Thread: DK UH Help

DK UH Help

Looking for a good rotation that will up my dps...as it stands im doing around 10k dps. I seen other UH DK in the same lvl gear i have doing upwards of 15 to 17k....what am i doing wrong can anyone help ? Im maxed in hit and have 19.42 haste and around 20 expertise.

The top geared unholy death knights sit around 17-18% haste and thats with an avg ilvl of 365+. If you have 19.42% haste and you don't know what you're doing there must be something seriously incorrect with your gemming (straight haste?). Either that or your numbers are completely made up.

I'm sorry but unlike popular belief, the priority based and fast paced unholy DK is not a free ride to the top of the meters. Bad players will still be bad, no matter what class they play. Asking a question that's been asked and answered more then a thousand times in this forum alone will not make you a better player. You can feed me whatever line you like "We all start somewhere" "Hey man, I just need some tips."

My only tip for you is to actually read what your abilities do and how your talents augment them. When you see a DK doing 18k dps, open up his recount sheet and see what are his top damagers. You know your main attack, Scourge Strike, is enhanced by the diseases on your target, right? So what's the first order of business? Put up diseases. It's pretty simple. Festering Strike creates a death rune as well resets your disease ticks...pretty powerful wouldn't you say? Do you know what a death rune does? There is LOTS of information at your finger tips. Look for it.

If you have a learning disability, I sympathize with your frustration. But nothing someone says here is going to help you if that's the case. If you're lazy, which I suspect you are, maybe a game that costs 15 dollars a month isn't for you.

Make sure there is haste and mastery on every piece you have as long as you're hit capped, or as you so eloquently put it, "maxed in hit." Reforge all crit/expertise to whatever you need. Hit to cap > haste > mastery. Gem for straight strength, ignore bonuses unless they are +20 str or higher.

yes im extremely lazy and i dont want to look around for info as u say....i want some goon to tell me what to do so i can just go do it

---------- Post added 2011-02-12 at 05:55 PM ----------

and i was actually just auto attacking doing 10k but got on here to have someone to tell me what to do next

As long as you have your priorities correct and hit/exp cap gem purely for strength unless the bonus isn't worth it as Lucky said, mastery plays a good part of our damage now so try and find yourself Haste/Mastery gear as lucky also said. If that does not make a difference just practice more :P

Deleted
    elitistjerks.com/f72/t110294-unholy_dps_%7C_cataclysm_4_0_6_missing_frame/
    That helped me a LOT.
    Basically, read that, and you'll get all the help you need. There's nothing more I can say really. Good luck and have fun