Disc priest mouseover macro problem

ok so i was messing around with macros for my Disc Priest to minimize buttons on my action bar, this macro

#showtooltip
    /cast [harm]Smite; [target=mouseover,harm]Smite;[target=mouseover,help] Greater Heal; [help] Greater Heal; Greater Heal

will cast smite if my target is an enemy, smite if my mouseover is an enemy, Gheal if my target is friendly, GHeal if my mouseover is friendly, Gheal on my mouseover but i have a target, and if i dont have a target will cast Gheal on me. my question is, how can i make it to work so if i have i have a enemy target but i mouseover a party/raid member to cast Gheal
    thanks

Well, the macro tries to do things on the order you wrote, so if you wanted Greater Heal on your mouseover to take priority over doing damage to your target, the easiest way is making sure it comes first on the macro. Changing your macro, that would mean:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover,help] Greater Heal; [harm]Smite; [target=mouseover,harm]Smite;[help] Greater Heal; Greater Heal
    You could probably shorten that macro too, and check wether your target or mouseover is dead to make sure the macro doesn't fail due to that:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
     /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead]Greater Heal; [harm,nodead][@mouseover,harm,nodead]Smite; Greater Heal
    I didn't test it, but it should work.

Quote Originally Posted by perera View Post
    Well, the macro tries to do things on the order you wrote, so if you wanted Greater Heal on your mouseover to take priority over doing damage to your target, the easiest way is making sure it comes first on the macro. Changing your macro, that would mean:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover,help] Greater Heal; [harm]Smite; [target=mouseover,harm]Smite;[help] Greater Heal; Greater Heal
    You could probably shorten that macro too, and check wether your target or mouseover is dead to make sure the macro doesn't fail due to that:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
     /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead]Greater Heal; [harm,nodead][@mouseover,harm,nodead]Smite; Greater Heal
    I didn't test it, but it should work.
    first macro works the way i want it, the second one wont let me cast smite on a mouseover if i my target is friendly, thanks a bunch, i be using the first one

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The 2nd macro won't do what you want - because you want to prioritize the mouseover target over your normal target, for both smite AND GHeal, you have to put them before the ones that don't reference @mouseover - in other words, just use this compressed version of the first macro
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,help] Greater Heal; [@mouseover,harm][harm]Smite; [] Greater Heal
    Here's how this macro goes down:
    If @mouseover is Friendly, cast Greater Heal
    If @mouseover is Unfriendly, cast Smite
    If @mouseover doesn't exist and @target is Unfriendly, cast Smite
    If none of the 3 conditions above are met, cast Greater Heal following normal casting rules (ie honor the Self-Cast Button and normal targetting rules)

Explanation from Fitzcairn's Macro Explain-O-Matic
    Code:
    If the unit your mouse is currently over is a friend then:
      Cast Greater Heal on the unit your mouse is currently over 

Else, if the unit your mouse is currently over is an enemy then:
      Cast Smite on the unit your mouse is currently over 

Else, if the currently targeted unit is an enemy then:
      Cast Smite on the currently targeted unit 

Otherwise: 
      Cast Greater Heal on the currently targeted unit
    Last edited by Taryble; 2011-02-12 at 03:43 PM.