Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Undefetter View Post
    I was doing it from a Horde point of view, probably should have made that clear! I assumed he was Horde because of his signature but didn't make that clear. Draenei are indeed pretty good, though I'd argue Orc and Troll are still better.
    True. Had a look at it this afternoon. Troll seems to come out ahead of Orc, mostly because of the gain from stacking haste CD's with Fire Elemental. Goblin is a distant third.
    Sentry Totem: The new community news and advice site!

Quote Originally Posted by binkenstein View Post
    True. Had a look at it this afternoon. Troll seems to come out ahead of Orc, mostly because of the gain from stacking haste CD's with Fire Elemental. Goblin is a distant third.
    Oh really Troll still stays ahead of Orc? Even with Primal Elementalist? Thats pretty interesting. Oh well, sticking with Goblin regardless, Goblin Jump is just too invaluable for me.

Hey guys, was wondering if any of you awesome shamans are doing the PTR at all? If so, i really need help, i cant decide what class is preforming better (Balance Druid or Ele Shaman) As i want to main one of them in MoP.

Does anyone have any good logs on dps atm on the PTR ? Any WoL or anything? Really intrested in Elemental shaman changes/ect.

Thanks!

I'm wondering how my DPS holds up, since I've only recently switched to playing Elemental. Here's my Shaman: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hggra/advanced I can get upwards of 24k on a dummy self-buffed doing a 5-minute test with Fire Elemental somewhere in there, and about 33k on Ultraxion. Are my numbers alright for my gear? I feel like my DPS fluctuates too much. There have been times where I just couldn't even break 20k.
    Last edited by Selkinor; 2012-08-10 at 04:35 PM.

A scenario I'm not sure what to do in...

I currently have the 4 set tier bonus for ele. When I am popping Elemental Mastery, am I still supposed to cast Earth Shock with 7-9 charges? I honestly don't know if it would be a direct dps increase, as I receive additional mastery/haste from casting Lightning Bolts/Lava bursts.

EM doesn't significantly change the rotation; given our Haste levels and that we will try and combine it with Bloodlust/hero, the damage bonus is the bigger deal currently, so yes, you still use ES.

This all may change a bit when the MoP pre-patch hits and EM becomes a class talent with a pure Haste boost, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    EM doesn't significantly change the rotation; given our Haste levels and that we will try and combine it with Bloodlust/hero, the damage bonus is the bigger deal currently, so yes, you still use ES.

This all may change a bit when the MoP pre-patch hits and EM becomes a class talent with a pure Haste boost, however.
    I see, thank you for your answer!

Is UE still out of our rotation in MoP?

Herald of the Titans
    Quote Originally Posted by Moridius View Post
    Is UE still out of our rotation in MoP?
    As far as I know, yes, unless of course you choose to run with either the Unleashed Fury talent, or run without the Unleashed Lightning Glyph and need to move.

Silly/stupid question:
    I'm using the Unleashed Lightning glyph, and I've found that as a result I can't do my normal cancel method (jump/move) to stop casting Lightning Bolt in order to cast Lava Burst when it procs as a free cast. I know how to fix my Wind Shear by using a /stopcasting macro, but I'm concerned about doing the same with Lava Burst as I can easily see myself hitting Lava Burst when it's off CD a second too early and cancelling the Lightning Bolt that I wanted to complete. Is there another alternative?

Or is this not an issue because I'm only dealing with quest mobs and once I'm actually wailing on bosses there's no point in cancelling a Lightning Bolt for Lava Burst proc because there'll be enough time to cast it when the Lightning Bolt is finished casting?
    Garth Brooks convinced me it's not living if I stand outside the fire

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Silly/stupid question:
    I'm using the Unleashed Lightning glyph, and I've found that as a result I can't do my normal cancel method (jump/move) to stop casting Lightning Bolt in order to cast Lava Burst when it procs as a free cast. I know how to fix my Wind Shear by using a /stopcasting macro, but I'm concerned about doing the same with Lava Burst as I can easily see myself hitting Lava Burst when it's off CD a second too early and cancelling the Lightning Bolt that I wanted to complete. Is there another alternative?

Or is this not an issue because I'm only dealing with quest mobs and once I'm actually wailing on bosses there's no point in cancelling a Lightning Bolt for Lava Burst proc because there'll be enough time to cast it when the Lightning Bolt is finished casting?
    1 - Never cancel casts in PvE. Its always a DPS loss

2 - Pressing Esc also cancels casts

3 - You can make a /stopcasting macro with nothing else in it and bind it to whatever

4 - Never cancel casts in PvE. Its ALWAYS a DPS loss

Quote Originally Posted by Undefetter View Post
    1 - Never cancel casts in PvE. Its always a DPS loss
    4 - Never cancel casts in PvE. Its ALWAYS a DPS loss
    ... I'm assuming you mean if I'm not on Wind Shear duty, right?
    Last edited by chrth; 2012-08-29 at 12:39 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    If you have to interrupt then that takes higher priority than your meter dps. Otherwise it's as Undefetter said. Never cancel a spellcast in PvE to cast another damaging spell.

Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    If you have to interrupt then that takes higher priority than your meter dps. Otherwise it's as Undefetter said. Never cancel a spellcast in PvE to cast another damaging spell.
    You know what the problem is? It's the damn aura/spinning glowing thing that makes me want to stop what I'm doing and cast the proc. I'll get over it.

You know what the problem is? It's the damn aura/spinning glowing thing that makes me want to stop what I'm doing and cast the proc. I'll get over it.
    As said, if you need to Wind Shear then thats a mechanic specific thing and requires you to cancel casts, just like you would cancel a Lava Burst cast if you had to get out of some fire or something. As for the aura, yeah, you just have to ignore it and use it as a que to queue up Lava Burst next.

LvB also have the glowing edge now when off CD?

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    LvB also have the glowing edge now when off CD?
    No, just when proc'd by a Lava Surge. (in standard UI)
    Last edited by chrth; 2012-08-29 at 12:56 PM. Reason: clarifying ui

Well, easy solution is

/stopcasting
    /cast Wind Shear
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Has anyone tried to play without Unleash Lightning glyph? It doesn't even feel like the same class

has anyone compared the draenei racial to the panda racial? and how much of a difference it is?