Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hunter Class Mount

It is a fairly random idea I had, but it sounded more fun to discuss than the never ending banter of class balance.
    Regardless of whether it could happen or not, since it probably never will:
    If you could make something as awesome as a class mount for hunters, what would it be? What kind of details, themes, or motifs, colors would you use?
    I kind of thought of a shapeshift instead of a classical mount, since that seems to be okay to do now in cases like the Vial of the Sands.
    Don't let that limit you, explore the possibilities!

Deleted
    Something like "tame mount". Also "tame critter" for companion pets.

Deleted
    Or a talent called 'Ride pet', exclusive to BM, that could replace the worthless mount speed increase talent.

Something with a night elf theme for alliance, troll theme for horde. Like a special tiger or raptor mount decorated with trophies, and decorated in night elf or troll style.

And a giant hawk for flying, 'cause seriously they should get to work on those warlock demon wings and paladin pegasus mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HikariOblivion View Post
    And a giant hawk for flying, 'cause seriously they should get to work on those warlock demon wings and paladin pegasus mounts.
    I used to suggest the same stuff to Blizzard. I also suggested having real time events in WoW, like if u don't defend something it gets destroyed.

Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.9Ghz | Gigabyte EX58-UD3R | 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600Hz | Gigabyte GTX 580 Superclocked Edition SLI | Lian-Li PC-P50WB | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD (raid0) | Corsair RM-1000 80+ Gold | Corsair H60, 2x BitFenix Spectre Pro P/P config

Quote Originally Posted by Judai View Post
    I used to suggest the same stuff to Blizzard. I also suggested having real time events in WoW, like if u don't defend something it gets destroyed.
    Like if you don't defend Garrosh he is gone forevs and everyone on Horde on that server gets there account deleted.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karakkonor View Post
    Or a talent called 'Ride pet', exclusive to BM, that could replace the worthless mount speed increase talent.
    Wouldn't be exclusive to BM then since that talent is on second tier which is accessible by all specs

Mount pet oh how I wish I could mount my pet :'<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karakkonor View Post
    This will be so awesome, good idea.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunee View Post
    This sounds extremly erotic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vjj Salad View Post
    Like if you don't defend Garrosh he is gone forevs and everyone on Horde on that server gets there account deleted.
    Or maybe thrall comes back =D

Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.9Ghz | Gigabyte EX58-UD3R | 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600Hz | Gigabyte GTX 580 Superclocked Edition SLI | Lian-Li PC-P50WB | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD (raid0) | Corsair RM-1000 80+ Gold | Corsair H60, 2x BitFenix Spectre Pro P/P config

Quote Originally Posted by Dunee View Post
    Isn't your mount supposed to be your battle 'friend', rather than a slave of some sorts?

Riding your friends sounds awkward.
    New Class: Runemaster
    New Alliance Race: Furbolg
    New Horde Race: None yet.
    New Zones: None yet.
    New Battleground: Ruins of Eldre'Thalas, Silithus Quarry, Taurajo Fields, Sorrows Training Grounds
    New Dungeon: None yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Splatula View Post
    Isn't your mount supposed to be your battle 'friend', rather than a slave of some sorts?

Riding your friends sounds awkward.
    Why would riding your friends be awkward? We can already do it with the vial of the sands mount and I don't know about you but it's a big joke in my guild about getting to mount the select few that have the mount in my guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have call pet...

If its riding your friends... Does that mean we get Booty Call?

It would be developer hell to have to make every possible hunter pet a potential mount, and making it all graphically work too. I do give you props for creativity though, looking forward to some more responses tomorrow!

10+ Year Old Account
    If they where to impliment a special class only mount feature they would give hunters the ability to tame a mount or ride their pet as a mount. That would actually be pretty cool. But like Eunomic said:

Quote Originally Posted by Eunomic View Post
    It would be developer hell to have to make every possible hunter pet a potential mount, and making it all graphically work too. I do give you props for creativity though, looking forward to some more responses tomorrow!
    "No we. No one tells me what to do. I've got everything I need from you -- now the power is mine and mine alone. Now there is only I. I am the Lich King. And I am ready."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Wouldn't be exclusive to BM then since that talent is on second tier which is accessible by all specs
    I'm sure it's very very hard to shift a talent like that up a few tiers.

Deleted
    "Tame mount" would be an awesome BM talent.

Would make for some fairly exclusive mounts for hunters as well.

Also, I'm a fan of giving every class a class mount of some sort (and since us hunters are already the quirky and weird class in the eyes of a lot of others it's not like anyone would be surprised by a "tame mount" talent).

15+ Year Old Account
    Interesting thought. Quite a few classes have their own class-specific mount already.

Paladins: Charger/Kodo
    Warlocks: Dreadsteed
    DK's: Skeletal Griffon
    Druids: Flight Form (which is even superior to regular mounts due to being instant and able to interact while still flying)

Having something specific to every class could be a novel idea.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    No, nO, NO, no
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.