Wait Whut!? Shadow nerfs!?

Howdy fella's! Jack here for another question about the recent nerfs. I am not complaining, because yestarday I solo'd a paladin and a DK with their bubbles and anti magics with only my dots, MB and our new and improved hefty sheild! (Much needed IMO).

My ask is, can you tell me what this 10% rubbish is about? Is it 10% off of all of our spells? Or is it attaining to the damage of ORBS, because the blue post said different to what was posted originall if you scroll down a wee bit.

To be frank, should we be crying? What does this mean? Back to middle table or how we started cataclysm low with a minimal improvement.
    Priests were made to heal originally, and I feel they are just kicking us more to heal, and to be honest at the moment, it is rather entising.
    Please explain all of this to me, because all of this QQ from other players if over something we should have had to start cataclysm with!
    A better shield to at least help survivability and healing (the main aspect of disk IMO) and improved MB so I do not need to spam mind spike.

Thank you for reading! I hope you can give me some answers guys All the best!

It is a nerf to your passive 25% shadow damage buff you receive for speccing shadow. People have worked it out to result in roughly an 8% dps nerf (due to certain things not being affected by it, such as shadowfiend) in PvE... Which although quite a sizeable nerf, was probably needed given that we're considered a hybrid class and as such should not be at the top of the damage charts.

So to answer your original question, yes, the nerf is to all of your shadow spells.

Deleted
    and now the useless mind sear is even more useless that before, i really hope somebody from blizz reads this cos i would really like to know what goes through the heads of the ppl that design the class abilities, how hard can it fkn be to make a spell that is total fail into something that is usefull, and why, instead of nerfing what was op have you just said fk it we will just nerf everything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mainman View Post
    and now the useless mind sear is even more useless that before, i really hope somebody from blizz reads this cos i would really like to know what goes through the heads of the ppl that design the class abilities, how hard can it fkn be to make a spell that is total fail into something that is usefull, and why, instead of nerfing what was op have you just said fk it we will just nerf everything
    If you really, really want Blizz to read this, post over there. Seriously.

I've not done much in the way of thinking about the intensive maths related to this but, with the last patch we just saw:
    # Mind Blast now does 18% more damage than Mind Spike.
    # Mind Control now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.
    # Mind Sear can now be channeled on friendly targets in addition to enemy targets. In addition, Mind Sear's damage has been increased by roughly 15%.
    and
    # Shadow Orbs benefit from mastery has been increased by approximately 16%.
    With these changes in mind we can say that shadow received some buff with 4.0.6. So it would be interesting to see some napkin math on how much an 8% reduction after these buffs took us from where we were a few weeks ago. I cant really say how 18% more damage than Mind Spike is related to Mind Blasts prior damage either. Anyone have any thoughts?
    Last edited by dingonix; 2011-02-12 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Forgot mastery information!

You do know there is already 2 or 3 other threads relating to this nerf topic right? and that is not including the sticky at the top.

Basically any spell you do that involves dealing shadow damage, whether direct or periodic, is further boosted by 25% (to a total of 125%) due to a passive mastery talent. The nerf, which is already on live servers, simply reduces that percentage down to 15% (to a total of 115%). So, to answer your question, it is [(125 - 115)/125]x100% off all your shadow offensive spells, ie. 8% nerf.
    And no, you should not be crying, why cry over a game?