Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Moving Moments in a game.

Hello, all.
    I was recently going through some old WoW YouTube videos, and came across the death of the Lich King video. I watched it, and was thinking on it, and realized what a truly moving video it was. The music, the voice acting, camera work, the script - everything - was spot on. It was amazing. It.. moved me. Such emotion in such a short amount of time.
    So it got me to wondering; Has anyone else had a "moving/emotional" moment in a game - any game, really? Whether it was in-game, a cinematic, or which ever. Was it a sense of elation, or a sense of sadness? If it's available, feel free to post video links.

Deleted
    Final Fantasy VII : Crisis Core. The ending when Zack dies. It's just sad =(

Edit: link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK8mmrRl7IQ
    Edit2: It's seemingly in japanese, but you can find the english version by just typing Crisis Core Ending english. =)
    Last edited by mmocb150f6494b; 2011-02-12 at 11:16 AM.

First thing that comes to mind is FFXIII, and the return from Pulse when they crash right into the race. For all the other misgivings that game had, that cinematic was FANTASTIC. <3

Linky to youtube clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWJxXtjOjIo

10+ Year Old Account
    World third guild ever summoning Ragnaros back in vanilla.
    Or helping the Darkrider aka Wing aka best paladin in the world tank Nefarian.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Outside your window... sit up straighter, that's bad for your posture!
    I think I probably got a bit teary eyed during a few games... sadly for the life of me, I can't recall them right now. I know WoW has tugged on my heart strings... the death of Bolvar, some of the new Darkshore quests... finding the dead bodies of all those old NPC's... seeing some die right there ... or Grimclaws master D:

When Nanami dies in Suikoden 2
    When Aeris dies in FF7
    When Crono dies in Chrono Trigger

to name a few...

In wow the new Tauren starting zone got me blue and the quests at Taurajo Ruins made me /rage, also, when Zuni dies... so sad
    Last edited by Kavoo; 2011-02-12 at 05:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everywhere, no where, over there, in the air.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dairios View Post
    I think I probably got a bit teary eyed during a few games... sadly for the life of me, I can't recall them right now. I know WoW has tugged on my heart strings... the death of Bolvar, some of the new Darkshore quests... finding the dead bodies of all those old NPC's... seeing some die right there ... or Grimclaws master D:
    The quests of Darrowshire with the little girl who doesn't think she's dead?

The end of Red Dead Redemption, you came to love John Marston and he dies

At the end of Halo 3 at the Master Chief's funeral. I've been plain halo since day 1. MC was my bff. Was sad to see the engraved "117"

Shadow of the Colossus just to name one.
    There are so many more though, it's a shame I can't remember the title name.

The end to MGS3, gets me everytime. shed a few man tears.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not really sad, but for me a good progression kill is such a huge rush. It's what keeps me raiding.

The cinematic for the Wrathgate battle. I don't know why, I think it's a cord in the music that helps, but every time I watch it I get chills down my spine when the Forsaken play their trump card. Really cool lore moment.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moonripper View Post
    The end to MGS3, gets me everytime. shed a few man tears.
    MGS4 was completely badass. <Spoils> Going through every MG game's health bar and UI and stuff, and just spending 5-10 minutes beating the ever loving shit out of Liquid/Revolver/Whatever, the microwave room, Big Boss... The entire game felt like I was guiding a really well written movie and I don't think I'll play a game that tops it for at least a couple more years.

For me, its the Wrathgate cinematic. I've seen the damn thing so many times now (many alts) and it still brings tears to my eyes
    Warriors in PvP are like small hyperactive children in a candy shop made of bouncy castle.

Listening to Thane's stories in Mass Effect 2 always gets to me.

Gears of War 2 - When Dom finds Maria. The entire game he's searching for her, and then...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Legend of the Dragoon, I forgot his name.. but the green guy, when he dies and the king or prince replaces him. Was a very emotional and well made scene. Wish I could remember it better =(

Lost Odyssey the A Thousand Years of Dreams every single one wtf man

especially Hanna's Departure i can't post links yet but look it up on youtube
    Last edited by Relivan; 2011-02-12 at 09:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every single moment of Shadow of the Colossus.