Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    No it's not racist. But it's stupid and hurtful.
    Stupid because love is unpredictable and no one can tell the future.
    Hurtful, because well... let some one tell you they "don't like you", or they "don't find you attractive" and tell us how you feel.

    Honestly guys, don't dwell on the negatives. Instead of focusing on what you don't like, why not just say, "I prefer white females"?
    Elementium on Knaak:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    He's the Micheal bay of books. He sunk his claws into a popular franchise and is pumping out books with very little plot and a whole lot of descriptions of Rhonins hair and awesomeness and because anyone who wants to know the once rich warcraft lore will buy it the same as a Transformers movie because it's something they love and they keep hoping.
    ~The naaru have not forgotten us... BUT CHRIST METZEN HAS!~

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Going with the logic that half the country seems to run on, yes, yes you are.
    I thought we were a bit more tolerant on homosexuals than our American counterparts?

  3. #43
    Political correctness... how about being banned for having a DK named Holocaust... gee Blizz, it's not like it's a word that extends outside the borders of an event that took place about 70 years ago amirite? And considering lore i thought the name was fitting the class...
    Quote Originally Posted by coolcatchris
    also, we're not glass cannons anymore, we haven't been for ages. either that or everyone is a cannon, and some are plate cannons.

  4. #44
    LOAD"*",8,1 Fuzzzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Legion of Doom Headquarters
    Posts
    20,339
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadirm View Post
    Political correctness... how about being banned for having a DK named Holocaust... gee Blizz, it's not like it's a word that extends outside the borders of an event that took place about 70 years ago amirite? And considering lore i thought the name was fitting the class...
    While I can see your point, it is Blizzards game and they own your account, so the decision is theirs.

  5. #45
    It's not even remotely racist. Unfortunately in todays society people have a warped sense of reality, and think that anything containing the word 'black' 'brown' or 'dark' is some sort of racial slur. It was in the papers recently here in the UK about a woman who described gossip as 'Jungle drums' and she was branded racist by some idiot at the meeting. It made national news thankfully, and there was a lot of angry people. It just shows how crazy some people are.

  6. #46
    Yes. This is a racist comment. Could any reasonable caucasian person make such a comment surrounded by a group of black people with out questioning the judgment of there statement?

    However, my sympathy lies not with the persons being offended by the comment, but with the person making the comment.

    Our world has so many open doors, why close them with out looking in.

  7. #47
    Here's a good idea, if you find yourself questioning whether something you're thinking about saying is racist or otherwise inappropriate, don't say it in front people you don't know. As for your question, I'd say no, it's not racist per se. I'm going to share a true story that happened to me last semester.

    Roommate: "I don't like black girls." <not racist>
    Me: "Really? Why?"
    Roommate: "They smell funny. Maybe it's something they all put in their hair." <WTF!?!>

    I now live somewhere else.

  8. #48
    LOAD"*",8,1 Fuzzzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Legion of Doom Headquarters
    Posts
    20,339
    Quote Originally Posted by Drathnoss View Post
    Yes. This is a racist comment. Could any reasonable caucasian person make such a comment surrounded by a group of black people with out questioning the judgment of there statement?

    However, my sympathy lies not with the persons being offended by the comment, but with the person making the comment.

    Our world has so many open doors, why close them with out looking in.
    I disagree. If I was asked by a group of black people if I liked black girls and I'm attracted to black girls and I said no, that's not racist. As I said before it would be the same as a bunch of blondes coming up and asking me something similar.

    The question is about attraction not liking. There is a distinction.

    For example... Do you find black girls attractive vs. Do you like black girls. Two different questions.

  9. #49
    It could be made to be racist very easily, depending on context and tone.

    Without tone or context it's not essentially racist - just stupid. Very very stupid.

    Personally, i suspect that someone for whom that statement is true does have racist views.

    I can't see any reason why you'd not be attracted to black girls except that yoru a bit racist.

    "It turns out the only signature he needed was my fist! ... But with a pen in it ... that i was signing with."

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Hegar View Post
    It could be made to be racist very easily, depending on context and tone.

    Without tone or context it's not essentially racist - just stupid. Very very stupid.

    Personally, i suspect that someone for whom that statement is true does have racist views.

    I can't see any reason why you'd not be attracted to black girls except that yoru a bit racist.
    Newsflash: Sexual tastes can vary widely.

    Some people like their lovers with pale skin. Are they racists then for not finding someone with tanned or dark skin attractive?

    Some people like certain features that may not be equally present in all communities, does it make them a racist then for not dating or sleeping with someone? I mean, say a pale-skinned redhead finds me attractive, and I turn her down due to my liking of tanned skin and dark hair, does that mean I'm a racist and hate gingers?

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by eucatastrophe View Post
    No it's not racist. But it's stupid and hurtful.
    Stupid because love is unpredictable and no one can tell the future.
    Hurtful, because well... let some one tell you they "don't like you", or they "don't find you attractive" and tell us how you feel.

    Honestly guys, don't dwell on the negatives. Instead of focusing on what you don't like, why not just say, "I prefer white females"?
    There's a big difference between attraction and love. Saying you'll never love someone because of the way they look is dumb, but saying you are not attracted to them because of the way they look is perfectly reasonable.

  12. #52
    It's not racist per se, but it could easily be twisted into a statement that is. It would be a pretty bold proclamation in any case, though.

  13. #53
    Mechagnome Berteh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Sticks, Australia
    Posts
    544
    I don't find it racist one bit. People have different preferences

  14. #54
    I don't know if I would say it's 'bold" really. My fiancee has dark skin. Not black, but deeply tanned nonetheless, and she would never marry a black man. Her reasoning? In her culture, skin tone is a statement of social class. the darker they are the more assumed it is they come from peasant background and spend their days in a field somewhere, so she said that, in her culture at least, she would be doing her children a disservice if they had darker skin than she had. i don't know if that's her reasoning or just her culture's reasoning, I've noticed her favorite actors all fit a certain type, namely pale skin, green eyes, dark hair. Lucky for me I fit that :P

    A lot of reasons go into why people have the tastes they have. I personally prefer women with tanned or darker skin only for the reason it seems healthier and less veiny to me. My fiancee prefers someone with a lighter skin-tone for her own reasons. Are either of us racist? No, we're both of different races (I'm mixed-race) and both of us have dated others of different races in the past as well. People like what they like.

  15. #55
    By the same logic, not beeing attracted to people of the same sex as you (men-men and woman-woman) would make you homophobic.. so NO OP not getting turned on by black girls doesn't make you racist.

  16. #56
    es ist zeit für reich, wir müssen die juden ausrötten!

  17. #57
    This thread is going places

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Saviourself View Post
    This thread is going places
    so did your mom last night

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    If a guy says, "I'm not attracted to black girls", is that a racist comment and is he a racist?
    Firstly - there is, in my opinion, no such thing as a racist. We are all part of the human race. We just happen to come in different colours and shapes.

    There are, however, prejuduiced people. Prejuduiced against certain colour humans, certain cultures, etc. Some are justified. Some are not.

    It's a sexual preference and you are entitled to it. I too, for one, am as attracted to black girls about as much as I would be to another man. I am completely unattracted to them. It's a personal, sexual preference. They just don't "do it" for me. Do I hate them? No. I just don't find them attractive. Asian girls, I like, Latino's too. I guess I am just attracted to european features, long hair, etc. Blondes and Light-skinned Dark Hair Red Heads with blue /or green eyes- Yummy!

    ---------- Post added 2011-02-13 at 01:05 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Hegar View Post
    I can't see any reason why you'd not be attracted to black girls except that yoru a bit racist.
    What an absolutely moronic thing to say or assume.

    It's like saying - "I can't see any reason why you're not attracted to men other than I assume you're a bit homophobic"



    As for the other absurd comments regarding "tone" or that it is "hurtful" - puh-lease - at least the bloke is being upfront and honest. He didn't insult - he just stated his sexual preference. Some guys like dark-skinned women. Some guys like guys. Some girls like girls. Some don't. Deal with it.
    Last edited by Cryostasis; 2011-02-13 at 11:11 AM.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Nytz View Post
    es ist zeit für reich, wir müssen die juden ausrötten!
    Oh no you didn't...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    I never said Ret was faceroll, I said your bitching is a mirror image to that entire community's attitude. You'd fit in well over there.
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwine77 View Post
    I'd never send death threats, because it is just a game.

    However, if I ever met the guy at Blizzard responsible for murlocs ... I think I'd slug him. Just one hard punch to the face ... while yelling WHARBLGARBLGARBLGARBLGARBL!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •