Thread: BOOM, nerfed.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by jibbyjackjoe View Post
    Oh. Don't worry. Blizzard will take DI away from us warlocks because of the balancing issues with it all. It's not like they can make warlocks unique in any way. This buff we bring is unique, therefore it will be gone soon. Then your class will be buffed up a bit to fix.

    Honestly though, blizzard hasn't a clue how to make a class. If everyone is the same, why not just have 3 classes: a tank a healer a dps. Well 4. We can have one ranged and one melée dps.
    to be completely honest, i wish they would take it away from us. I'm tired of getting badgered for this buff because all classes seem to think they are best suited to this buff. all i have to do when i want to go smoke during raid is say in vent the following: i have trouble deciding on which class to give my dark intent to. please explain to me why i should give it to you and provide hard facts. i then take off my headset, go outside and smoke and when i come back, 3 ppl have left the raid,2 are still arguing and i have a bout 7 /w me to defend their friends' point of view. its funny yet tiring.

    @ therabiddeer. still not impressed. and for someone not raiding actively and spending most of your time on the forums i do not think your opinion is one that carries much weight. if anything you are only hurting your cause and also if you are really that upset about the nerf-batting, stop complaining on unofficial forums and take it to the official ones (even though I'm sure the sp qq contingent is pretty well represented there). OR rally all the sps and have a "SP pride parade" even though there's already one of those annually in montreal, or so I've heard.
    Last edited by joumasepoes; 2011-02-12 at 11:46 AM.

  2. #42
    Herald of the Titans nocturnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Posts
    2,661
    You can't pretend you didn't see this nerf coming. Any half decent spriest was destroying the damage meters. Ours was doing at least 25k dps on single target fights. Add a secondary target and see him skyrocket to 28k+ dps. As for dark intent: any warlock not knowing who to put this on is a complete and utter retard. DI goes on a spriest, period. If there's no spriest it goes on a resto druid. Etc, etc...

    After this hotfix you'll still do competitive dps, don't worry.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    You can't pretend you didn't see this nerf coming. Any half decent spriest was destroying the damage meters. Ours was doing at least 25k dps on single target fights. Add a secondary target and see him skyrocket to 28k+ dps. As for dark intent: any warlock not knowing who to put this on is a complete and utter retard. DI goes on a spriest, period. If there's no spriest it goes on a resto druid. Etc, etc...

    After this hotfix you'll still do competitive dps, don't worry.
    thats what i have been saying from the start. sometimes u gotta spell it out huh.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by joumasepoes View Post
    to be completely honest, i wish they would take it away from us. I'm tired of getting badgered for this buff because all classes seem to think they are best suited to this buff. all i have to do when i want to go smoke during raid is say in vent the following: i have trouble deciding on which class to give my dark intent to. please explain to me why i should give it to you and provide hard facts. i then take off my headset, go outside and smoke and when i come back, 3 ppl have left the raid,2 are still arguing and i have a bout 7 /w me to defend their friends' point of view. its funny yet tiring.

    @ therabiddeer. still not impressed. and for someone not raiding actively and spending most of your time on the forums i do not think your opinion is one that carries much weight. if anything you are only hurting your cause and also if you are really that upset about the nerf-batting, stop complaining on unofficial forums and take it to the official ones (even though I'm sure the sp qq contingent is pretty well represented there). OR rally all the sps and have a "SP pride parade" even though there's already one of those annually in montreal, or so I've heard.
    I made my argument in the blog post. I am taking my argument to here too, as blizzard does look at fan forums as well. In addition, I dont care if you are impressed or not.

    How do I spend most of my time on the forums anyway? It is 4AM, raiding requires 24 other people. I dont have 24 other people to raid with, so I am posting on the forums. My opinion carries as much weight as anybody elses, and I would argue carries far more weight than yours considering you have not done anything except try to discredit me (and failed miserably at that). How about you try to discredit what I am saying instead of myself? Or maybe I should provide my history for you to give myself more merit?

    Vanilla - I didnt raid much, but still cleared partway through naxx. I wasnt very hardcore in this period of time
    TBC - Went hardcore, was a holy paladin for the beginning and had many top 100 US kills. Pretty respectable. Quit playing for a while and came back to play a resto druid. Again clearing everything and getting pretty high US kills. Full cleared sunwell.
    WotLK - Still a resto druid, got like a world 50th kill on sarth +3 10 man, mostly took that long because we had no DK or feral tank available, so the breath was just too difficult. Finally geared up a DPS DK to tank and killed him easily. Full cleared everything and got pretty solid ranks all through ulduar. Quit again, came back just before ICC to be a shadow priest as a casual. I was ranked on WMO for a few fights in ICC.

    What have you done? What is your character?
    Last edited by TheRabidDeer; 2011-02-12 at 12:03 PM.

  5. #45
    i play a lock. when I'm not playing a lock I'm playing with my wee wee. that's to say if my wife does not play with it. sometimes i play my lock with my wee wee. sometimes i even get on the forums and complain because the quality of my wee wee playing time is not to my liking as i would like it to play with itself and still provide me with satisfaction. i was ranked 3rd in wee wee lock playing by my mother who also was ranked 1st by me. but that does not matter because its , whats the word... "anecdotal"? hmm what else is sooo special about me, hmm. i have a nipple hair about 4 inches long, and i enjoy shaving stripes on my chest so it looks like my pecs are behind bars.

    I'm glad you did all those things. really i am proud of you. point is you are complaining about something that is justified. only the top guilds are finishing up heroic modes yet you base your "proof" on that. they would not nerf it without justification. as i said in an earlier post our sp (the better one) rocketed past us after the patch with no change in gear. if you really are as good as you claim, then this "nerf" should just bring you in line with all the other top dps classes. if there's anyone that could complain when it comes to dps, its mages.

    PS. welcome to the internets where any idiot (see poster) can post anything they like whenever they like. providing "proof" is irrelative since i have the choice to disregard your claims on behalf of my own personal experience. chill out buddy ur wasting your time with your lengthy and inconclusive posts. although i must say I'm glad u did post so much. i was rather bored and i could not sleep. should'nt be a problem now. was just browsing other classes' forums to c if i could stir up some trouble. its fun, you should try it some time.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    They should be balancing around the best of the best. The easiest way to decide if they are the best of the best is by looking at those clearing the hardest content, aka heroics. Or do you believe they should balance around the worst?
    No they should not balance around the best or the worst, they should balance around the average, and average is not heroic content at the moment, average is normal raids which 98%+ of the playerbase is doing.
    Currently playing MMO's: Wildstar --- Played MMO's before: WoW, Tibia, Meridian59, ultima Online, EQ, Rift, Lotro, GW2, AOC, WHO, EQ2, SW:TOR, ESO
    Proud *n?x geek since 1998

  7. #47
    Spriests needed the nerf. We had an Spriest pulling consistently 34-36k DPS in our 25M. It was somewhere near 9k+ more damage than the second highest DPSer. Your damage output is simply insane and Blizzard wouldn't nerf the damage done if it wasn't necessary.

    But by all means keep complaining, and re-roll.
    Secure accounts ftw!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    "KING VARIAN, DEATHWING HAS DESTROYED HALF OF STORMWIND, WHAT DO WE DO!?"

    "Build a statue of your king."

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by joumasepoes View Post
    i play a lock. when I'm not playing a lock I'm playing with my wee wee. that's to say if my wife does not play with it. sometimes i play my lock with my wee wee. sometimes i even get on the forums and complain because the quality of my wee wee playing time is not to my liking as i would like it to play with itself and still provide me with satisfaction. i was ranked 3rd in wee wee lock playing by my mother who also was ranked 1st by me. but that does not matter because its , whats the word... "anecdotal"? hmm what else is sooo special about me, hmm. i have a nipple hair about 4 inches long, and i enjoy shaving stripes on my chest so it looks like my pecs are behind bars.

    I'm glad you did all those things. really i am proud of you. point is you are complaining about something that is justified. only the top guilds are finishing up heroic modes yet you base your "proof" on that. they would not nerf it without justification. as i said in an earlier post our sp (the better one) rocketed past us after the patch with no change in gear. if you really are as good as you claim, then this "nerf" should just bring you in line with all the other top dps classes. if there's anyone that could complain when it comes to dps, its mages.

    PS. welcome to the internets where any idiot (see poster) can post anything they like whenever they like. providing "proof" is irrelative since i have the choice to disregard your claims on behalf of my own personal experience. chill out buddy ur wasting your time with your lengthy and inconclusive posts. although i must say I'm glad u did post so much. i was rather bored and i could not sleep. should'nt be a problem now. was just browsing other classes' forums to c if i could stir up some trouble. its fun, you should try it some time.
    Once again, I refer to heroic content because that is where the best players generally are. If blizzard balanced their games around the average players it would be horribly balanced, as classes that were more difficult to play would be super imbalanced when played by an exceptional player. Case in point? Hunters in arena. Your average hunter isnt very good at arena, but an exceptional hunter is downright scary... but it is also extremely difficult to play that well, there is a large gap between the top and the average.

    Imagine if Starcraft 2 was balanced around the average gold player instead of the top players. The same thing applies here.

    Anyway, in regards to you admitting you are in fact trolling, I prefer to just make the trolls look foolish than try to troll. You made my job pretty easy tonight.

  9. #49
    Bloodsail Admiral kosuko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kirchroah (Netherlands)
    Posts
    1,087
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    they should also nerf destro locks bane of havoc, because those seem to be on the same dominant level on those type of fights.
    Bane of havoc isn't that powerfull cause of just multitargetting, but mostly cause of "cheating" mechanics.. like throwing it on inactive omnitrons.. elementals, exposed head(increased dmg taken) or halfus (also increased dmg taken) and for the last 2 it is ofcourse combined with AOE on adds.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by jibbyjackjoe View Post
    Oh. Don't worry. Blizzard will take DI away from us warlocks because of the balancing issues with it all. It's not like they can make warlocks unique in any way. This buff we bring is unique, therefore it will be gone soon. Then your class will be buffed up a bit to fix.

    Honestly though, blizzard hasn't a clue how to make a class. If everyone is the same, why not just have 3 classes: a tank a healer a dps. Well 4. We can have one ranged and one melée dps.
    No they won't. They will just keep nerfing Shadow Priests, that is what they do whenever Warlocks are the cause of the problem.

    ---------- Post added 2011-02-12 at 01:49 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Willelm View Post
    Spriests needed the nerf. We had an Spriest pulling consistently 34-36k DPS in our 25M. It was somewhere near 9k+ more damage than the second highest DPSer. Your damage output is simply insane and Blizzard wouldn't nerf the damage done if it wasn't necessary.

    But by all means keep complaining, and re-roll.
    Yes, it clearly makes sense to nerf Shadow Priest damage in general instead of nerfing Dark Intent, the cause of it. Please by all means keep showing you know absolutely nothing about the topic at hand and telling people to reroll.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2011-02-12 at 01:50 PM.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  11. #51
    http://stateofdps.com/

    Click the 2 week button and see the Spriest growth after 06, that was not supposed to happen. So they are making it go back down. Gees you had this for less then a week, you all knew it wasent going to last. So whats the big deal?

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by jonish View Post
    were supposed to destroy on those fights It is the entire design of our dps style to dominate those fights. We are supposed to crush on twin dragons and maloriak hard mode. Nerfing us so hard because we over dominate fights we are designed to dominate is moronic. Fix dark intent before you do something this drastic.

    No class is now meant to "destroy" other on any fight as you put it. be better but not by a huge margin, those days are long gone for better or worse hence all these "adjustments"..
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

  13. #53
    Keyboard Turner
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsparrow View Post
    Shadow Power (Shadow priest mastery) is being changed from 25% to 15% of Shadow damage.
    Okey, some misunderstanding here maybe?

    Shadow Power is a passive spell, not mastery! Mastery is still boosted.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Alta87 View Post
    http://stateofdps.com/

    Click the 2 week button and see the Spriest growth after 06, that was not supposed to happen. So they are making it go back down. Gees you had this for less then a week, you all knew it wasent going to last. So whats the big deal?
    No one is agianst the nerf. We are against the way it is done.

    Cutting overall damage is a lazy ass fix. We might be doing too much single target damage yes, but our AoE is by far the worst in the game for mass AoE phases in boss fights where we can't afford multidotting.

    Bliz spent a good time buffing and adjusting our AoE spell, then when they do this kind of overall nerf, all that balacing has gone invalid and our AoE is almost worse than it was before

    If single target is an issue, don't be lazy and go fix the required Dots or MB.

    Also most of the stupidly high DPS was done by people having Dark Intent.

    We now do in 359 gear 23k dps on a patchwerk. With Dark Intent it's 26k.
    Before nerf we did 25.5k dps on a patchwerk in 359 gear, with dark intent it was almost 30k.

    So a single buff from a single person should not affect a player's performance this much. I believe the real issue lies here.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Alta87 View Post
    http://stateofdps.com/

    Click the 2 week button and see the Spriest growth after 06, that was not supposed to happen. So they are making it go back down. Gees you had this for less then a week, you all knew it wasent going to last. So whats the big deal?
    I think most of us would have preferred if they had nerfed Dark Intent instead of leaving a massive chunk of our DPS in the hands of another class who may not even be in the raid.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  16. #56
    The Patient Straton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    271
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    If spriests were OP then why do hunters go untouched?
    What are you smokin? Survival was nerfed and the other two specs brought up because they were in the bottom 3 of worst dps specs of all classes.

  17. #57
    Pit Lord DiscoGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Behind the Pillar
    Posts
    2,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilariel View Post
    Yep, the sky is falling! Time to delete, reroll, and never look back. I mean, that's how it usually is, right?
    yep, all the ferals are rerolling huntards now. fotm ftw.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

    3DS FC: 0490-6077-6557
    Pokemon X/Y Dragon Type Friend Safari - Gabite/Noibat/Druddigon

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsparrow View Post
    Shadow Power (Shadow priest mastery) is being changed from 25% to 15% of Shadow damage.
    we have noticed, thank you

  19. #59
    the saddest thing ist: i had not even tested the unnerfed shadow priest, because i had to heal in our 10man-raid on wednesday

  20. #60
    I would say "It was nice while it lasted" but unfortunately our ten-man raid doesn't have a Warlock regularly raiding, so I don't get Dark Intent and so I am missing the buff that this nerf is supposed to "fix".
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •