Old Account
    This has never been a problem to me. I use a different debuff tracker than the standard UI and it only shows MY active debuffs so no confusion.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    conflag also lights up with shadowflame dot on, even though you can't cast it with just shadowflame anymore.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

Why would conflag ever be up immediately after you just cast it?

Quote Originally Posted by Agallochh View Post
    This has never been a problem to me. I use a different debuff tracker than the standard UI and it only shows MY active debuffs so no confusion.
    what ui is this? i'd love to have it lol. it would sure as hell clear up some of the clutter in my raid screen
    Quote Originally Posted by Damntastic View Post
    wotlk champs wants to run through instances like fucking mario

You can do it with X-Perl and Pitbull but I'm sure there are a lot of other add ons that have that feature. I use X-perl because of how easy it is to set up, pitbull is a little more complicated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gualdhar View Post
    conflag also lights up with shadowflame dot on, even though you can't cast it with just shadowflame anymore.
    this annoys the life out of me -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    Enable the new feature that shows your dots larger than everyone elses. If you don't have a large Immolate dot up, you need to recast.

Yeah, its a bug, but there are higher priorities than this.
    Though I feel your pain....this ^

While the temptation to look only at your bars may be part of the problem, using something like X-perl where your dots are bigger than everyone elses' cleared up the problem for me. It's a bug yes, but I think it's low on the priority list of the Blizz team, and even low on the list for a lot of players--especially since it has such an easy fix.

Quote Originally Posted by ynkesfan2003 View Post
    what ui is this? i'd love to have it lol. it would sure as hell clear up some of the clutter in my raid screen
    You can do it with the default Blizzard UI nowadays.... Just tick "only show my debuffs", problem solved.
    Also: Get OmniCC or EventHorizon, it'll show you the time left on all your DoTs and cooldowns so that you can anticipate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ynkesfan2003 View Post
    As others have mentioned, X-Perl and Pitbull work. I personally use X-Perl and turn debuffs other than mine off.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

I sure as hell hope they dont fix this... unless you have near perfect latency, this allows you to cast conflagrate immediately after your immolate hits. Normally, the rotation should go immo - CB - conflag (if you have above 0 latency), so that your not sitting there doing nothing with your downtime. What i notice with other immolates on the mob/boss besides mine is that i can immediately hit conflag instantly after my immolate is applied. This "bug" basically gets rid of the negative effect of your latency.

Using an addon like Needtoknow, and monitoring the spell cooldown of conflag = profit.

this has been a known bug for a while (read about it back in BC). There's interface options to show only your debuffs as well as show yours at the front of the list (bigger) than other debuffs. Yes i occasionally get the same issue but i've learned to watch the debuff that's mine because its always at the front (unlike a long time ago where it was in the order it was cast).

the problem is that it takes the client a few seconds after immolate is cast to know that it hit successfully on the boss because it has to travel to the 'world' server, register, then travel back. all guides have pretty much stated the best way around this is to cast immo -> instant cast gcd -> conflag to alleviate the downtime waiting on the dot to register.

you can also use an addon like power auras to flash at you when your immolate is dropping off so you know to refresh if you're not actively watching the boss' debuffs. I do this keeping track of my improved soul fire buff
    This pretty much sums up how i feel about this thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eater_of_birds View Post
    this annoys the life out of me -.-
    this!!! i was under the impression that pre cata conflag could be cast from shadowflame too? now i understand it does immo's dot damage.... wait, am i making this up? could you cast conflag from a shadowflame dot?

You could, if you used it on Immolate it was based off of Immolate's dot, if you cast it off Shadowflame it was based off of Shadowflame's dot, ie shit. Was only worth it if you had the daze talented for a quick slow (and for some reason you didn't have shadowflame glyphed).

so you are tracking immolate by the ability to cast conflag?

15+ Year Old Account
    download an addon lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imbashiethz View Post
    download an addon lol.
    That solves it kind of, but we shouldn't need addons to work around bugs that Blizzard isn't fixing.

it's a problem with mages as well sir.