1. #1

    Casting AOTD during lust phase

    Is it considered normal to hold army until the raid lusts during every fight? I recently was only holding aotd for dream phase in xavius but have been noticing that dks hold army until lust phase in the top dk logs. Anybody know about this?

  2. #2
    If you summon your army of the undead in the dream it comes off cooldown when you leave the dream I'm 90% sure, in which case if it does come off cooldown you will have it for lust again

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by oDazzert View Post
    If you summon your army of the undead in the dream it comes off cooldown when you leave the dream I'm 90% sure, in which case if it does come off cooldown you will have it for lust again
    I don't think it does. I'm pretty sure my army didn't reset the last time my dream expired and army was on CD. I never tried it again after that though so it might have been an oversight from my end.

  4. #4
    it does indeed reset and i always cast it as soon as the adds spawn during dream

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    I don't think it does. I'm pretty sure my army didn't reset the last time my dream expired and army was on CD. I never tried it again after that though so it might have been an oversight from my end.
    You have to cast army after you're in the dream. Else it would just stay on cooldown.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ScreddyLoix View Post
    You have to cast army after you're in the dream. Else it would just stay on cooldown.
    I see! Thanks, I'll try that out next time. Can't believe I've been losing out on an extra army for so long.

  7. #7
    Stood in the Fire Cerunnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    401
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    I see! Thanks, I'll try that out next time. Can't believe I've been losing out on an extra army for so long.
    Gonna try this aswell on this weeks Xavius I always used to pre-pop army. I will wait untill I go in the dream this time.
    Cerunnir - Frost/Blood Death Knight

  8. #8
    You can pre-pop army, then when you come out of dream you'll get it refreshed anyway. Leaving the dream is what resets your cooldowns, not just 'the cooldowns you used while in dream'. And most groups lust in P3 when most people are out of the dream anyway.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaeron View Post
    You can pre-pop army, then when you come out of dream you'll get it refreshed anyway. Leaving the dream is what resets your cooldowns, not just 'the cooldowns you used while in dream'. And most groups lust in P3 when most people are out of the dream anyway.
    Dream doesn't reset cooldowns that weren't used while you were dreaming.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaeron View Post
    You can pre-pop army, then when you come out of dream you'll get it refreshed anyway. Leaving the dream is what resets your cooldowns, not just 'the cooldowns you used while in dream'. And most groups lust in P3 when most people are out of the dream anyway.
    Nope, doesn't work like that. Need to pop aotd after you're dreaming or else it will stay on cd if you pop it prepull.

  11. #11
    It resets ERW and Sindragosa's Fury just fine. That's wierd.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by 0verdose View Post
    Is it considered normal to hold army until the raid lusts during every fight? I recently was only holding aotd for dream phase in xavius but have been noticing that dks hold army until lust phase in the top dk logs. Anybody know about this?
    I usually use it when there is 4sec left on pull timer on every boss except Xavius. On xavius you should hold on till ur in the first dream state, if you are not its not really worth saving it for the 2nd imo. Then just pop SR with 8 stacks off FW and apocolypse then use that extra 21% haste for your army to buff its dmg output.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •