Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    No but seriously, without religion and greed, the world would be a happier place.[/QUOTE]

For real the greed i can agree with . As for the religion part it's what most of our world has lost or in most cases of people have never been a part of. Many of you judge religious beliefs as bad with out knowledge of said beliefs .

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M_10 View Post
    True, you can't eliminate the bad without eliminating the good. Is that a price you would be willing to pay?
    Nope, I would not pay that price because I think this is how the world is supposed to be, emotions are apart of everyone throughout history, they are also apart of the lives of billions of other animals.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I read the thread title and thought "Frost nova"
    Herring seeks your life!

Was the Holocaust not evil? Was exterminating over 6 million people based solely on their beliefs not evil?
    If you think so... Things like this happen all the time, WWII was just politicized. Shoved in an oven, join the rest of the forgotten dead. There are far more subtle ways to kill a person, even before the body is dead. Destroy their sense of self determination and worth.

the root of evil: Girls. Why ? here's why.

Girls = Time x Money
    And we all know time is Money... therefor
    Girls = Money x Money
    And beacuse money is the root of evil...
    Girls = √Evil x √Evil

Girls = Evil
    "Remember to take ALL things in moderation.. Even World of Warcraft" :]

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is either one hell of a troll, a bored guy who just watched Equilibrium, or a short sighted fool. Take your pick!

Deleted
    Without emotions we cant be happy. If we cant be happy then what's the point?

10+ Year Old Account
    Emotions are not the root of all evil, people's inability to control them are.

When someone flames you on the internet for disagreeing with them, they're simply having an emotional reaction.
    When someone flames you in a game because you killed them, they're not controlling their emotions enough.
    If someone punches you in the face because you knocked their drink over, they're reacting emotionally instead of rationally.
    When your best friend stabs in you in the back over a girl you both just met, he's not controlling his emotions well enough.
    When a moderator closes a thread because he/she personally disagrees with the sentinment of it even when it breaks no rules, that moderator is again not controlling his/her emotions and is letting that get in the way of his purpose.

It's natural to feel, and if we didn't have the ability to control our behaviour like animals don't, then we would be justified in acting out. However we have power over our actions, and it takes little effort to get in the habit of stopping yourself doing something stupid because of impulsive emotions and think the situation over.

Getting rid of emotions would mean life would be barely worth living, if at all. But conversely a reckless submission to emotion endagers you and those around you, and god forbid if you are a person of great power.
    "The truth, my goal."

10+ Year Old Account
    All evil are LEMONS.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvok View Post
    Emotions are not the root of all evil, people's inability to control them are.

When someone flames you on the internet for disagreeing with them, they're simply having an emotional reaction.
    When someone flames you in a game because you killed them, they're not controlling their emotions enough.
    If someone punches you in the face because you knocked their drink over, they're reacting emotionally instead of rationally.
    When your best friend stabs in you in the back over a girl you both just met, he's not controlling his emotions well enough.
    When a moderator closes a thread because he/she personally disagrees with the sentinment of it even when it breaks no rules, that moderator is again not controlling his/her emotions and is letting that get in the way of his purpose.

It's natural to feel, and if we didn't have the ability to control our behaviour like animals don't, then we would be justified in acting out. However we have power over our actions, and it takes little effort to get in the habit of stopping yourself doing something stupid because of impulsive emotions and think the situation over.

Getting rid of emotions would mean life would be barely worth living, if at all. But conversely a reckless submission to emotion endagers you and those around you, and god forbid if you are a person of great power.
    This makes sense, but the standard for living involves experiencing emotions. If we got rid of emotions, we would be changing the standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    This makes sense, but the standard for living involves experiencing emotions. If we got rid of emotions, we would be changing the standard.
    Indeed, I would never suggest the removal of emotions - I just long for people to have better control over them, and put a bit more effort into objective reasoning when it comes to making decisions that affect other people.
    "The truth, my goal."

Hope in one hand and take a dump in the other and see what fills up quickest.

Is human emotions. Think about it. Fury, sadness, greed, vengeance, among others. They all push others to commit evil acts. Look at World War II for example. Germany was crushed, then Hitler took control of others emotions and pushed others to extremes. Thus war broke out. Even on smaller scales. People (see: girls) are very emotional. They stab each other in the back constantly because they FEEL threatened by others, when in reality nothing is wrong.

I would like to propose that to eliminate evil, we must eliminate human emotion. We must ascend and become robots. Science has proven to us through bioengineering that part of this process can be done in the form of mechanical limbs. We must push science to the limits, becoming completely mechanical beings with no emotions. No emotions means everyone gets along. Thus evil is abolished.
    FFS man share the reefer.

---------- Post added 2011-02-12 at 07:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Amazad View Post
    the root of evil: Girls. Why ? here's why.

Girls = Time x Money
    And we all know time is Money... therefor
    Girls = Money x Money
    And beacuse money is the root of evil...
    Girls = √Evil x √Evil

Girls = Evil
    Actually, its not as silly as you think. Humans like most animals are pretty much about power as it attracts females. Girls drive guys to do rather silly things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Deleted
    My first though!!!

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Froglegs View Post
    Umm, pretty sure greed isn't an emotion. But I would have to disagree with you, evil has to exist other wise there would be no such thing
    as "good". Quote from Syndrome "If everyone is super, no one will be."
    Wow, I can't believe that I was watching the movie at the exact time of your post.

To the OP: No thanks, I'd rather keep my humanity, no emotions means no music, no movies, no art... Because that depends on emotions, your future would be a machine world where everyone would work, without any feelings, without reproduction... Without humanity. And the funniest part? We've progressed a lot with emotions, a world without any beauty, without anything. No, just no.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    The suppression of the individual in order for the society to become 'better' is evil in my eyes. Basically you'd eliminate conflict through the ultimate desacration of life and what makes us human.
    Exactly, and that's something no one will support, thus you'd have to cause mass genocide first, and even then it wouldn't work. Also, OP, as I said before, if you take out emotions, then there's no good or evil. Even better, how would we get along without emotions?

And as said before, without emotions you wouldn't feel regret for killing someone, what about having to conquer a planet with an alien race. Oh well, they are attacking me, self preservation instinct, take them down... Even better, how would we have innovation as machines? If we are given thought, we'll still have some emotions.

This is an interesting quote. However, if there was no evil, in your example, there would be no medical improvements. If all humans were robots, we would not have diseases such as cancer and HIV/AIDS, as we would be mechanical, thus unable to develop these ailments.
    And I said it once, but what the heck. Without emotions there's no reason to have fun, to be creative, to innovate, we'd just do our daily cycle and die off when an actual civilization wipes us out, or we'd gain emotions, somehow. Besides, would you cull an area of sick humans? Robots would definitely cull weak or failed robots... You are extremely biased, OP, no offense, but you need to look at it from both sides, and you'll appreciate your humanity.
    Last edited by JohnnyTKF; 2011-02-13 at 05:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTKF View Post
    Wow, I can't believe that I was watching the movie at the exact time of your post.

To the OP: No thanks, I'd rather keep my humanity, no emotions means no music, no movies, no art... Because that depends on emotions, your future would be a machine world where everyone would work, without any feelings, without reproduction... Without humanity. And the funniest part? We've progressed a lot with emotions, a world without any beauty, without anything. No, just no.

Exactly, and that's something no one will support, thus you'd have to cause mass genocide first, and even then it wouldn't work. Also, OP, as I said before, if you take out emotions, then there's no good or evil. Even better, how would we get along without emotions?

And as said before, without emotions you wouldn't feel regret for killing someone, what about having to conquer a planet with an alien race. Oh well, they are attacking me, self preservation instinct, take them down... Even better, how would we have innovation as machines? If we are given thought, we'll still have some emotions.

And I said it once, but what the heck. Without emotions there's no reason to have fun, to be creative, to innovate, we'd just do our daily cycle and die off when an actual civilization wipes us out, or we'd gain emotions, somehow. Besides, would you cull an area of sick humans? Robots would definitely cull weak or failed robots... You are extremely biased, OP, no offense, but you need to look at it from both sides, and you'll appreciate your humanity.
    Alright, I'll repeat myself. You think living with emotions is amazing, and while at times it is, because this is the standard you live at. You can argue that living without emotions, and the idea that you never had any, would be as good, if not better, than living with emotions, simply because you never had any.

I don't think anyone takes the OP seriously....It's not like the government is spending money to help get rid of emotions....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

this coming from someone named M_10? I doubt your credibility dear mechanical sounding intelligent fellow sentient.

Maybe we should just make the population be primarily clones that are all brainwashed from birth to love whatever crappy job society forces them into.

no, no wait. That's another book plot.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2011-02-13 at 05:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

women = time x money
    - time = money; therefore
    women = money ^ 2
    - however, money = evil ^ 1/2 (root of evil); therefore
    women = (evil ^ 1/2) ^ 2
    women = evil

edit: damnit, i didn't see the other posts doing what i did earlier. shucks
    Last edited by Saint42; 2011-02-13 at 05:55 AM.
    "Isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit." - The Tick

And yes, it is an exploding beer.

Antisaintz - Because, well, I wuv my dk

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    this coming from someone named M_10? I doubt your credibility dear mechanical sounding intelligent fellow sentient.

Maybe we should just make the population be primarily clones that are all brainwashed from birth to love whatever crappy job society forces them into.

no, no wait. That's another book plot.
    We could be Star Wars and clone millions of emotionless killing machines.

I'd personally vote myself for cloning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!