T11 robe or DMC:V? Shadow

I know our shadow T11 robe is BiS but was curious if I should buy the robe first to fill the 2 set or to sell the valor boots in order to buy my volcano card which is BiS trinket. Anyone have any suggestions? My current trinkets are Stump of Time (hit -> haste) and Vibrant Alchemist Stone. Current robe is Robe of Embalmed Darkness from JP. Can't link the full armory due to a 503 error saying I need to be level 100...
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2011-02-12 at 08:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    This may be just me but I saw a rise in my dps when I dropped Stump of Time for Witching Hourglass. But I'd go with the robe, personally. You can make gold in other ways.
    Stelmaria | Phantasien

Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Quote Originally Posted by sasslefrassed View Post
    This may be just me but I saw a rise in my dps when I dropped Stump of Time for Witching Hourglass. But I'd go with the robe, personally. You can make gold in other ways.
    Stump of Time sucks

if you have any sort of gatherer (skinning or herbing are the best 2 atm over mineing which seems fairly low price and overcrowded) you can easily farm the DMF trinket,
    with herbing and a friend who was inscriptor i made about 10 cards (4 embers) and managed to sell them/trade for other ember cards for the deck in a little under a week on and off trying for it)
    the t11 robe is decent, and if your aiming for 2 set with it i'd definetly prioratise that first.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmend View Post
    Stump of Time sucks
    The Stump isn't quite as bad as people think based on new simcrafting for post shadow nerf (if you need hit that is.) New values for after the nerf are showing that hit is second only to haste in our secondary stats department so it might be work picking up if you need. I agree it's not amazing compared to some things like DMC:V, Theralion's Mirror, etc but to say it sucks based on new numbers is pushing it a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    The Stump isn't quite as bad as people think based on new simcrafting for post shadow nerf (if you need hit that is.) New values for after the nerf are showing that hit is second only to haste in our secondary stats department so it might be work picking up if you need. I agree it's not amazing compared to some things like DMC:V, Theralion's Mirror, etc but to say it sucks based on new numbers is pushing it a bit.
    It is our weakest epic-quality trinket. I am not and never was one of the crazies who didn't understand the value of hit. Witching Hourglass is still better, for example. You are better off taking Witching Hourglass with it's huge static int and haste proc and reforging mastery/crit to +hit (til 8% melee hit for SFiend, then SPR for passive regen) than relying on the hit from Stump. The math was done for me, then I did it myself... then I tested it thoroughly. I regretted buying it within an hour. I wanted the hit because I did not have much hit gear and it netted me a considerable loss.
    Last edited by Shadowmend; 2011-02-15 at 09:30 PM.