10+ Year Old Account

So my computer died...

Aye so my computer died off at last, as the title says, and I'm in no interest of having it repaired. Instead I'm using it at school for a group project we're having.
    But what's a nerd without a computer?

My friend works at a shop selling built computers and said he's got a computer he could sell me. I'm not really a wizard when it comes to good setups so I ask you o' wise champions to enlighten me. You'll find the main specs below. Will this build be worth it for 850€? Of course I'd still have to get a W7 operating system but that I'll get for free.

Asus GeForce GTX 460 1GB - Graphics card
    Intel Core i5 2500K -processor
    Asus Intel P67 motherboard, USB 3.0, SATA III
    4GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM

Oh yeah, I want a computer for gaming purposes obviously. I'm sure this will run WoW without problems(even ultra maybe?), but I'm wondering how it'll run games like FO: New Vegas, RIFT, and other new games.

Any help on the subject is much appreciated!
    Last edited by UR1L; 2011-02-13 at 09:57 AM.

It's pretty good setup, just keep in mind that the motherboard has been recalled due to the P67 chipset bug.

It might be overpriced though depending on what else you get for the 850€ besides the parts you listed.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    What kind of bug is it? And is it worth buying if it has it? Don't want to spend that kind of money if it has a bug that severely hurts the setup.

SATA2 controllers might break over time, but SATA3 works fine. That's the bug. Some people might be perfectly fine working around the problem if you don't need the SATA2 ports and have so few harddiscs/dvd drives that you can plug everything into SATA3.

Asus will change the board for free later when the unbugged versions are available, but in case of pre-built computer you might have problems getting the replacement board without original purchase recipe or packaging of the motherboard to return it with. Asus will not RMA the board without the CPU socket cap for example.

Sorry about the finnish bit, just a quick note about few stores

Sekä Verkkokauppa että Jimms vaihtaa sen emolevyn suoraan päittäin kun uusi on saatavilla, mutta luultavasti vaatii kuittia jne. Eli kysy kaveriltas miten tuo vaihto onnistuu tai vaihtaako suoraan siel puodissa missä se kone kasataan.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

http://www.jimms.fi/tuote/SABERTOOTH-P67

Jimmylt ihan hyväl hinnal saa noita "rikkinäisiä" sabertoothei ainaki. Jos noi 4x SATAIII riittää sulle nii ei sitä tarvi edes vaivautua vaihtamaan missään vaiheessa :>

Deleted
    A few finnish parts to clarify it is fine, try to keep the discussion in English though, so that everyone can understand it. (or do it in a PM)