Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How can i make money/what should i do to start making gold?

well guys im 525 eng 525 mining 525 cooking i know spots to fish and farm some ore (a few stacks an hour last time i did)
    id be willing to just go and level new proffs if i was given solid reasons and ideas
    heres my armory if that helps
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nnansus/simple
    oh and i really just want enough money to buy crafted stuff for raids ie: flasks,mats, maybe boes and who knows maybe ill make the mechano hogg
    also i have about 250g right now
    once again THANKS!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Dailies, will add at least 250g per day.

^^ dailies are horrible grind.
    Any prize that's worth having usually requires a risk. No matter how big the risk don't ever think twice just do it!

With your professions? Fish or mine. However, if your realm is like most, the price is severely diluted.

Next best bet? Sell yourself. (This could apply to ANYTHING).

what do you mean sell yourself? lol its a bit late here sorry if it should be obvious

and like i said id be willing to level a new proff from 1-525 manualy if given good reason/evidence of goldmaking

Don't have an engineer so can't really say the best way to make money with them, but don't they have some item or enchant that increases the droprate of volatiles when mining? Basically just mine, you should be able to at least 10 stacks an hour if not more. Also do your dailyquests, 25 dailies a day should net you at least 500g, usually more because of mob drops and doesn't take more than ~45 minutes.
    In Hyjal and Tweilight Highlands there are Pools of Fire, if you're alone fishing them you can easily make ~100 (usually more) Volatiles in an hour, how much that's worth depends on your server, but I'm guessing 15-20g each Volatile.

Quote Originally Posted by Caelia View Post
    Don't have an engineer so can't really say the best way to make money with them, but don't they have some item or enchant that increases the droprate of volatiles when mining? Basically just mine, you should be able to at least 10 stacks an hour if not more. Also do your dailyquests, 25 dailies a day should net you at least 500g, usually more because of mob drops and doesn't take more than ~45 minutes.
    In Hyjal and Tweilight Highlands there are Pools of Fire, if you're alone fishing them you can easily make ~100 (usually more) Volatiles in an hour, how much that's worth depends on your server, but I'm guessing 15-20g each Volatile.
    This seems pretty useful but where should i mine? and ive been thinking of dropping eng because while fun its utterly useless due to malfunctions

Quote Originally Posted by nannerpuss View Post
    This seems pretty useful but where should i mine? and ive been thinking of dropping eng because while fun its utterly useless due to malfunctions
    Where to mine depends on how inundated your server is with mining bots. Usually I can get a pretty good amount of ore in Deepholm. Twilight Highlands and Uldum have high numbers of deposits, but on my server these are very high-traffic areas for miners.

(You're right, engineering's malfunctions are pretty frustrating at the moment. )

Well I haven't really farmed ores for a while since I use other methods of gaining gold, but when I did I just did laps in Deepholm, the map there is literally cluttered with potential spawn locations for Obsidium and Elementium.

Edit: if you're after Pyrite though it's Twilight Highlands or Uldum.
    Edit2: As for the dailyquests I mentioned, you don't really have to do all of them, but if you're out farming ores in Deepholm you might as well do those They are quick to do, give some gold and put you in a pretty dense Vein area while also giving Therazane rep for the shoulder enchants if you don't already have it (didn't check your profile)
    Last edited by Caelia; 2011-02-12 at 08:23 AM.

well obsidium is worth about 8g a bar on my server so i would assume 4g an ore? so should i just prospect my obsidium through a guildy and sell gems because in my experience gems can be pretty volatile (no pun intended) also the eng item you talked about is airs only

I used to be in the same boat as you. This was back in BC, but I was always jealous of my friends who had epic flying mounts and ran around flying all fast bein so cool and makin fun of me for not having the gold. I didn't have an epic flyer, so gathering professions weren't so great. I looked and I looked, and I found a little niche spot to farm mobs for drops. I gave it a go.. it was oh so slow going.. but after an hour I figured out how much money I had made. I then figured out how long it would take to get the 5000g for epic flyer @ that rate. It was about a whole weekend. So.. I sat down and farmed for a weekend. I got my epic flyer in 2 days.. when before I had never been able to hold on to more than 200g or so. Then I started farming at a more reasonable rate with epic flyer and a gathering profession over the next month or so. I didn't go out and blow all my gold.. however, now I had gold to invest in things on the AH. Since then, I haven't farmed much of anything (sometimes I think it's fun to go out and herb / mine. That's about once every 6 months lol). I'm not rolling in gold, and I don't have all the ridiculous expensive mounts.. but I also don't waste time farming, and I always have gold to get what I need (~20k just sitting around while I keep everything I need for raiding on 2 characters fully stocked, more if I want to get around to selling things). But once you have gold, it's so much easier to make more. I didn't want to blow 20k to get a volcano deck.. but I decided I needed it and was willing to spend most of my gold to get it. To make up for it I sold some things lying around and found some nice deals on the AH to resell, and I'm back to where I started. It's easy to profit off the AH (with minimal time spent) if you have gold to do it with.

You have mining, and you have fishing. Either one will work fine. Personally, I would suggest mining + herbalism on epic flyer... and just spend a full weekend doing it. Ya.. it gets tedious doing it that long. But would you rather sit around with 200g all the time saying "man I wish I had gold.." every time you log on, think about farming.. maybe do it for 30 minutes before getting bored because you've been farming 30 minutes a day every single day getting absolutely nowhere at it... or would you like to log on and not have to worry about gold? For me, that was easy. I would much rather spend 1 weekend 3 years ago getting that gold than barely scraping by, being forced to do dailies every day just so I could pay for the repairs / flasks that night.

It is so easy to gain gold these days. Even with cooking, I buy the cheap croc meat people gather from tol barad dailies turn it into str food and put that at double pric on the ah, no undercutting (the cheap stuff will sell then yours)
    I do dailies, tol barad dailies are a good gold and quickly done ... takes like 10-13 min per island for 150g ... if you get some greens there enchant some vellums witht he gained regs and put them on ah (not cheap) and you gain another good 150g ... add cooking daily/fishing daily.
    if you are for killing / soloing old stuff ... I had 6400g looted last week, mc/za/kz each of them gives a good bunch of gold and bosses are super easy killed. Just think abotu zul aman takes 35 min ... 550g looted + 22 hex sticks that can turn into a recipe you can sell for 1k and if you are lucky to get a vanilla/rare tbc recipe for 15k-20k x twice a week
    Instead of idling in Stormwind/Org ... you can as much idle in SMV or HEllfire and be there wehn doomie/Kazzak are about to spawn ... 500g looted + 2 boe epics which sell for a good 600-800g, twice a week ... 0 effort big profit.
    Many classes can solo Magtheridon ... it is not that hard ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwREdIHjPJM 500-550g + some epics/gems to vendor ...
    Same goes for The Lurker Below, Leotheras the Blind, Al'ar, Solarian, Supremus, Shade of Akama ... that is a good 250g + 3 epics per mob ...

If you are too lazy for that, buy and resell stuff at the auction house ... I am doing that mainly ... make an alt on the other faction spend 2 hours getting some flight points and get teh faction specific recipes ... I sell them for 80g each on the other factions ah ... its really super super easy ... 0 effort once you have all the flight points, etc ....
    I buy enchanting mats and resell them expensive ... sure there are cheaper mats on the ah ... but mine sell either way, maybe not that often but if they sell I make a good 400-600% profit ... for absolute 0 effort ....

Try to find the way that works best for you.

http://www.myrddin.de/2010/10/15/tot...010-1-400-000/

HF!

Myrddin,Stormforged, EU-Ravencrest
    Website: mmo-game.eu,YouTube: myrddinde, Twitter: @MyrddinDE

15+ Year Old Account
    been soloing / dualboxing old bosses for a while now :P always nice n' easy gold.

"Friends don't let friends be gnomes."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grindfreak View Post
    been soloing / dualboxing old bosses for a while now :P always nice n' easy gold.
    This. I don't know if it works as a warrior, bur Magtheridon is easily soloable as a protection paladin. 550g in about 25 minutes including trash.
    The fight is kinda nasty though, you have to keep running around so the adds don't hit your shield too much. I lose about 60% shield durability during the fight. (So maybe take a second one)

Deleted
    I used to make lots of money on my server by mining in Twilight Highlands, making around 150-200 elementium ore in an hour. I was logging on early in the morning though to have some privacy.
    Engineering doesn't make money unless your server is stacked with hunters that don't raid or do heroic much. Then you can sell the gun and the bow even though they require chaos orbs...
    Off-topic: There are basically 2 reasons to keep engineering for a while. One is your goggles, second is the glove tinker (Synapose Springs) for bonus favorite stat for 10 secs...

well guys i think i may go mining and herbing because my guildies can benefit from em and theyre both decent tank proffs+make gold also any idea where i can get a new tank helm XD

Quote Originally Posted by nannerpuss View Post
    well guys i think i may go mining and herbing because my guildies can benefit from em and theyre both decent tank proffs+make gold also any idea where i can get a new tank helm XD
    You already have engineering, your goggles say hello

Quote Originally Posted by Sonurus View Post
    You already have engineering, your goggles say hello
    im gonna drop it if i get a helm before my guild starts its 2nd raid group were taking it slow just got 3/12 yesterday

I hate farming, but when I'm pvping on my warrior, thanks to the awful BG queues for horde now that all the alliance bads have faction xferred to us, I have to kill time somehow... so I run laps around Nagrand. Adamantite ore / bars sell for about as much as obsidium or elementium, but the occasional khorium sells for 50+ / ore, 100+ / bar.

Deleted
    You can make a good profit with any profession but it makes it easier if you have gathering professions that match crafting professions. Mining + Blacksmithing or Jewel Crafting, Herbing + Alchemy or Inscription, Skinning + Leather working that way getting mats costs you nothing but time. I am lucky enough to have all professions at max and I put about 30hrs this week into making gold and I made 40k this weekend and have 120k worth of auctions still running. The prefession that seems the toughest though is Engineering I only levelled on an alt to make the chopper its not easy to make profit with it. My advice would be to drop eng or have jc + blacksmithing on an alt to do something with your ores.