Maximizing Elementium Ore profit

I have more elementium ore then I can shake a stick at, I'm tired of just putting ore on the ah. I also have a bs, jc toon. What are some good ways off maximizing the profit of the ore I'm mining?

I made nearly 200k+ since cata from buying elementium ore and prospecting it...........send all the small gems to my alchemy to make meta's cut them = win

10+ Year Old Account
    I prospect, sell the "blue" qualty gems. Greens can either be made into metas or sold off for a fair bit to those still leveling

Quote Originally Posted by Rukah View Post
    I prospect, sell the "blue" qualty gems. Greens can either be made into metas or sold off for a fair bit to those still leveling
    This, though I only started a week ago with this since the Ore has been to pricey to give a profit, but I've made 25k since Monday doing this. Though I skip the meta step since all metas sell for 60-100g here except for the new ones and the gems needed for that transmute is worth around 300g.
    Alicite is useless so I just cut them and vendor, nightstone, zephyrite and jasper I save up and sell when they are the daily JC and they sell like lemonade on a hot day. Carnelians I make Carnelian Spike and disenchant since they most of the time give 3 Greater Celestial Essence and Hessonite i try to auction out.
    Blue quality gems, cut and sell or just put up the raw gems.

15+ Year Old Account
    I do similar to you except I generally turn alicite into chanting mats too. It depends a lot though on your server's dust prices. If it is ~8g or higher per dust I think its worth doing it that way, but I havent actually looked up the exact percentages for what they de too. One thing to consider though with the crafting/DEing route is that the blue items often sell for 80g+ when they proc (at least they do on my server) with some over 150g, so that makes up for a lot.

I do exactly what Caelia described. It works really well on my server. Although you need to be checking in on the AH very often, since on a high pop server, there's a lot of likeminded entrepreneurs out there looking to use the same strategy.

Cheers,

Zywrath
    Requisite - Mal'Ganis

Deleted
    Check out this spreadsheet at Consortium forums, that should make it a little easier:

consortium.stormspire.net/showthread.php?1563-The-Shuffling-Spreadsheet-That-Killed-Them-All

With a transmute alchemist i actually find it more profitable just to transmute orange and red(green quality) into blue quality gems but you will have to check prices on your server
    purple, green and blue gems sell when its the daily again depends on server
    cut yellow gems and vendor them... really thats all you can do with them

just to compare prices on my server are as follows
    green quality - purple 50-60g green 25-35g blue 15-25g
    blue quality - red 100-120g orange 80-100g

I suggest you use an Addon called OC. You use it after an AH scan with Auctioneer or Auctionator and it will work out how much profit you will make from various routes, such as making Metas or making jewellery and D/Eing. Nice addon and very easy to use

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ProteinShake View Post
    I have more elementium ore then I can shake a stick at, I'm tired of just putting ore on the ah. I also have a bs, jc toon. What are some good ways off maximizing the profit of the ore I'm mining?
    Get alchemy and Enchanting on some toon aswell, if you don't have that already.
    prospect ore,

sell cut blues, (make sure to do the jc daily every day for more patterns, buy patterns that are profitable)

Reckless/potent/artful Hessonite Purified demonseye Boldr/Brilliant/Delicate inferno rubys rigid/solid Ocean sapphires Steady/Puissant/Regal Dream Emerald Mastery/Resiliance Amberjewel are quite nice sellers, atleast on my server.

sell zephyrite and nightsone and jasper on the day the jc daily needs em if you manage to keep prices high enough.

Personally I mostly transmute my carnelians/hessonites and some nightstones to their rare gems.
    Only do this if the rare gem prices are decent, and herb prices are fair, (keep an eye out for cheap heartblossom/cinderbloom/twilight jasmine, the jasmine is almost always too pricy for this to be profitable, but nightstones will be sold once the jc daily is up for that gem anyhow)

The above holds unless Greater celestial essences are at a nice price, then i craft the fist weapon carnelian spikes and disenchant them. Depends on you servers current state.

Turn alicite and some jaspers into necks/rings, sell blue necks/rings, somewhat slow selling atm but each sell nets 100-300g

Disenchant the green jewelery from jaspers and alicites then either sell raw mats, or create scrolls and sell scrolls.
    Only craft scrolls that are actually making you a profit vs the raw mats, +15 stats on chest is usually a nice one, many other that's not really used for leveling the profession but still used by players usually net a good profit too.

Hardened elementium bars might be a nice source of income to compared to the raw ore price. Normal elementium bars too, but the JC/Ench/Alch deal is generally more profitable.

With your alch toon also make sure you xmute life>air (or whatever volatile is most profitable, generally it's air) Or truegold, again, whatever nets you the most profit do this every day, purchase life if you don't have it, just keep an eye out so you snatch them when they are cheap!

Sending every random green you get every now and then to your chanter for d/e too.

Addons you should look into if you dont have em already are probably
    Orecrusher
    Auctioneer

Set up a snatchlist with auctioneer, looking for heartblossom/cinderbloom/twilight jasmine at a nice price
    Perhaps even start looking for Obsidium and Elementium ore at nice prices too once you get the shuffle going a bit?
    Also set up Appraiser to undercut by 1c per gem, and enable your gems for batchposting, info in how to do both these things can probably be found at the auctioneer addon homepage.

Keep in mind gems generally sell best on those days players generally get new gear, like raiddays, generally wednesday and thursday, some luck with sundays too, and tuesdays now and then.
    Other days will probably not net you as much as these days.

Post gems for 12h at a time, more is usually a waste, keep an eye on them and repost if your undercut, if you have the time for this, that is.
    There's alot to be made from undercutting atleast on raiddays.
    Keep in mind you loose the deposit everytime you cancel your auction.
    It's really up to you how you go about selling your gems.
    I've found cancel/repost every now and then to work best anyhow.

Long post, could probably be shorter, but meh, there you go.

Good Luck.