Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyways, every single person out there has just winged it when it came to parenthood, your parents hadn't a clue and mine sure as hell didn't, it's all down to the experience of it.
    It still can help a tremendous amount of you do see other kids being raised around you though. I was around ~16 when my littlest sister was born, so I got to see what my parents went through in bringing her up (she's 7 now!), and I feel I'm far better equipped for parenthood based on my experiences with my little sister.
    My parents in turn basically grew up taking care of smaller kids (massive family + relations back in our home country lol) so they definitely knew what they were doing when they had me >_<

theyre just so gosh darn cute @_@
    Oh I only wish they stayed like that forever >_<
    With my little sister I was like IT'S SO CUDDLY I'M GONNA DIIIEEEE
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    and if you need to be motivated:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunmist View Post
    If you're afraid of being a bad dad, odds are you're going to be a good dad.

A bad dad doesn't worry about being a bad dad.
    I can't agree with a post more than I do this one.

Your son/daughter would be lucky to have you as a father, no doubt
    "The truth, my goal."

Being afraid is a good first step Keep it up
    Ecce homo ergo elk

I thought the same thing but my daughter is eight now and goes everywhere with me so must have muddled through ok. its not as hard as people make out. when young they need to feel safe, warm, clean and not hungry / thirsty and learn to always have a bag of necessary stuff packed. after that you learn as you go.
    oh don't bother with expensive clothes early they out grow them too fast and avoid shoes to let their feet develop

15+ Year Old Account
    Again. Thanks for all the positivness!
    I am and always will be the optimist. The hope for far-flung hopes and dreamer of improbable dreams.

all i am thinking is do you want to have a kid?
    sens having a kid shoud be somthing both parts of the relationship should want to have, not just her.

also geting a kid when your ecomicaly unstable is not really a good idea ether.

but beaing worried about the up bringing of you child is a good quality.
    and on the subjet of droping a kid did you know that when a child is born the back of there head is not coverd by bone and the only cover is skin

Do you want a child yourself or is it only your girlfriends wish? If it is, you shouldn't. You need to think through it thoroughly.
    But as others have said, if you feel ready for a child and want it and you care about how to do it right, then you will probably be a good dad.
    But please, make sure you have a stable economy and that the relationship with your girlfriend is stable enough for you two to get through the rocky parts of having a kid. Its not all flowers and sunshine as some people want it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunmist View Post
    If you're afraid of being a bad dad, odds are you're going to be a good dad.

A bad dad doesn't worry about being a bad dad.
    Couldn't have spoken it more true.. it's aight mate you are most likely going to do just fine : ) and GL OP

Quote Originally Posted by Tuuralihn View Post
    So, rather serious topic. But, even though I know alot fo you will troll this, you guys and gals are the people I know got mroe brains than
    the rest of the populations. (all the math into rotations, calculating how much hit to get capped and so on and so on.)

My girlfriend wants to have a baby sometime in the future.
    But, Im afraid. Afraid of dropping the kid on the head whilst hes a baby.
    Afraid I'll screw him up.
    Afraid of being a bad dad.

Someone, help me, turn me around, somehow!

Edit:

Thank you everyone. Especially the first post and all the agreements with that post. You've made my heart and nerves
    at ease. Maybe it's the alcohol speaking, but, I love you guys ^^
    My woman is pregnant with twins. I've had the same concerns for myself. Eventually, you'll get over it.

Kids will more or less grow up to be like you.

If you have things about yourself that you need to change, such as a short temper, a smoking habit, etc., do the kid, and the world, a favor and take care of it before reproducing.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuuralihn View Post
    So, rather serious topic. But, even though I know alot fo you will troll this, you guys and gals are the people I know got mroe brains than
    the rest of the populations. (all the math into rotations, calculating how much hit to get capped and so on and so on.)

My girlfriend wants to have a baby sometime in the future.
    But, Im afraid. Afraid of dropping the kid on the head whilst hes a baby.
    Afraid I'll screw him up.
    Afraid of being a bad dad.

Someone, help me, turn me around, somehow!

Edit:

Thank you everyone. Especially the first post and all the agreements with that post. You've made my heart and nerves
    at ease. Maybe it's the alcohol speaking, but, I love you guys ^^
    Well, I'll try and give some advice. First of all, if you care for your son, you won't screw him up. Now, the biggest problem a LOT of parents have is that they don't focus on their children, or are too stressed because of their work to do so. That is something you'll have to focus on, so PLEASE don't hurry, first get a stable job (If you have one, try to get to a better position), and once you are ready, then focus on the baby.

Now, stalking your profile I realized you are 20 years old, so don't hurry and have a kid when you are 24 just because she tells you so. My parents waited until they were 30 (31 for mum :P) and it still worked out. Now, my dad is an urologist (Doctor) so you can imagine that stressed him, but since he was already established (Not a resident), he could focus on me better than when he began working. So don't hurry, and if your kid wants attention when he's a baby (1 year old, or less) he's not being a "spoiled brat", that's retarded, he just wants a sign of approval that his parent loves him.

One last thing, remember to take care and keep your GF/Wife/Fiancee calm, and without a lot of stress while she's pregnant, that's never good for the baby (Smoking and drinking aren't good either, so take care of her too :P). And yes, fear of dropping a baby is normal, I think most parents have it.

Disclaimer: I'm 15 years old, so there's stuff I have ommited because I don't know about, and there is a lot more of advice, but I think that's enough for now.

EDIT: Agreed with Gunmist, it's good to worry for your child.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I have a son. Can I just give you some advice? she won't have any choice but to get over her fears and do her best. Could you just do that simple step too? You do have a choice, she doesn't. When you have a child, no matter how hard it gets... don't quit

ppl say this and that, and it's important to behave like this or that.. its all bullshit. Just stay together and don't shout much. Thats all your child really wants, two parents and no arguments.

If you try and be people you're not, its never going to work. You're as human as your child is, give yourselves all a big break and keep it simple and natural. Even if its boring and you suck at it.
    Last edited by Lilyana; 2011-02-13 at 04:45 AM.