So I just watch the RIFT cinematic on their website... >_>

What a lame piece of crap.

The vibe I got from the developers who made that video is that they're a bunch of DnD wannabes. Plus, that video definitely had too much action. It would've totally been more awesome if they'd focused on story elements, rather than having two blue-skinned people double-team some caucasian guy who looks like the barfly you'd find at every bar who gets denied by hot chicks sitting there.

And what's more, the white guy wins? What the hell...? LAME! I mean seriously: they made the most GENERIC-looking race in any fantasy MMO wtfpwn two "Defiants" (I think they're called). I mean, clearly that white guy is the embodiment of the Alliance (and Trion is probably going to cater to that white-guy race and not give the blue dudes any attention, much like blizz did when WoW first came out. HORDE FOREVER!).

Anyway, needed to vent. Thought the video sucked, this looks like another fantasy MMO with absolutely nothing to offer. The fact that they made the cinematic all action, instead of using it to immerse the viewer into any appreciation of setting or lore, shows they're looking for the button-mashing sugar-rush generation of fantasy gamers.

I long for the day of a story-driven RPG... I hope it arrives soon, and with a vengeance! :P

Quote Originally Posted by sunnystormy View Post

I long for the day of a story-driven RPG... I hope it arrives soon, and with a vengeance! :P

Thank me later.
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case