what happend at Assasin creed (first game)

i started playing AC at AC 2 and i found the lore enjoying/awesome. but a thing is that i never tryed the first one. so my question is, what important happend at AC first game. and who is Altair (or how you spell it)

also i cant wait for the next game!

Deleted
    Altair is Desmond's ancestor. He was alive in the Third Crusade I think, year 1000 and something. He was an assassin.

Just play the game, it's great.

10+ Year Old Account
    AC:brotherhood IS AC3, so you can go get that whenever... Altair is Desmonds ancestor from the Crusades (circa 1091 i believe)
    and he's the one who realized that Al-mualim was using the piece of eden to essentially mind control the assassins, or Hash-sha-shir, for his own personal gain.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Deleted
    Altair is assassin whom you control in first game

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    AC:brotherhood IS AC3, so you can go get that whenever... Altair is Desmonds ancestor from the Crusades (circa 1091 i believe)
    and he's the one who realized that Al-mualim was using the piece of eden to essentially mind control the assassins, or Hash-sha-shir, for his own personal gain.
    AC: Brotherhood is NOT AC3, AC3 is coming out in the near future. AC: Brotherhood was just a continuation of AC2, basically a filler for the gap in between AC2 and AC3.

Altair was the ''father'' of all assassins and Desmond's ancestor.

He found out that the grandmaster of the assassin order was secretly a templar and used an ancient artifact to deceive and control other people.

Altair also created the Codex pages in which he stored valuable information from his journeys.

anyways,

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki...27s_Creed_Wiki

Sorry to tell you but AC:brotherhood is not AC3 like Zethras said plz dont post wrong info like it were facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Folexnn View Post
    AC: Brotherhood is NOT AC3, AC3 is coming out in the near future. AC: Brotherhood was just a continuation of AC2, basically a filler for the gap in between AC2 and AC3.
    Well, if you go by the number of the game, AC3 will be AC4, i'm fully aware AC3 is coming out later this year ^_^
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everywhere, no where, over there, in the air.
    The game is too awesome to wrap up in a mere forum post. But i'll try.
    Altiair was an assassin general and very close friend to the Grand Master. The Grand Master Assassin suspected that Altiair knew too much and was going to expose him, so he demoted him all the way to the very lowest rank and allowed him to keep 1 weapon: Hidden Blades(your starter).
    Spoiler
    Spoiler
    Spoiler
    Spoiler
    You've gotten all your weapons back and are ready to 1v1 the final boss.
    Spoiler
    Spoiler
    You now have the hand written book of Codex and the Apple Of Eden. You have temporarily established peace and Altiar is now the greatest assassin of all time and Grand Master Asssassin.
    Make sense?

Deleted
    AC:B is not AC3 or they would have called it that... It's AC 2.5. You play the same character you did in AC2. The switch in AC1 to AC2 was marked by a change of main character. AC3 will come out probably this or next year and it'll be called just that, Assassin's Creed 3.

And personally I really hope they now switch to Desmond as the real main character, as in you play him the whole time, interrupted by brief stints in the Animus to gather new skills form a variety of ancestors, not just Ezio. Need to buff up your swordfighting? Go to Assassin Ancestor No. 12 in the year 792, get a special jump from No. 31 in the year 1782, and so on but mainly the story should take place in the present, as I think in Brotherhood the story advanced to a point where that's the logical continuation. Apart from a few details they know the relevent stuff concerning the great threat so they have to actually do something about it now, instead of going back to playing with Ezio or Altair or whatever in the past when the threat is getting closer and closer in the present.

just wiki it it'll give you the full info
    Ben Kenobi "This isn't the signature you are looking for."