Blizz wants us to take mind sear off of our bars

Nuff said.

That's the only explanation for the 8% nerf (from the shadow power passive) to it after the 15% buff to make it a viable aoe.

I guess it's back to either multi-dotting or my favorite, the good ole holy nova spam.

Maybe they can hotfix a buff to mind sear like they hotfixed the unintended nerf to it.

Yepp, the fact that they did increase the damage in 4.06 is a sign that it was bad, now it will be worse than prepatch, I see no reason to ever touch it again.

Deleted
    I can be mistaken, for I didn't play like after the nerf. But aren't you naysaying this situation a little bit too much?

There I can only speak for myself, but from what I experienced in the last couple days, Mind Sear does it's job completely, meaning you have a rather decent damage output on bigger low-life trash groups thanks to the small buff and especially thanks to the change of mechanic (being castable on friendly targets is a big win for the spell). Now nerf that by 8% - is it all bad suddenly?

By the way: Yes, multi-dot, multi-dot a lot! Because that's what we do, you know. Mind Sear was never intended to replace multi-dotting, it is intended to work in situations where your dots barely tic once. And this, I'd like to affirm to you even in lack of reliable experience from since after the nerf, is still achieved throughout the spells facility.

Mind Sear doesn't bother me, I don't get how it bothers you too. Sure you can't Mind Sear anymore for Aoe, but guess what? Your dots are weak too.

Deleted
    mind sear feels broken, i cast it on friendly target it channels 1 tick & it falls off ....

The fact that it can be cast on friendy targets are nice, but it still won't help for fights like Cho'Gall were AoE is the needed the most.
    I might be a slightly better spell for Maloriak tho, but I've never experienced any problem with hitting the adds there anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a lot more likely that Blizz did a panic response to a situation without thinking it through, or much at all.

If Blizz wants you to remove Mind Sear from your bars, they'll do it for you. Stop being dramatic.

It's nice to think that Spriest will suck even more in aoe fights like Magmaw...

bring Devouring plague pestilence back. maybe on a 45 second cooldown. make it happen blizz >.>

i think they're just going away from channeled aoe. every saw your mage blizzard on magmaw? hurricane or rain of fire? it's usually howling blast, the 100 ways fire mages have to do aoe without every casting, starfall (maybe Wild mushroom?), hellfire/immolation, spreadable serpent sting.

if mages can basically 'pestilence' ignite/combustion and every other fire dot, we should be able to do it with SW:P or DP. maybe tie into another ability or a new ability with a cooldown so we don't always have 3 dots rolling on actual boss targets.

10+ Year Old Account
    but you can do this with mind sear! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PFWbB9YzU4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lufia View Post
    It's nice to think that Spriest will suck even more in aoe fights like Magmaw...
    Actually we'll suck about 5%-7% less on AOE. Buff was for 15%, total damage reduction from shadow power was about 8% overall. It's still bad though.

Just being able to sear off friendly targets is a god send in its own right. Though even after the 8% nerf, I'm still able to solo Corborous crystals which ease where I couldn't pre patch. Wouldn't think a small increase would provide as much benefit as it does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Jeer View Post
    but you can do this with mind sear! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PFWbB9YzU4
    This^ Saw it in a post earlier, who cares about the damage when you can do that? :3

Deleted

Mind Sear not doing its job ?

Mind sear not doing its job ?

I didnt see that last night on Cho'Gal adds where my Mind Sear did 2.000+ damage on each single target which is a buff up from the 700 damage on each ...
    So Mind Sear being a bad spell I find very wrong compared to how it was last prepatch ...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by polysics View Post
    every saw your mage blizzard on magmaw? hurricane or rain of fire? it's usually howling blast, the 100 ways fire mages have to do aoe without every casting

if mages can basically 'pestilence' ignite/combustion and every other fire dot, we should be able to do it with SW:P or DP. maybe tie into another ability or a new ability with a cooldown so we don't always have 3 dots rolling on actual boss targets.
    Blast Wave (15 sec. cooldown), Living Bomb on a 3 target limit, Dragon's Breath (20 sec. cooldown, 17 glyphed. Frontal cone), Flamestrike (No cooldown, spammable, costs quite a bit of mana) 100 ways, right?

Seeing as you're talking about Magmaw:
    Sure, we can spread the ignite dot around with impact, but that would be pretty useless when all the parasites on magmaw already have ignite, because of blast wave/flamestrike. The parasites will most likely die before the living bombs explode. Combustion won't exactly do alot of damage, unless you single-target one of the parasites first and get a decent crit -before- it dies.
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

Screw the adds on Magmaw.

I stand in Melee and stay on the boss. I let our Lock/Hunter/Mage take care of the adds. (Granted we're not doing hard modes at all, I'm sure that it might be needed for on hard mode fights?)

I don't DPS the malorek adds either. Come to think about it. I don't mop up adds at all in any fight other than the bigger mobs during cho'gall. (We haven't tried nef yet, super casual guild here)

Well, MS is not nerfed by 7%. Is still buffed by 15%, but lost a portion due to the passive nerf.

So it will perform, forcefully i might say, better then it was pre patch, even if it's still too low.

I think once the fix for the hunter will be ready, a little adjustement on MS will be there aswell. At least, i hope so.

Mind sear should be used for fast aoe on many targets. If there are few adds with high health, multi dot, if there are few adds that dies fast, mind spike, if there are many adds that die slowly, roll mage, if there are many adds that die fast, mind sear. Mix the techniques up and you'll see that shadow priest AoE isn't that bad.