Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Hi, I'm trying to find the exact answer concerning Ele rotation, (prio list) in this guide it's said UE is not in the prio list unless you're moving and SWG is down / ES not at 7 / FS still up, but I remember somewhere it said you should UE everytime before LvB but I thouhg using UE was a dps loss due to the wasted GCD for a LB. Can someone confirm which one is right !?

Thank you

That priority list is concerning non-movement heavy fights. If you have to move, UE and ES+(whatever -- assuming your FS isn't about to expire) are your best bets for not losing dps (also assuming you don't use SWG here).

Obviously if you have to move and you can use SWG, use a LB or whatever to not lose dps. However, SWG won't always be available. Thus the use of UE becomes useful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Using UE before every LvB is a DPS loss; UE isn't as much DPS, even considering the 30% boost to LvB, as a straight LB would be, for the cast time.

You should still be using UE a fair bit in most fights, since it's high on the priority while moving.

I understand that all this is a bit complicated, and this is really where the big difference lies between "bad" elemental shamans and "good" ones; being able to react to quick changes and keep your entire priority in mind. I'm trying to work out a cohesive, easy to grasp way to communicate the entire thing, since I don't think a "standing" and a "moving" priority list are the best way to go about it; it's better to simply prioritize all your spells in one list. UE comes in RIGHT after LB, so when you're standing, you could always cast an LB instead, but movement removes a lot of your better options and pushes UE up high on the list.

Ok thnx to both your answers, this is what I though at first, but then again, ele is only my offspec and I wanna sqeeze the best out of it !

Quik question, im currently using Heart of Ignacious trinket alongside of Theralions mirror and about to get my 4 piece set which means I will prolly have to switch back to using the Stump of time just until I can get enough hit back. Was wondering which one I should use alongside the stump of time? I know int is our single best stat but the heart of ignacious provides more SP than the int would plus the 2 min haste UoE with the heart will go nice with 10% faster LB's. Any suggestions? And sorry new to posting cant provide links or nething.

10+ Year Old Account
    HoI is significantly worse than Theralion's Mirror, so that should be the one you drop. If anything, you're more likely to see a drop in HoI's usefulness with the 4 piece bonus, since it makes it that much easier to hit the soft haste caps.

Ok thx, I still might try and see if I can reforge so I dont neeed to swap but thx for the info

they need to buff lighting bolt by at least 6%..its sad how weak lighting bolt is with no cooldowns poped

Deleted
    Hi, i'm new poster but i check forum a lot and i find your guide really awesome. I create this account to ask help from people who check this post, hope i can receive something

I look over this guide a lot, make tries over tries to check my spell rotation but, confrontation with other classes (during the raid) my dps is really low. I follow step by step guide, but i can't find anything to improve my damage. Someone can give me any suggestion please?

In my signature there's the link to go to my armory profile,just click on the image, (sorry but i'm not able to post the direct link on this post) as anyone can see i capped hit rating and focus on haste rating to reduce the time to improve the Fulmination charge. I'm doing something wrong?

Edit: I can't also show my signature, i think 'cause i'm a new poster. My character name is Suzuna and I play in Terokkar (EU) server.
    Last edited by mmocd538ff0a8d; 2011-03-02 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Update signature

There's not signature to your armory

10+ Year Old Account
    People have been saying "lol, Elemental shaman is easy", and I thought the guide might have been contributing to that, with the basic simplified priority. So I tried to codify our ACTUAL priority a bit more accurately, in addition to that basic starter priority. If you have any feedback or additions, I welcome it, but be prepared to back your suggestions up with provable math or solid logical reasoning, not "I ran some tests on the dummy and using UE on CD is totally worth it". Because I have provable math or solid logical reasoning for the priority as it exists as posted.

Deleted
    Hey cool nice thanks. I was wondering is there no fight where Chain Lightning (unglyped) is actually useful? So we can put it in our rotation when certain specifications are present?

Something like Halfus when you have drakes near halfus in range of chain lightning jumps?

I apologize if this has been already discussed, I may have missed it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenEnergy View Post
    Hey cool nice thanks. I was wondering is there no fight where Chain Lightning (unglyped) is actually useful? So we can put it in our rotation when certain specifications are present?

Something like Halfus when you have drakes near halfus in range of chain lightning jumps?

I apologize if this has been already discussed, I may have missed it.
    It's useful for multiple targets, I'm avoiding a huge writeup on AOE right now because there's some major incoming changes to that in 4.1, but basically unglyphed CL is great for 2-4 enemies. If you've got 5+, you're better off dropped Magma Totem and spamming Earthquake.

I'm currently running with glyphed CL, since it's handy for Cho'gall adds, and there's honestly not a lot of cleaving to 2-3 targets outside of Halfus normal without whelps or trash packs, neither of which I care much about. Glyphing CL also has an interesting side benefit; each "jump" on a standard CL has the same combined chance to proc Rolling Thunder as a Lightning Bolt, so it works out to 10% per bolt, 30% for the basic CL. Glyphed has the same per-bolt chance, pushing it to roughly a 50% chance to proc RT, and highly increasing the chance for multiple procs and the chance to proc Clearcasting. I find this handy for the few trash burn phases we've got in current content. But that's by no means a requirement, just something I'm playing around with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's useful for multiple targets, I'm avoiding a huge writeup on AOE right now because there's some major incoming changes to that in 4.1, but basically unglyphed CL is great for 2-4 enemies. If you've got 5+, you're better off dropped Magma Totem and spamming Earthquake.

I'm currently running with glyphed CL, since it's handy for Cho'gall adds, and there's honestly not a lot of cleaving to 2-3 targets outside of Halfus normal without whelps or trash packs, neither of which I care much about. Glyphing CL also has an interesting side benefit; each "jump" on a standard CL has the same combined chance to proc Rolling Thunder as a Lightning Bolt, so it works out to 10% per bolt, 30% for the basic CL. Glyphed has the same per-bolt chance, pushing it to roughly a 50% chance to proc RT, and highly increasing the chance for multiple procs and the chance to proc Clearcasting. I find this handy for the few trash burn phases we've got in current content. But that's by no means a requirement, just something I'm playing around with.

Does every RT procc with CL jumps return the 2% mana? I never really looked at my mana bar when i used it and never really checked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenEnergy View Post
    Does every RT procc with CL jumps return the 2% mana? I never really looked at my mana bar when i used it and never really checked.
    Yep. Glyphed CL plus a mastery proc can be gorgeous.

Awesome guide! But i have a quick question. If i am just running heroic dungeons at this point, is it necessary to be at the 17% spell hit cap? Or is that just for raid bosses? I feel like I could reforge into better stats until I am actually ready for raiding, if I only need to worry about level 87 bosses in heroics. Please let me know if i am completely off base with this, or if the idea has some merit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroic bosses are only level 87, so you don't need 17% hit, you only need 6% hit, I believe (your character pane will tell you). If you plan to get into raiding at some point, I strongly suggest picking up the Stump of Time trinket from Tol Barad rep; it's a good trinket, and the big chunk of hit rating goes far in helping make up the extra 11% hit rating needed.

Deleted
    This thread really helped me solve alot of problems! Thanks!

Hi there.

I'm currently raiding and just made a faction change from Alliance to Horde. I'm ilvl 358 (all but bracers at 359) and trying to figure out how to maximize my DPS again. I obviously lost a % point in hit which I was taking full advantage of as a Draenei. In reforging to get there (including reforging the 128 haste from Darkmoon Card: Volcano's 321 mastery to 128 spirit / hit), I seem to have lost a step in raids. I picked up JC immediately to give me extra intellect from the Chimaera's Eye gems (2 dailies to go before I'm at that cap).

I should note that I do not have the 4 piece T11 bonus yet. Some say it does wonders for DPS but just how great is it really before I go spending all my valor points?

My trinket set up is the level 359 Theralion's Mirror + Darkmoon Card: Volcano. I'm troll so I have a +10% Haste with a 3min CD racial.
    Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormreaver/lokov/simple

I choose Haste > Mastery in reforging when I can though I'm somewhat locked up now due to the reforge to spirit / hit.

Is there anything I can really do to improve my stats greatly (maybe trinkets or rings?)
    Thanks for any help,
    Lokov

Deleted
    Your gear is good, but you absolutely need to go for 4 piece t11. It does wonder and you already have the shoulders so you can easily buy the other 2 missing pieces for Valor Points. Besides that I don't see anything wrong with you gear at all. Just minor things for BiS list which wouldn't make much of a difference.

Go and get 4 piece asap!

If you want you can post WorldofLogs or some DPS you do on encounters so we can judge if its okay or not. If you do have a DPS problem it is most likely not due to your gear.