Page 1 of 3
LastLast

10% Spell Damage Reduction to Spriests

Oh well.. It was fun while it lasted.

10+ Year Old Account
    i miss my 65k mind blast crits
    I reported lamb of log twice, once for having a slow car and once for trolling.

Can't say I didn't see that coming.

Deleted
    We were 3rd on simulationcraft. Was this THAT absurd?

It's more an 8% nerf:
    (125%-115%)/125% x 100 = 8%

But yes, it was to be expected from the numbers appearing in parses.

15+ Year Old Account
    all spriests called it. they nerf the spriest instead of DI which was making the spriest what they are. i predict below average without DI and average with it. i hope all raids have a lock if there is a spriest.

Quote Originally Posted by RestInPieces View Post
    I'm with you. I like being the best, but probably due to the nature of VE we will never have the highest damage output of any class.

edit: To clarify.. I mean that from a design standpoint, not a mechanics standpoint.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hellar View Post
    all spriests called it. they nerf the spriest instead of DI which was making the spriest what they are. i predict below average without DI and average with it. i hope all raids have a lock if there is a spriest.
    DI was an insane buff indeed and unfortunately it seems they are taking it for granted.

Quote Originally Posted by venfayth View Post
    I'm with you. I like being the best, but probably due to the nature of VE we will never have the highest damage output of any class.

edit: To clarify.. I mean that from a design standpoint, not a mechanics standpoint.
    I wouldn't mind nerfing our damage even more if shadowpriests' VT and VE was the same as in TBC and our AOE as powerful as in wrath. But now i am not sure about how likely we are to be included in a progress raid setup.

Justified in my opinion, but they should remove Dark Intent from the game if you ask me. And then you can keep your damage. It's such an unreliable ability for PvP, always get's dispelled.
    Now these points of data make a beautiful line.

Quote Originally Posted by hellar View Post
    Yep. It's like Randomsmo(official forums) said:

Seems consistent to me:
    Spriests are buffing warlocks too much - nerf spriest!
    Warlocks are buffing spriests too much - nerf spriest!
    Spriests buffing Warlocks with Shadow Weaving? NERF SPRIEST!! Warlocks buffing Spriest with DI? NERF SPRIEST!!

GG Blizz. At least it's not a total loss, though. Sure, we're getting -10% overall damage, but our Mastery increased quite a bit. (My Empowered Shadows went from ~12% to 27% with 4.0.6)
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    but our Mastery increased quite a bit. (My Empowered Shadows went from ~12% to 27% with 4.0.6)
    How so? Wasn't it buffed for 0.2% damage per mastery point? (1.3 to 1.5?) Should be some tooltip error.
    Last edited by mmocae0c0b5343; 2011-02-12 at 03:11 AM.

We are in the same spot now that feral dps were in ever since the mangle debuff existed. If there was a feral tank/warrior applying trauma/mangle, they were fine dps-wise. If there wasn't, they were mediocre at best. They've made mangle/trauma last 60 seconds near the end of WotLK to make ferals less setup-dependent.

Someone might want to bring this up on the US forums in relation to DI and spriests(/and perhaps moonkins).

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand the overall nerf...why not revert MB?

Quote Originally Posted by Wekapedia View Post
    We are in the same spot now that feral dps were in ever since the mangle debuff existed. If there was a feral tank/warrior applying trauma/mangle, they were fine dps-wise. If there wasn't, they were mediocre at best.
    That's not quite true. After Ferals got buffed for 3.1 they were quite good until the end of WotLK, even without a mangle-bot. Arp was nice.

Quote Originally Posted by KFrost2008 View Post
    I don't understand the overall nerf...why not revert MB?
    You mean why not revert the mastery change, right? I've HATED playing shadow in 4.0 because our ramp-up and reliance on such huge % buffs from an RNG element. Now, if they're unhappy with how fast MS + MB is bursting people in and of itself without orbs or dots, I can see the nerf to Shadow Power making sense, but as the big problem (I'd have to assume) is with the size of 3 orb hits/crits and how much damage the dots are doing with Emp Shadows up, nerfing the easy % isn't really fixing the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by RestInPieces View Post
    UH was nerfed fairly significantly (#2).
    Sounds like they are adjusting Hunters somewhat, results TBD. (#1).
    And Balance (#4) is also being adjusted.

Pretty much every spec at the top of simulationcraft is being balanced via hotfixes.

You leave hunters/dk/warlocks op from release till 3 days ago and now that oh wait, WHAT! A SHADOW PRIEST is doing GOOD!?!?! You announce the nerf 3 days later. Fun. <--- For that word to be true to its meaning, leave us like we are now for 1 month. Then it will be fair. Or maybe next time, NERF every class equally. Also why does it matter that a shadow priest does good dmg? Holy Sh*t the only thing we bring is DAMAGE. Bring the player not the class, yeah right thats some BS right there. You just need 3 interrupts for nefarian (10man), you just need a mage for heroic Halfus(10man), must I go on? Bring the player not the class.... yeah @!##ing right. Ask any raid leader if they are willing to bring a class that brings litterally nothing great, doesn't do competitive damage and doesn't have an interrupt.

You are the ones to blame, don't say things you can't deliver.

*Bring the player, not the class. *

Wrote this on 4.0.6 hotfix, it pretty much resumes everything i have in mind.

I also think another reason they adjusted the spell damage percentage down from 25% to 15% is probably to homogenize it with our 2 other trees:

Disc: +15% int
    Holy: +15% healing
    Shadow: +15% spelldmg (down from 25%)

Of course the main reason is "too much damage", but I'm certain this also has something to do with it.
    Last edited by zsun; 2011-02-12 at 04:06 AM.

lulzerbeams

They add a 10% boost of RNG goodness, then nerf a static 10% buff. At best, we're right back where we started. Real-world numbers, we'll probably come out lower than before. That's the life of the Ginger-class in WoW. The only people left playing this class are people who like to have their nipples nearly tore off with biting during sex.