Deleted

BOM or BOK as Holy?

BOM gives us 326mp5, and BOK gives us 5% more Intellect.

At the moment, since mana is such a big issue as of late, I'm leaning more towards BOM, but maybe I'm mistaken. What would be the best choice to buff myself with when doing heroics and such?

Thanks in advance!

I don't really know, but since kings gives you intellect, thus increasing your mana pool, you'll get more mana back from Replenishment, but I don't think it would add up to be enough mp5 as Might until you get quite a bit.

You'd have to work out how much mana you need for it to give you more. Though, in raids you're likely to have both anyway?

Im ususally doing BOK if thats the only buff in the grp, just to get more hp on the Tank, Mana isnt much of a problem imo, just use judgement alot more, with the reacent buff to divine plea its really no problem.

I did use BOM the first days of doing heroics tough, but then i had drumms of the forgotten kings with me aswell

15+ Year Old Account
    Blessing of Kings alone will net you more throughput and a similar amount of regeneration (after considering Replenishment and stuff) compared to Blessing of Might alone.

Blessing of Kings also scales, whereas Blessing of Might will always be 326 combat mp5.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Really depends on your group composition. If no one (ie. druid or another paladin) gives a Kings-like buff then I say go with Kings. If they do provide it then go with Might.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrasibion View Post
    What would be the best choice to buff myself with when doing heroics and such?
    Since we don't do Paladin buffs by class anymore you can't just take yourself into consideration, but rather the group as a whole. Kings will give +5% to stats and a resistance to magic, while Might gives an attack power buff as well as MP5. It's not like you can't drink between pulls if you need it, so I would just go with Kings.

If mana is an issue remember to Judge. It really does worlds of difference.

Also a link to your armory would be helpful so see your gear and how much spirit and int you currently have. ::]

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    To be honest I lean towards helping the group more than myself, since the buff doesn't really make it much easier for us.

If there's no druid in the group I usually buff kings, unless the group is pure physical damage, then I ask them what the best buff would be for them, which is usually kings anyways.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I buff Kings by default, but if there's a druid in the group I buff Might instead.

Edit: Typo
    Last edited by OnlineSamantha; 2011-02-15 at 06:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

most groups will generally benefit more from BoM and that includes the holy pala himself

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    most groups will generally benefit more from BoM and that includes the holy pala himself
    Actually, that's fairly false.

Blizzard has increased the importance of primary stats like one hundred fold in Cataclysm. Intellect is more DPS point for point than HIT for most caster DPS.

If you buff 5% of your group's best stats, that will almost always be vastly superior to 10% AP and 326 mp5.

Tanks: 5% Stats is amazing. 10% AP and 326 mp5 is near useless. BoK is better.
    Melee DPS: 5% Stats will give you 5% AP plus more (crit from agility, extra AP from strength if you are feral or a rogue, etc.). 10% AP and 326 mp5 will give you 10% AP. BoM is better.
    Caster DPS: 5% Stats vs 326 mp5... absolutely no contest. BoK is better.
    Healers: You're going to be the only healer, silly. Even if you liked BoM on yourself better, I've already proven the rest of the group benefits more from the other. And by the way, Intellect is our best stat too, so BoK is better here as well.
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-02-14 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Melee DPS: 5% Stats will give you 10% AP (since you get 2 AP per 1 stat) plus more (crit from agility, extra AP from strength if you are feral or a rogue, etc.). 10% AP and 326 mp5 will just give you 10% AP. BoK is better.
    I don't think this is true. Looking at my armory, I have 3902 str and 8149 AP. That would be +390 AP from Kings and +815 AP from Might.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enter group.

Is there a druid? If so, cast Blessing of Might.
    If not, cast Blessing of Kings.

Easy and simple!
    We will stand above the city, rising high above the streets
    From tops of buildings we will look, at all that lies beneath our feet
    We will raise our hands above us, cold steel shining in the sun
    With these hands that will not bleed, my father's battle will be won!

Drakkosh Zhysta Shivarra Tesela

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Melee DPS: 5% Stats will give you 10% AP (since you get 2 AP per 1 stat) plus more (crit from agility, extra AP from strength if you are feral or a rogue, etc.). 10% AP and 326 mp5 will just give you 10% AP. BoK is better.
    :S
    That is ofcourse absolutely false.
    A 5% increase to agility/strength also means a 5% increase to the Attack Power gained from that stat.
    Such a massive brainfart!

I don't think this is true. Looking at my armory, I have 3902 str and 8149 AP. That would be +390 AP from Kings and +815 AP from Might.
    That would actually be 780 AP from strength baseline. Some classes have modifiers though, like Unholy Death Knights have Unholy Might (their spec passive) which is an extra 5% strength and their runeforge which is a 15% strength proc. Pet classes benefit from their primary stat even more though because their primary stat usually scales much better than flat spell power / attack power.

First remember that classes like Shamans, Blood Dks, and Marks hunter replicate all or part of the Blessing of might effect just like Druids do for kings.

But if no one is providing 10% AP or kings you'd probably be best off using a Drum of Kings ( should be cheap as heck @ 50 charges for less than you'd pay for a single potion or elixir) and doing Might.

That's the best of both worlds after all you get 80% of the benefit from Kings and all the benefit of Might easily putting your group in the best position over all.

BOM + Drums of Forgotten Kings is the best.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fixed my shoddy logic. I blame my lack of sleep.