Thread: Holy leveling?

Deleted

Holy leveling?

Hello there folks, so I am leveling this gnome priest. However, I find leveling quite boring honestly. I know, impossible with the new content but it kind of is. I just can't come up with a spec I like. I never liked warlocks, thus why I don't play shadow, and disc feels too Smite spamming. However, I want to ask if holy is fun to level with? Chastise seems to be an interesting ability, but I'm afraid it will just be smite spam as well.

I have respecced a lot to find a good talent but now it's starting to get quite expensive to respec for my level - since I rerolled on another server - so I'm asking you guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy will pretty much be Smite spam, unless they have changed a lot since I leveled. Chastice should help a bit, but most of the time your rotation will be something like: Holy Fire- Smite until the Holy Fire dot is gone- Chastice- Smite. Mindspike and Chakra improve the situation, but I'd really advice either leveling trough instances, or going Shadow.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Deleted
    Discipline talents then? Tier 4 seems promising enough.

I lvled disc until cata content. Then was pretty much forced to go shadow. You can still do a lot of living through the dungeon and bg finder as holy though. Maybe look into that?

Yeah, Disc is pretty much Smite/Penance/Holy Fire spam, same with Holy, while Shadow gets a bunch of spells at lower levels, as well as Shadowform.

Just get Shadow as offspec when you get dual-spec at level 30. Though once you get into Cata content, leveling as Shadow is pretty much mandatory unless you want to kill mobs really slowly and only one at a time.
    Last edited by Vook; 2011-02-12 at 05:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Yeah, Disc is pretty much Smite/Penance/Holy Fire spam, same with Holy, while Shadow gets a bunch of spells at lower levels, as well as Shadowform.

Just get Shadow as offspec when you get dual-spec at level 30. Though once you get into Cata content, leveling as Shadow is pretty much mandatory unless you want to kill mobs really slowly and only one at a time.
    Pretty much this. I tried one quest in Deepholm as Holy, took me ages and had to heal me up and drink every other mob.
    Anyway, if you want to go as a healing spec as soon as level 10, do it, but make sure you get a shadow off-spec at level 30.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Heck, you don't even NEED to be Holy/Disc to heal dungeons until about WOTLK content. I remember back in BC, I shadow healed everything up to the 68+ dungeons. The healing requirements are just so small in the lower level dungeons that healing in shadow spec isn't going to hurt you that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

15+ Year Old Account
    I really wouldn't recommend healing as shadow, it's annoying for the group.
    Your heals are weaker and you have no in-combat regen, it used to be doable because of the 5sr, which is gone now.
    With that said, if you want to level as holy or disc, do it through the dungeon finder, it's quite fun.

I agree with the leveling through dungeons as holy. I'm gaining a level every 1-2 runs as it is, currently the lowbie is lvl 41. it's pretty fast leveling.