Thread: BOOM, nerfed.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellar View Post
    did the patch even hit us severs yet?
    We were patched, yes. That's why all of these people are raging and blood vessels are bursting in their foreheads.

This seems like something Blizzard did not look at properly. How can you go and nerf 10% of a specs damage just like that... I mean aside from FURY dps in WOTLK lolz....

But ya that seems like a sad way to redesign a class.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyliss View Post
    We were patched, yes. That's why all of these people are raging and blood vessels are bursting in their foreheads.
    hmm well mine still says 25% increase and my boomkins is still the same. they just not update the icon or... my dps is the same on the dummy as 4 days ago.

Did everyone forget that SV got nerfed hard IN the patch. And MM will get theirs, never you fear.

You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I recall, didn't Blizzard say (before Cata's release) that they wanted to avoid the passive +% increases because a) it wasn't fun; and b) it was hard to balance around? Am I making this up?

---------- Post added 2011-02-14 at 03:17 PM ----------

hmm well mine still says 25% increase and my boomkins is still the same. they just not update the icon or... my dps is the same on the dummy as 4 days ago.
    They don't typically change tooltips for hotfixes, as I believe that requires a client-side patching. My understanding from the blue post is that the 25% --> 10% nerf was actually a hotfix and not a patch.

As for your DPS not changing, well, that's another issue that I can't address/explain.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyliss View Post
    If I recall, didn't Blizzard say (before Cata's release) that they wanted to avoid the passive +% increases because a) it wasn't fun; and b) it was hard to balance around? Am I making this up?

---------- Post added 2011-02-14 at 03:17 PM ----------

They don't typically change tooltips for hotfixes, as I believe that requires a client-side patching. My understanding from the blue post is that the 25% --> 10% nerf was actually a hotfix and not a patch.

As for your DPS not changing, well, that's another issue that I can't address/explain.
    my current internet connection does not allow any downloads to come though it (college campus), when i download anything i have to go off campus and connect to a different wifi. u think i could have just not downloaded the hotfix yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    my current internet connection does not allow any downloads to come though it (college campus), when i download anything i have to go off campus and connect to a different wifi. u think i could have just not downloaded the hotfix yet?
    The whole point of a hotfix is that you don't have to download anything, so it should be affecting you.

Yes the tooltip still says 25%, but that's because it was hotfixed, and not patced. The change is live.

As for u doing the same dps: Either u played shitty before the fix, or u play better after.

My dps on HC dummy after 5'000'000 dmg decreased from 14.7k to 13.5k
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

My dps in raids went from 20500 with DI.
    To 15-15500k w\o DI.

I vote fix DI. Stupid nerf. Our Mind Sear got more shitty aswell. Fix our utility allready!

We are not super singletarget.
    We are worthless on AoE.

Hunters haven't been nerfed yet because adjusting their damage isn't as clear cut. They're considering what they can do, aimed shot being looked at - only reason I can see them "comping' hunter is because they might not be satisfied with the other two specs, and want MM to at least have some "viability" past Aimed Shot since that's pretty much "in rotation" now.

Oh, and ... hate to break it, but SPriest damage DID go off the scales, and not just because of MB's adjustment. There's no way that alone pushed my priest's damage up as high as it did. Or maybe I just have luck and skill, and it's not like MB was critting all over. Unless there's some change I didn't catch, they did something to it. There's no way MB alone boosted us that hard.

Honestly, so far, I haven't seen my numbers drop into the "OMGBAD" range, and even if it was back to where I had been... I don't care. I'm playing because it's fun, and I bring stuff. I don't play 25 man stuff anyway, so it's a bit moot for me... but unless your lower places are also 5k+ DPS behind the "non-OP" classes... I don't see what's so wrong. Also, this doesn't account anything for such factors as skill, latency, or gear. All factors which easily skew placement in the DPS race. Lord knows lag makes landing dot timing hard as hell, and being put up against a better geared anything will make you look like crap. As for skill... *shrug* I've seen bad players complain about their DPS, but do it wrong and that's why, when their gear and internet are not the factors.

As long as I can out-DPS tanks, I don't care too much. And as long as my DPS isn't completely horrible despite all efforts, I'm okay with a mild nerf. As for "knee-jerk" reactions, you can probably thank PVP for that likely, when Spriests were just nuking anything that twitched, or dot n' run'd it. SOmehow I doubt that fast a change was based on PvE only. (Mostly based on the Fury nerf. Boomkin... ehhh, we know that was based on Starfall, and if they felt that did too much they can certainly readjust it.)

10+ Year Old Account
    "Shadowpriest aoe damage is to low, mainly due to mind sear being too weak" --> 15% buff --> everything nerfed by 8%

So where did our aoe dmg go?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syenite View Post
    "Shadowpriest aoe damage is to low, mainly due to mind sear being too weak" --> 15% buff --> everything nerfed by 8%

So where did our aoe dmg go?
    Slightly above what it was before... still too low.

Why is it the other classes get to reign the dps meter for months at a time and as shadow we get what 1 weekend to be at the top? Bah back to being mana and hp cannon -.-

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    If spriests were OP then why do hunters go untouched?
    What? Read up. Hunters are not going untouched.

Don't worry, that hotfix buff to mind sear is surely already on it's way. In 6 months or so.