Thread: New PC case

10+ Year Old Account

New PC case

I'm looking to purchase a new case, replacing my old and pretty small Enermax Starray something or other. I was hoping to spend £100 or less. I have absolutely no clue what is the best i could buy for that price so I'm looking to you guys to point me in the right direction.

Thanks, in advance.

Depending on what your putting in it

HAF 922 Mid Tower(80 Pound). The HAF 922 nice Mid tower which can hold a noctua d 14 (1 off the biggest air cpu coolers)

HAF 932 Rc case (105 pound). The HAF 932 is a huge case and can hold every motherboard/2-3 fan Liquid cooling
    The black blood of Yogg'saron causes through me! I AM UNSTOPPALBLE!

I grabbed this one for my new build: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811119196
    Good airflow, cool design and decent cablemanagement. Was easy to build in, but there is a certain cable salad going on (mostly because my psu)
    Check it out, and make sure your graphics card isn't too big. Official measurements can be found for both case and gpu.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have the scout (had it for about a year now) as well, and if you're doing basic cooling it's a pretty good case, its a little on the small side though.

Will you be moving it a lot? How do you plan on cooling your system?
    Last edited by TrickieTK; 2011-02-11 at 10:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TrickieTK View Post
    Will you be moving it a lot? How do you plan on cooling your system?
    I will pretty much never be moving it and I will be cooling it with fans 4-5 of them.

15+ Year Old Account
    if you're never moving it than you wont need a case with a handle, the scout's handle is hella durable, and I use it when I go between friend's houses, home, and visiting family so I do end up carrying it quite a bit. I would go with either a HAF series or a Dark Fleet for sure for air cooling

Deleted
    There are plenty of cases to be had for your price range.

If you want something that's simple and stylish then there are the Fractal Design cases, such as these ones.

The coolermaster ones mentioned above seem to be popular choices at the moment.

If I was building a new system, I'd be tempted to try out this case from Xigmatek or even Lian Li's case. Not many reviews that I could find on both these cases, but they look excellent.

Lastly there is Cooler Master's CM 690 II White edition case, which should provide adequate cooling but it's an attractive price for a not so conventional coloured case.

i think you should try out the Antec Nine Hundred Two and let us know http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811129097
    Current System - Ultra Budget <$550 (Reused: 19" monitor, KB and mouse)
    Case: Xion Echo $50 PSU: Antec EarthWatts EA-500D $50
    Win 7 OEM: $99 HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 250GB 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s $45
    CPU/MB Combo: MSI 880GMA-E45 / Phenom II x3 720 2.8 (OC 3.5) $150
    GPU: MSI R5670 CYCLONE 1G Radeon HD 5670 $89
    Mem: G.Skill Ripjaws 2x2GB 1333 (pc10666) $45
    DVD Burner: Asus 24x $18
    - update: 2/16/11 added Hyper 212 CPU Cooler $30