So as some of you may or may not be aware, in three days (Feb 14th) begins what I personally think as a very interesting test of technology. An artificial intelligence software, known as Watson, is going to be participating on Jeopardy. Yup, and its competitors are the man who won the most consecutive wins (Ken Jennings) and the man who earned the most money (Brad Rutter).

I don't care if you think Jeopardy is a show for old grannies in retirement homes, I'm really looking forward to watching this. I've always been interested in computers, robots, and artificial intelligence. Even if this machine doesn't win (it won its practice round), it's still competing against the best of the best that have been on the show (This isn't a live event, so I'm sure you could find the results out there if you looked hard enough).

I find it fascinating to see how far computers have come in a relatively short time period. Who knows, Watson may be the ancestor of our future robot overlords.

You can read more on the Wikipedia article here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watson_...ce_software%29