Thread: BOOM, nerfed.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    If you did not consistently top the damage meters, you were just not playing your class right. The average shadow priest damage has no bearing here, since the only PVE level Blizzard really need to balance is the top end one, and in the top end PVE metagame, good shadow priests are/were doing a ridiculous amount of damage on any fight with more than one target (for perspective, try naming one fight with one target that isn't a complete pushover).

Only moonkins multidotting rivaled shadow priest DPS, and the moonkins are getting nerfed too.

Quote Originally Posted by Balloons View Post
    Aimed Shot IS getting a nerf. Read blues.
    Too bad the blue post says aimed shot is getting nerfed but they are going to be compensated in other ways to adjust for that nerf so that there is no DPS loss (it doesnt even guarantee a nerf, just that they are looking at nerfing it). They are potentially nerfing aimed shot because its burst is too high.

This also does nothing considering surv hunters do just as much DPS in raids.
    EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Davaeorn View Post
    If you did not consistently top the damage meters, you were just not playing your class right. The average shadow priest damage has no bearing here, since the only PVE level Blizzard really need to balance is the top end one, and in the top end PVE metagame, good shadow priests are/were doing a ridiculous amount of damage on any fight with more than one target (for perspective, try naming one fight with one target that isn't a complete pushover).

Only moonkins multidotting rivaled shadow priest DPS, and the moonkins are getting nerfed too.
    Except I did reference the absolute top end of cutting edge PvE where good shadow priests were not topping any fights at all. See my post here:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post10423452

Personally, I topped meters before the buff and after the buff, I will probably still top meters after the nerf. But, that does not justify the nerf.
    Last edited by TheRabidDeer; 2011-02-12 at 09:57 AM.

Dont say you did not see this coming. in our guild we have two sps. one a magnificent player and the other absolutely fukn terrible. i mean under the tanks terrible. we only brought him along to fill the raid. the village idiot if you please. then the patch came and he was doing more dmg than two very good mages over night. whereas his buddy sp (the better one) was always top 3 with me and a boomkin and suddenly after the patch he is miles ahead of everyone. in all fairness sp is probably the second hardest dps class to play properly but you are doing too much dmg. if you are a shitty player that's clipping dots before second last tick etc, dont complain. to the good sps, I'm pretty sure you noticed that your dps was waaaaaay higher. this is on par with dks complaining about their nerfs at the start of wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by joumasepoes View Post
    Dont say you did not see this coming. in our guild we have two sps. one a magnificent player and the other absolutely fukn terrible. i mean under the tanks terrible. we only brought him along to fill the raid. the village idiot if you please. then the patch came and he was doing more dmg than two very good mages over night. whereas his buddy sp (the better one) was always top 3 with me and a boomkin and suddenly after the patch he is miles ahead of everyone. in all fairness sp is probably the second hardest dps class to play properly but you are doing too much dmg. if you are a shitty player that's clipping dots before second last tick etc, dont complain. to the good sps, I'm pretty sure you noticed that your dps was waaaaaay higher. this is on par with dks complaining about their nerfs at the start of wrath.
    This would be on par with dks complaining, except for the fact that even if we are playing our class flawlessly we are still below other classes. This nerf is way too big for it to be reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Huh?

Survival hunters got a pretty big nerf in 4.06
    There were other buffs that boosted the class on a whole a bit, but yes I suppose they did get nerfed. Regardless, when we arent even #1 on any fight why should we get nerfed? In particular, why should we get a gigantic nerf when we are already not #1?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    There were other buffs that boosted the class on a whole a bit, but yes I suppose they did get nerfed. Regardless, when we arent even #1 on any fight why should we get nerfed? In particular, why should we get a gigantic nerf when we are already not #1?
    there always has to be a number 1. its unavoidable. places will chop and change as gearing/scaling/nerfs get applied. as you saw in my previous post there is a perfect scenario. there is no reason a piss poor player should be nr5 on dps all the way up from 18th. this shit does not happen. if you are not doing competitive dps you are doing it wrong. the good sp i was referring to in my post has been top 3 dps since we started raiding in cata. and believe me we have some exceptional dpsers.

TL;DR: stop qqing. you knew this was gonna happen.

aaaaaand surv hunters did get a nerf, ours all respecced to marks and are definately doing less dps. i feel bad for them.
    Last edited by joumasepoes; 2011-02-12 at 10:21 AM. Reason: add

The only thing that bothers me is that Mindsear is even crappier now....

Personally, I topped meters before the buff and after the buff, I will probably still top meters after the nerf. But, that does not justify the nerf.
    This would be on par with dks complaining, except for the fact that even if we are playing our class flawlessly we are still below other classes. This nerf is way too big for it to be reasonable.
    @_@ confused

there always has to be a number 1. its unavoidable. places will chop and change as gearing/scaling/nerfs get applied. as you saw in my previous post there is a perfect scenario. there is no reason a piss poor player should be nr5 on dps all the way up from 18th. this shit does not happen. if you are not doing competitive dps you are doing it wrong. the good sp i was referring to in my post has been top 3 dps since we started raiding in cata. and believe me we have some exceptional dpsers.

TL;DR: stop qqing. you knew this was gonna happen.

aaaaaand surv hunters did get a nerf, ours all respecced to marks and are definately doing less dps. i feel bad for them.
    Anecdotal evidence doesnt mean much unless you have something to reference it to. Going from 18th to 5th could happen for a lot of reasons. Maybe he finally got heroic gear, got near hit cap, or any number of other gear possibilities. Maybe he learned to play a bit. Maybe the difference between 18th and 5th was only a few hundred dps and the buffs put him over that hump to get him into the top 5. Was it for all fights or was it only for a few, or even one fight? Post a link to the WoL to back up your claims too.

PS: This nerf is literally 2000+ dps difference (potentially more on multi-target fights, and definitely more on gimmick fights like halfus). Look at your most recent WoL, and subtract 2k dps from the shadow priest and see where it puts him.

tl;dr this nerf is a kneejerk reaction from blizzard that has no thought put into it.
    @_@ confused
    Why are you confused? I tend to think I play exceptionally well (I usually get very close to the top 200 range on WoL for priests, if not place in the top 200, despite me having a bit less gear than many people on that list), if I am usually near the top 200 and other people dont play near that top 200 area then I should still be #1, or close to it.

EDIT: Also, to all people saying that priests deserved the nerf... where is your evidence of this? I have given evidence that shows that this 8% nerf puts us way way way down the lists in the top echelon of raiding in heroic raid content. In addition, I have shown that we are never #1 in this same heroic raid content. Which means that priests are never "way higher than other people" which also means that the nerf doesnt need to happen. Show evidence to the contrary, that is not anecdotal from your guild.
    Last edited by TheRabidDeer; 2011-02-12 at 10:51 AM.

wah?

/tenchars
    <start epic wow theme>
    A world of limitless adventure. We cast the lords of shadow and flame back into the abyss.
    <more epic wow theme>
    We held the line against the rising tide of death itself.
    <epic music peaks>
    We have endured the breaking of the world.Now we face the Destroyer and we will end him.
    <cue Bennny Hill music>Pandas! Pokemon!

let me put it this way. if you play good, you could top everyone except equally geared and good playing unholy dks and surv. hunters. 4.06 made us pew pew even more, so if you play good, there's no way you could be second or third. personally, i also topped meters around with equally geared people before 4.06, or at least was on top 3 with huntards and lol knights, and continued to do so in 4.06. so with this overall 8% nerf, my place will still be in top 3.

yeah, this nerf is totally uncalled for, since it's in fact because of DI. 3% passive haste and 9% dot damage? that's a real boost. so instead of nerfing the buff, say like 3% passive haste and 3-6% dot damage, they go ahead and nerf a whole spec.

most nerfs/buffs are due to blizzard trying to balance PvP, if people then do 4% less damage in raids who gives a fu*k then?, that's how they've done since Wotlk, so if you're class is underpowered in PvP, expect a buff, and vice versa if you're overpowered.

Deleted
    http://stateofdps.com/index.php?raid...s=200&spec=dps
    25 man heroic content, shadow priest ranks:
    BWD
    -----------
    3rd
    2nd
    2nd
    5th
    4th
    2nd

BoT
    -----------------
    7th
    3rd
    5th

Not a single fight are we #1 in (these are averages from RECENT logs from post patch too). Overall we are ranked "2nd", however with the nerf it looks to be a flat 8% decrease in damage. Which lowers us from "2nd" all the way down to 8th.

Potential post patch ranks (assuming it really is an 8% flat decrease in damage)
    BWD
    -----------
    7th
    5th
    11th
    12th
    9th
    2nd

BoT
    ------------
    14th
    6th
    8th

Yay for being back to middle of the pack again.
    The thing why they nerfed spriests and boomkins is multitarget fights, stateofdps does not reflect it so well but take a look at these:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...alion/10N/dps/

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...alion/25N/dps/

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...uncil/10N/dps/

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...uncil/25N/dps/

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...arian/10N/dps/

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...arian/25N/dps/

Boomkins and shadowpriests are completely dominant in any sort of multitarget fight atm, and by a big difference too. I do think that if they will nerf you for that, they should also nerf destro locks bane of havoc, because those seem to be on the same dominant level on those type of fights.
    Last edited by mmocd1f612b92e; 2011-02-12 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    The thing why they nerfed spriests and boomkins is multitarget fights, stateofdps does not reflect it so well but take a look at these:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...alion/10N/dps/

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...alion/25N/dps/

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...uncil/10N/dps/

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...uncil/25N/dps/

Boomkins and shadowpriests are completely dominant in any sort of multitarget fight atm, and by a big difference too. I do think that if they will nerf you for that, they should also nerf destro locks bane of havoc, because those seem to be on the same dominant level on those type of fights.
    Way to look at normal mode content instead of heroic content. And stateofdps does reflect it well considering it is the average dps of the top classes for each fight (it even uses the same dataset you are seeing when you look at the top 200 on worldoflogs.com).

therabiddeer you guys are not doing any heroic content yet so dnt compare ur experiences to that. you do not read properly and you completely missed the point of my last post. your guild on sr is terrible and topping the meters in that guild is no feat worth mentioning. all i see is qq "because i will not be OP" anymore. this nerf is to u guys as 2.3 was to locks. also i checked out the logs from ur guild for last week and i have to say im not impressed (although i could not find your character name anywhere. strange?) . im calling troll/bs on this one. another thing. in none of those logs is there a sp as top dmg so you saying that you top the meters is a false statement.

Deleted
    Yep because 95% of the playerbase is doing heroic content and blizzard totally balances around that, oh wait.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh. Don't worry. Blizzard will take DI away from us warlocks because of the balancing issues with it all. It's not like they can make warlocks unique in any way. This buff we bring is unique, therefore it will be gone soon. Then your class will be buffed up a bit to fix.

Honestly though, blizzard hasn't a clue how to make a class. If everyone is the same, why not just have 3 classes: a tank a healer a dps. Well 4. We can have one ranged and one melée dps.

therabiddeer you guys are not doing any heroic content yet so dnt compare ur experiences to that. you do not read properly and you completely missed the point of my last post. your guild on sr is terrible and topping the meters in that guild is no feat worth mentioning. all i see is qq "because i will not be OP" anymore. this nerf is to u guys as 2.3 was to locks. also i checked out the logs from ur guild for last week and i have to say im not impressed (although i could not find your character name anywhere. strange?) . im calling troll/bs on this one. another thing. in none of those logs is there a sp as top dmg so you saying that you top the meters is a false statement.
    I dont raid every week, or every day of every week. I work nights and it frequently interferes with my ability to raid. Here is one from two weeks ago though:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1...?s=3437&e=3790
    Halfus #1
    Valiona #1
    Magmaw #4 (i hate this fight)
    Omnotron #2 (lost to a guildie spriest that is pretty good too)
    Maloriak #3 (this was only my 3rd kill and only this week did I realize how I should be doing this fight when predotting)

At the time of that raid I was in slightly worse gear than I am now (didnt have volcanic deck, alchemy trinket or an epic chest)

Most of those were quite near the top 200 for shadow priests at that time too (for normal content).

I am also not using my guild as a reference because it is anecdotal evidence, and we are not doing heroic content. While this means my DPS doesnt matter as much since its not hardcore bleeding edge content, it still effects me (and worse, it effects those actually doing the heroic content).

On an aside, this is the 2nd time this week somebody has called into question my DPS claims. Why is this? Just because my gear or guild isnt the top in the world doesnt mean that I am not a good player... do I need to give a full history of my raid history to try and give merit to my claims?

PS: My guild isnt terrible, we raid 2-3 nights a week for maybe 3 hours. I think we do reasonably well considering this.
    Yep because 95% of the playerbase is doing heroic content and blizzard totally balances around that, oh wait.....
    They should be balancing around the best of the best. The easiest way to decide if they are the best of the best is by looking at those clearing the hardest content, aka heroics. Or do you believe they should balance around the worst?
    Last edited by TheRabidDeer; 2011-02-12 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jibbyjackjoe View Post
    Oh. Don't worry. Blizzard will take DI away from us warlocks because of the balancing issues with it all. It's not like they can make warlocks unique in any way. This buff we bring is unique, therefore it will be gone soon. Then your class will be buffed up a bit to fix.

Honestly though, blizzard hasn't a clue how to make a class. If everyone is the same, why not just have 3 classes: a tank a healer a dps. Well 4. We can have one ranged and one melée dps.
    to be completely honest, i wish they would take it away from us. I'm tired of getting badgered for this buff because all classes seem to think they are best suited to this buff. all i have to do when i want to go smoke during raid is say in vent the following: i have trouble deciding on which class to give my dark intent to. please explain to me why i should give it to you and provide hard facts. i then take off my headset, go outside and smoke and when i come back, 3 ppl have left the raid,2 are still arguing and i have a bout 7 /w me to defend their friends' point of view. its funny yet tiring.

@ therabiddeer. still not impressed. and for someone not raiding actively and spending most of your time on the forums i do not think your opinion is one that carries much weight. if anything you are only hurting your cause and also if you are really that upset about the nerf-batting, stop complaining on unofficial forums and take it to the official ones (even though I'm sure the sp qq contingent is pretty well represented there). OR rally all the sps and have a "SP pride parade" even though there's already one of those annually in montreal, or so I've heard.
    Last edited by joumasepoes; 2011-02-12 at 11:46 AM.

You can't pretend you didn't see this nerf coming. Any half decent spriest was destroying the damage meters. Ours was doing at least 25k dps on single target fights. Add a secondary target and see him skyrocket to 28k+ dps. As for dark intent: any warlock not knowing who to put this on is a complete and utter retard. DI goes on a spriest, period. If there's no spriest it goes on a resto druid. Etc, etc...

After this hotfix you'll still do competitive dps, don't worry.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side