Blood DK for G’Huun

Ok, so this is general question when it comes to blood DK on tanking G’huun. Recently, I was tanking G’huun on my DH and the other tank was a Blood DK. First pull in, I tanked G’huun first and got the explosive corruption debuff, so being a DH I leap out and drop it. Our Blood DK is tanking G’huun, gets the debuff and just stand there with it. Of course we wipe on this pull and when the RL questions why he didn’t move with it, he responds about not having the mobility to move out with it. We attempted this three other times with the same result. Not once did this DK use his wraithwalk, lock gate, or death’s advance. It took for me to taunt boss, get debuff, leap out and drop it, run back taunt boss, rinse and repeat for the entire fight.

So now for the question, is this blood DK just lazy or are they really that hampered by movement? I personally feel like he is just being lazy and not using his tools available and it is time to just cut our losses as there are other issues also like wrong talent choices etc. but in this particular instance, I am at a loss and looking for input into his mobility or “lack” there of.

Considering that you don't even need a movement enhancing ability to move away far enough that the orbs won't hit anyone else he is definitely being lazy.

I am by no means a mythic raider nor do I play a dK so take that with a grain of salt but it seems the tools are there for him to use but he refuses to use them. I would probably bench him for another tank that will at least try.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Hello there, blood dk here.

Got HC G'Huun down several times, some starter M bosses down as well.

Usually I am too lazy to spec into wraith walk, so my movent buffs toolkit consists only of death's advance.

For me on heroic it's completely fine NOT to use any movement CD's to run away with exp. corruption debuff. I got several seconds (4 or 5?) to run away with debuff, considering my co tank taunts it as soon as I got the debuff. Death's advance is used for fuck up's.

Boss is tanked slightly off the center, aiming towards edge of the room, so even snail dk can get to the edge. We stack on the debuff clearing ability, tank who gets debuff during this ability runs away ofc.

I don't see any reason apart being lazy to not move away from boss on heroic and lower. This may change on mythic, haven't checked tactics yet.

TLDR; I think your dk is lazy, if it's heroic and lower (mythic probably too..).

Thanks for the reply. This is what I was looking for that it isn’t needed. I know I am not slow on taunts myself especially in the current setup of my taking every corruption debuff, I cannot be. With this being reset week we are going to try it like normal and if he can’t hack it then it’s time to be sat.

Deleted
    Lazyness etc. aside, one variation for that phase2 is as follows: one, slightly more mobile tank takes ALL corruptions with well timed taunts and does the required jumping-running-rolling, the other tank is more or less stationary with the add. Since the whole phase is roughly 1.5mins, that's only 6 explosive debuffs in total, then comes the Big Yellow Nuke and phase3. It seems you were doing exactly this, and from a healing perspective, it can even be beneficial.
    Last edited by mmocba6cabe518; 2018-10-16 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyena View Post
    Lazyness etc. aside, one variation for that phase2 is as follows: one, slightly more mobile tank takes ALL corruptions with well timed taunts and does the required jumping-running-rolling, the other tank is more or less stationary with the add. Since the whole phase is roughly 1.5mins, that's only 6 explosive debuffs in total, then comes the Big Yellow Nuke and phase3. It seems you were doing exactly this, and from a healing perspective, it can even be beneficial.
    It's the strat we use also in heroic in my guild. I think it's way easier to manage those corruptions when only one tank manage them. When Ghuun go out in p2, the tank who will not manage corruptions put the boss in the center of the room, when it's done the second tank taunt immediatly and then the rotation is rolling. The tank who manage corruptions will just have to taunt few seconds after he came back and you can repeat this until p3.

When you do this strat, it's means also that the tank who isn't moving have to tank the add, like this the add will not move at all and so the melee DPS can nuke him faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Poquito View Post
    It's the strat we use also in heroic in my guild. I think it's way easier to manage those corruptions when only one tank manage them. When Ghuun go out in p2, the tank who will not manage corruptions put the boss in the center of the room, when it's done the second tank taunt immediatly and then the rotation is rolling. The tank who manage corruptions will just have to taunt few seconds after he came back and you can repeat this until p3.

When you do this strat, it's means also that the tank who isn't moving have to tank the add, like this the add will not move at all and so the melee DPS can nuke him faster.
    Yeah, it's easier your way, but not necessary on HC and lower. We don't kill the adds (2) at all, immediately after 2nd add we pop the light, so it clears the adds and we get boss <20% and finish him.

I alternate between Death's Advance and my Worgen speed boost but depending on where you're tanking him, he may not even need those. I often pop AMS and drop it on an existing spot just to reduce spread size. Granted this is on heroic, I haven't seen mythic yet.

DK are the strongest tanks atm IMO

Quote Originally Posted by deynao View Post
    DK are the strongest tanks atm IMO
    in m+,not in raids,where they are just good

To the OP,this DK sucked ass,given you're often at the opposite of the raid,you have plenty of room to drop it,also just normal running is enough,but he has both death's advance and wraith walk to run out as well.
    He was just being a parse whore,and you should get rid of him for that reason

Why would you want your least mobile tank to do the mobile job though, that makes no sense. A DH will loose a lot less globals on the boss by doing this job, and for the phase where your tanks get the debuff there is actually a perfect tank swap pattern by letting 1 tank take that debuff and drop it out. This also allows, for your DK tank in this case, the add tank to tank it the whole time and keep it stacked permanently with the boss which kills both the add and the boss faster.

For this boss you want 1 tank to tank the add and half the time the boss, and 1 tank to drop the debuff and tank the boss the other half of the time.

Sure you can have your dk tank doing the running out job, and sure he will be ok doing it. But why, you gain absolutely nothing from it and just hamper your raid. From your particular case, yes your dk handled that poorly but from the 2nd pull onwards you were doing the optimal tactic for this boss.

If your other tank has better mobility have that tank swap right before corruption goes off and have the DK Taunt back.

I tank with a BR Monk, he taunts at 4 Stacks on G'Huuns stacking buff, gets the corruption debuff.

I taunt back, rinse and repeat.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I play a guardian druid. We have arguably worse mobility than blood death knights. Even so, I use this amazing strategy when I get the debuff fighting G'Huun: I run.

10+ Year Old Account
    you dont need any mobility tools to run out in time for that debuff. Replace your tank

10+ Year Old Account
    if you tank him near his hole it takes you like 5meter to walk to wall to drop your debuff, that guy is just lazy
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Restodruid1124 View Post
    Ok, so this is general question when it comes to blood DK on tanking G’huun. Recently, I was tanking G’huun on my DH and the other tank was a Blood DK. First pull in, I tanked G’huun first and got the explosive corruption debuff, so being a DH I leap out and drop it. Our Blood DK is tanking G’huun, gets the debuff and just stand there with it. Of course we wipe on this pull and when the RL questions why he didn’t move with it, he responds about not having the mobility to move out with it. We attempted this three other times with the same result. Not once did this DK use his wraithwalk, lock gate, or death’s advance. It took for me to taunt boss, get debuff, leap out and drop it, run back taunt boss, rinse and repeat for the entire fight.

So now for the question, is this blood DK just lazy or are they really that hampered by movement? I personally feel like he is just being lazy and not using his tools available and it is time to just cut our losses as there are other issues also like wrong talent choices etc. but in this particular instance, I am at a loss and looking for input into his mobility or “lack” there of.
    That's just laziness af. Like could probably rp walk and still make it out or just have the boss closer to the wall but either ways he's got two movements to get out of there and then he can just normal run and still make it a good ways out. Find yourself another tank.

I tank with a Monk and this is how we do it. It works out pretty well. It gets a bit boring since he has so much more to do, but he doesn't seem to mind.

This, when I tank with the guild on Normal or Heroic we have a Monk tank. He gets the debuff and flies off to drop it and I pickup boss. When he comes back he taunts to get the next debuff. I just need to pickup the add when it spawns.