Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Chaos Bolt:
    Sends a bolt of chaotic fire at the enemy, dealing xxxx Fire damage. Chaos Bolt cannot be resisted, and pierces through all absorption effects. The chaotic fire also burns the enemy's feet which make them unable to move for 5sec.

Soulshatter:
    Reduces threat by 90% for all enemies within 50 yards and let you absorb xxxx amount of physical damage for the next 10sec.

Demonic Circle: Teleport:
    Teleports you to your Demonic Circle and removes all snare effects and makes you immune to them for the next 10sec.

Thats my wish list!

they're pretty Op atm.... i wanna see tauren warlocks..... lay all ya dots + fear + /dance = win

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trullis View Post
    Chaos Bolt:
    Sends a bolt of chaotic fire at the enemy, dealing xxxx Fire damage. Chaos Bolt cannot be resisted, and pierces through all absorption effects. The chaotic fire also burns the enemy's feet which make them unable to move for 5sec.

Soulshatter:
    Reduces threat by 90% for all enemies within 50 yards and let you absorb xxxx amount of physical damage for the next 10sec.

Teleports you to your Demonic Circle and removes all snare effects and makes you immune to them for the next 10sec.

Thats my wish list!
    I like soulshatter and demonic circle idea... but 5s stun for chaosbolt is a bit op, maybe just making it to pierce thorugh ALL effects: bubble, deflect, etc. and increase its damage

@locks being "top tier" comment
    http://www.crossladder.com/arena/stats/

cant seem to find out how updated this is but from this locks are in the bottom 3 in overall brackets and debatable worth in 3v3 bracket.It could be worse tho you could be a hunter .

side note:locks need a minor buff maybe a spellsteal but hunters obviously need buffs the most.

Deleted
    Bane of Agony, Bane of Doom: damage is okeish, although a small buff would be helpful, seeing how many classes can dispel those.

Corruption: no changes needed

Curse of Exhaustion: 30% snare effect is practically useless, it needs to be redesigned. Possible solutions:
    a) A minor glyph, which adds extra 10%
    b) Make it 40% with a 20 yards range, can only be present on 1 target at a time, subject to diminishing returns.
    c) Make it 50% with a 1.8 sec casting time, limit it to 1 target as well, 30 yards range.
    d) Make it 50% with a 6 sec duration and put it on a 12 sec cooldown (a weaker ranged version of glyphed shadowflame).
    e) ...your ideas?

Curse of the Elements: I think needs a bit more utility. How about: ".. resistances by 184 and increasing magic and physical damage taken by 8%". Would certainly help in lock+melee(+healer) teams, and will be the number 1 curse for demonologists.

Curse of Tongues: looks fine, maybe nerf it slightly - 25% instead of 30%.

Curse of Weakness: to be honest I rarely see it being used in PVP. Ideally it should be as equally effective against melee as Curse of Tongues is vs casters. How about:
    a) Reduces the energy/rage/runic power regeneration and attack speed by 20%, instead of plain 10% physical damage reduction.
    b) "Debuffs the target, placing a stack of Necrotic Wounds each time he uses a damaging ability. When the number of stacks reaches 10 (15? 20?), the target groans in pain, dropping his weapon (a.k.a disarm) for 5 seconds."

Dark Intent: this is more of a PVE buff. I heard a lot of comments about it particularly in the shadow priest section. I'll leave it to the PVE folks to discuss. If it needs a nerf, nerf it. PVP-wise it isn't that critical (though still important).

Death Coil: back in the days this spell used to heal you for a pretty decent amount, up to 20% of your max HP if I'm not mistaken. Maybe buff the healing output slightly?

Drain Life: again, another controversial spell. I propose the following changes:
    Nerf: 6 second channeling time, producing a tick every 2 seconds. Makes it easier to be interrupted/silenced. If you think it's still too OP, increase the mana cost appropriately.
    Buff #1: restores HP the following way: 4%, 6%, 8% (1st, 2nd and 3rd tick, respectively). This way it restores 18% of your health in 6 seconds (right now you gain 12% within the same period of time).
    Buff #2: Increase the damage! It is our #1 filler in PVP situations, where you cannot afford to cast any shadow bolts. There has been a lot of QQ about how affli locks suck at single target dps. Buffing Drain Life dmg is one way to fix it.

Drain Soul: a very slow and weak finisher. Ticks for 6k every 3 sec (with 6100 SP on a 3.2k resilience target) provided you refresh your Haunt constantly. Definitely PVE-oriented, seeing as it's just a small dps buff when the raid boss is below 25% HP. I've got a different idea for a finisher (see Soul Swap). As for the drain soul mechanics, I would like to bring back the old soul shard regeneration mechanism:
    You have a 100% (50%?) chance to gain a soul shard when your drain soul deals damage. If the target dies while being drained, you get 3 soul shards.
    Locks should be able to regain soul shards by sacrificing their dps for a short period of time. I mean, it doesn't hurt anyone, right?

Fear: has been nerfed several times already and I'm afraid more nerfs are coming. Let's hope it doesn't happen too soon.

Haunt: 20% shadow damage debuff is very nice indeed. Sadly it's an active debuff meaning that we have to refresh it constantly. The damage of Haunt itself is laughable though. If you look at demo and destro, both specs have a 'bursty' nuke on a 12 sec CD. Why not have something similar in affliction as well?

Howl of Terror: no complaints here.

Life Tap: the amount of HP it takes to convert is huge. I mean, HUGE!! On one hand, a good warlock should be able to time it carefully. But come on.. I wouldn't mind life tapping twice if it took me only half as much HP.

Seed of corruption: "Embeds a demon seed in the enemy target, causing X shadow damage over 10 sec, but increasing his movement, casting and attack speed by 25% for the duration of the debuff. Every time the target is hit by Fel Flame (or maybe Drain Life tick?), it inflicts Y shadow damage to all enemies within 15 yards."

Soul Swap: What I have in mind is to turn it into a proper finisher. We could, for instance, increase the instant damage part by 100% for each of the DoTs if the target is below 20% HP. The maximum possible damage should be comparable to spells like Shadowburn and SW: Death.

Unstable Affliction (and Immolate): inflicts XXXXX damage (ideally it should be something like 25% HP) upon dispel, instantly refreshes the DoTs and:
    b) If UA is dispelled: burns 10% of mana.
    c) If Immolate is dispelled: silences for 5 seconds

New spell:
    Soul Leakage: should compensate for the removal of Drain Mana. I admit I'm not very good at inventing new spell names
    "While channeling this spell, all mana regenerated by your target dissipates into the surroundings, causing equal amount of damage (as shadow/holy/whatever) to all enemies within 10 yards."

So if your target regenerates 2.1k mana every 5 sec, he won't be generating any mana as long as you're channeling Soul Leakage. Plus, he will automatically produce an AoE tick for 2.1k shadow/holy/etc damage to his allies. As you can imagine, the AoE will get stronger if he pops Divine Plea/Innervate and such. Can also be used on a mage when he uses Evocation. You get the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by thediceman View Post
    @locks being "top tier" comment
    http://www.crossladder.com/arena/stats/

cant seem to find out how updated this is but from this locks are in the bottom 3 in overall brackets and debatable worth in 3v3 bracket.It could be worse tho you could be a hunter .

side note:locks need a minor buff maybe a spellsteal but hunters obviously need buffs the most.
    Stat websites mean nothing.

DKs before patch were gods, DKs after patch are demi-gods.

Of course Fmages will have more representation than Warlocks, they are much, much easier to play. Easier = Funner for most people, since they can do well being functionally retarded. Warlocks have better mechanics for PvP, they always have been top tier, people just for some reason don't enjoy playing them so even when they are strong they have low representation.
    Last edited by Broccolii; 2011-02-14 at 01:16 AM.
    I have a terrible gaming youtube channel • https://www.youtube.com/fevirgaming

Deleted
    Banish: can be cast on demons, elementals and ghouls.

Control Demon: can somebody explain to me why do we get it at lvl 10 only?

Create Healthstone: heals for 45% of the base health, which is approximately 17k @lvl 85. Better than nothing but still.. Either make it 45% max HP or shorten the CD.

Demon Armor: remove the armor buff, it's useless. Instead, give it one of these:
    a) 5% chance on melee attack to knock your opponent down for 3 seconds
    b) 5% chance on any direct attack suffered by you to gain Demonic Freedom - a 5 sec buff, which makes you immune to interrupts/silence effects.

Demon Leap (demonology): Increase the range and make it possible to specify the landing point with your mouse, similar to Heroic Leap.

Demon Soul: let's go through the list of our demons.
    1) Imp: 30% crit buff, sweet. No changes needed.
    2) Succubus: 10% shadow bolt damage buff is too small. Make it 20%.
    3) Felhunter: 20% periodic damage increase, ok.
    4) Felguard: 15% haste + 10% shadow and fire damage, definitely worth it!
    5) Voidwalker (new): icreases the amount of damage shared via Soul Link by 50% for 10 seconds (or 25% for 15 seconds?)
    In fact, why would you ever use the voidwalker @lvl 85? Now, if Blizzard desides to buff the Sacrifice to at least 30k, VW could once again become useful.

Demonic Circle: Summon - make it invisible to everybody but lock.

Demonic Circle: Teleport - Removes all root and snare effects. Causes your enemy to lose his target. Add a prime glyph, which makes it possible to use the teleport while stunned.

Demonic Empowerment (demonology):
    1) Imp: heals the Imp and his master for 30% of its total health.
    2) Voidwalker (new): turns the VW into a 'walking flare', canceling all invisibility and stealth effects on enemies within 15 yards for 15 seconds.
    3) Succubus (new): the next Seduction or Fear cast will be instant and cost no mana.
    4) Felhunter: (felhunter as a demonologist?..) removes all magical effects from the Felhunter and his master.
    5) Felguard: looks good already.

Enslave Demon: enslaves the target for 10 seconds, forcing it to do your bidding. You don't need to dismiss your active minion. The enslaved demon merely acts as a 'guardian' - uncontrollable NPC-like pet with no special abilities. Can be cast on player minions (demons/elementals/ghouls). Shares a DR with Banish. Casting time 1.7 seconds.

Fel Armor: Increases the spell power by X (buff slightly). Your (and your pet's) single-target damaging abilities restore 10% of the damage as health. Soul Link increases the heal amount by 20% (25% glyphed).

Hand of Gul'dan (demonology): increase the aura radius up to 6 yards and make it apply a 40% snare effect to all enemies inside it.

Immolation Aura (demonology): make it exclusive with Hellfire.

Metamorphosis (demonology): to be honest I wonder why they let such an OP spell untouched for so long. 600% armor practically turns you into a tank, not even taking into account the crit chance reduction, 50% stun/snare effect duration etc. I'm afraid we will see some nerfs, sooner or later.

Shadow Ward: in addition to absorbing X shadow damage, reduces the pushback suffered while casting/channeling spells by 100%.

Soul Harvest: introduce a glyph, which increases the cooldown of Soul Harvest to 1.5 min but makes it castable in combat.

Soulburn: to name a few
    1) SB + Fear: instant cast
    2) SB + Deathcoil: automatically applies a fear once it ends
    3) SB + Howl of Terror: causes up to 5 enemies within 10 yards to be silenced and disarmed for 5 seconds
    4) SB + Immolate/Unstable Affliction: instantly deals 70% of the periodic damage. Cannot crit.
    5) SB + Healthstone: restores an additional 100% of your healthstone amount over 10 seconds.
    6) SB + Fel Flame: increases the critical chance of your next 5 Fel Flames by 70%.
    7) SB + Searing Pain: your next searing pain automatically crits and applies a DoT, which deals 300% of the damage every 3 seconds over 9 seconds.
    8) SB + Haunt: increases the mana cost of all spells on your target by 100% for the duration of your next Haunt.
    9) SB + Drain Life: cast time reduced by 50%, healing increased by 50%.
    10) SB + Shadow Ward: transforms into Demonic Ward, absorbing 20k damage. While this shield lasts you cannot be silenced or interrupted.
    11) SB + Teleport: increases the movement speed by 50% for 4 seconds and gives a snare immunity for the same duration.
    12) SB + Drain Soul: increases the critical chance of your next 3 Drain Soul ticks by 100%.
    13) SB + Chaos Bolt: roots the target for 1.5 seconds and applies a 30% snare for the next 4 seconds.
    14) SB + Soul Fire: instant cast, extra 50% crit chance.
    15) SB + Summon Imp/Succubus/Felhunter/Voidwalker/Felguard: instant summon.
    16) SB + Seed of Corruption: when the Seed of Corruption ends or is dispelled, it jumps to the nearest 5 enemies within 20 yards. Can only occur once.

Summon Doomguard and Summon Infernal: reduce the cooldown to 3 min and make them last for 20 seconds instead.

Deleted
    A Warlock Tank Spec... transform into demon with thick skinn.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracken56 View Post
    I like soulshatter and demonic circle idea... but 5s stun for chaosbolt is a bit op, maybe just making it to pierce thorugh ALL effects: bubble, deflect, etc. and increase its damage
    "
    Chaos Bolt:
    Sends a bolt of chaotic fire at the enemy, dealing xxxx Fire damage. Chaos Bolt cannot be resisted, and pierces through all absorption effects. The chaotic fire also burns the enemy's feet which reduces there movement speed by 50% for 5sec.

Soulshatter:

"

OK, I changed it a little bit =)

1) Revert ISF changes made in 4.0.6
    2) Never change the class again
    3) No ???, just profit

I would like them to remove the shadow embrace stacking necessity so that we can tab target dot at maximum strength and be op like boomkins =P

Yep, i also wish for chaos bolts damage to be greatly increased, increasing its damaged wouldnt make it op in pve, i mean comeon spriests are getting 120k+ mindblasts..

Deleted
    do the demonology form something like the wargens!!!!!!

mass DI for the entire raid

I wish to find 2 amazing warlocks to fill my raid with. Please apply!

Quote Originally Posted by Broccolii View Post
    I'm pretty sure Warlock are top tier... and nowhere near the worst. Actually probably the best caster at the moment.
    Warlocks along with a team of other players are top tier. Warlocks by themselves are awful. It's finally made the loop back to being a pretty awesome support/DPS class. You just don't ever want to be caught by yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Retroviruz View Post
    Demon Armor: remove the armor buff, it's useless.
    It's a leftover relic from the Alpha days when warlocks were slated to have tanking potential (remember firestones doing damage on melee swings and Searing Pain being crazy high threat?)

Only still in the game because it happens to be pretty decent for pvp too.
    Last edited by EllipsisGH; 2011-02-16 at 10:27 AM.
    Enforce proper spelling and grammar!

Chaos Bolt hitting a little harder, or something. Hell, why not make it blast through Divine Shield like it did in Wrath beta, it's not like that's the inviolable sanctuary it once was.

Immolate having some dispell protection. Fuck, change Imp Searing Pain into the Immolate dispel talent, by now it's clear NO ONE TAKES THAT TALENT. Perhaps when immolate is dispelled it leaves an undispellable debuff allowing the use of Conflag at the dispelled Immolate's damage (perhaps also increasing incin & CB's damage as well? iffy.)

edit @above:
    Ew, get that crap out of destro's mastery...it's unnecessary. We don't need EVERY spell we throw up to benefit from mastery. We're not bloody Boomkins.

signed,

A firelock since 1.7
    Last edited by Nessari; 2011-02-16 at 10:41 AM. Reason: damn kids...GET OFF MY LAWN

The Burning Crusade warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Sailboats View Post
    Give us an interrupt and I'll be happy.

Or buff fel armor
    i have always said . the day we get interrupt is the day i leave my warlock.

imagine u have interrupt duty in a raid boss, so screwed with the shit rotation ( specially if u were aff).