Deleted

Chimaeron 10 help

Hi we recently started raiding and all seemed good until chimaeron, our tanks seem to be having trouble with well getting owned lol, weve tried 1 tank takes 3 breaks and the double strike and then switch as most do but they tend to die instantly, and we also tried 1 tank constantly tank chimaeron and the other taunts off for the double strike ( this option worked alot better) so basically im hoping for some tips anyone may have to help, im guessing this could also be our healers at fault thanks in advance for any suggestions.

The second strategy is what our guild has always done. We keep the offtank who is ONLY taking double strikes at 100%, and everyone else above 10k. Unless your healers are reacting slowly and unable to heal the offtank up you should be fine. (Tank Healer PoV)

10+ Year Old Account
    The second strategy is correct, offtank needs to be topped off. Break on MT does not matter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardelia View Post
    The second strategy is what our guild has always done. We keep the offtank who is ONLY taking double strikes at 100%, and everyone else above 10k. Unless your healers are reacting slowly and unable to heal the offtank up you should be fine. (Tank Healer PoV)
    ^this

We do the same in my guild, Have the main tank taking all the breaks and have the off tank taking the double strikes. It is by far the easiest way to do this boss. Has long has you have good strong dps and good healers this fight is quite easy, we even got the achievement for killing him with less than 2 people dying :P

Deleted
    super i could see the 2nd mentioned strat was working better, but kept being told by others well we do it like strat 1 etc, thanks for the replys hopefully he will die tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by Ano View Post
    The second strategy is correct, offtank needs to be topped off. Break on MT does not matter.
    I'm just curious.
    We have a bear taking the doublestrikes and usually it is enough to have him at roughly 50% health in order to survive the doublestrike.
    Had we been just insanely lucky or is it not necessary to top him off? Normalmode-wise, fyi.

The reason I'm asking is simple: a topped of Offtank would be wasted mana because his life will get nullifyed on a regular basis - like everyone else's.

And, if someone can give me a hint: which strategy do you use to get the Raid asap at 10k without wasting too much mana? Especially when the whole raid is affected I frantically blow my mana. We manage to keep everyone alive but I'm constantly asking myself if there isn't a smarter way.
    Our setup consists usually of a Holydin, Holypriest and a Restodruid. Additionally we often have a SPriest to utilize a hymn twice (for the Bonushealeffect) and the Feraltank using his Tranquility which helps a lot.

All in all, this fight is - from a Healer's point of view - a hectic but fun one which tends to give me an awkward feeling. Because looking at empty healthbars is quite... unusual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TenDance View Post
    I'm just curious.
    We have a bear taking the doublestrikes and usually it is enough to have him at roughly 50% health in order to survive the doublestrike.
    Had we been just insanely lucky or is it not necessary to top him off? Normalmode-wise, fyi.
    Offtank needs to have enough health to have above 10k after taking a mitigated 160k hit, so with bear amounts of armor he could probably be as low as 100k, or lower if he uses barkskin or something.

You have 15 second after a Massacre to heal people before the slimes come, assign people to healers. If it's still too hard, 4-heal him.

This is probably the only fight where trinkets such as those from last boss VP (increase hp by 10k+ on use) may be useful. Those trinkets are usually crap.

Personally, I use avoidance trinkets. Parrying/dodging an attack is huge because Chi only hits once every 5 seconds. Use strat 2 it is the easiest, the tanks just have to manage their taunts. MT only needs to be kept above 10k. OT has to be healed to full. Pretty easy.

Not saying much that hasn't already been said here, but yeah, I agree with Ardelia. It doesn't matter how many breaks the MT has, no hit will kill him unless he's below 10k. Since Chim only attacks every 5 seconds or something, you have plenty of time to get him up past 10k. As far as topping the OT for Double Attack, I can't remember how hard Chim hits, but he only has to be able to have >10k hp after the first swing of Double Attack, so not necessarily topped.

One thing I'm pretty sure you can do if you have a good threat-gen dps class, ret paladin with RF up for example, you can have him MT Chim with just a single tank taking Double Attacks. Should work just the same except you free up a spot for a DPS or another healer if you need help healing during the aoe part.

Deleted
    Downed him just last night(Europe), and we had a pretty simple tactic. Me, as a druid tank, took all of the Double Strikes, while our DK MT'd it and just kept himself alive with death strike.
    Basically, let one tank get breaks and let the other taunt off for Double Strikes, that seems to be the best tactic so far.

-Hoofstomp

actually you just need 1 real tank... and that's the one for the double strikes. The other tank can be a melee dps who can taunt. Damage doesn't matter on the break tank.

We just downed him last night and here is what we did.

RDruid, Rshaman, Disc Priest were the healers.

One of our MTs was out so we had a slightly undergeared Paladin and a Bear.

RDruid and RShaman were in charge of keeping tanks healed and I (Disc) was in charge of healing the 2 targets of Caustic slime.

Paladin took all breaks and the Bear taunted for all Double Attacks.

With two healers on the two tanks it was easy to make sure the Bear was full at all times and the paladin was over 10k at all times.

With only 1 person on the caustic slimes there is no question whether they should be healing the people. We found that splitting the raid between two healers resulted in slight delay when healing because they spent a split second deciding whether they should heal that target and then healed them. Sometimes this delay caused death.

Once we moved to the strat above we two shot the boss (first one we entered the final phase at the same time as a massacre so we were all at 1 hp and couldn't be healed).
    What do you think about the season 7 shaman set?
    It looks like what would happen if one of those big rock giants from Outlands mated with Spiderman.

-monkeysnarf

Does anyone know if there is a particular healing class that is best suited to tank heal this fight? Could you support your reason? or overall healing composition?

or, do Disc Priests have a disadvantage in tank healing since bubles dont rise your health to 10k? how important are these boss mechanics overall to healing staff
    Last edited by Liquidin; 2011-02-14 at 08:40 PM. Reason: elaboration

Deleted
    For healing anyone except the guy taking double strikes shields are pretty useless so I'd say disc priests and to a lesser extent paladins are slightly disadvantanged. Nothing you'd absolutely need to change spec for though.

Healing the guy tanking double strikes can be done without any disadvantange with bubbles etc. The logic is to have the guy on high enough hp/absorb/whatnot that he'll have over 10k hp AFTER first hit of the double strike, so while absorb shields are at disadvantange for raid healing durind non-feud phase, on the double strike soaking tank they are just as fine as normal heals.

We do it with Paladin-Paladin-Druid healers with a Protection Warrior soaking double strikes. Healers simply because that's we have (though could change one for a disc priest, but no need to make people go offspec) and the warrior because all the avoidance is pretty nice for double strikes in comparison to DK.
    Last edited by mmoc4515b91cb7; 2011-02-14 at 09:00 PM.

To trivialize this fight, I highly recommend not using a true tank as your main tank. On our heroic 25man kill we used a DK in blood presence. The prot warrior and feral druid taunted the Double Attacks. The DK just needs to stay above 10k. This increased the overal raid DPS and doesn't make things any harder on the healers. Keeping the main tank much above 10k health is a huge waste of mana and GCD's. A simple heal ever 2-ish seconds is all he/she will need.

A DPS DK in blood presence or a ret pally with Righteous Fury is the way to go. Absolutely ridiculous threat and an extra dps. They just need to know to taunt the boss back after the Double Attack lands on the (one of the) off-tank(s).

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmokki View Post
    For healing anyone except the guy taking double strikes shields are pretty useless so I'd say disc priests and to a lesser extent paladins are slightly disadvantanged. Nothing you'd absolutely need to change spec for though.
    Disc priests are ideal for the heroic mode of this fight. Nefarian's constant aoe in the final phase can be completely negated but PW:S. No other healer can bring that kind of protection.
    Last edited by Prentice; 2011-02-14 at 09:07 PM.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD