Thread: DK Tanking Help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xexphone View Post
    get Mastery for 100%+ shield
    then go for dodge/parry
    and dont ever get hit/exp coz DK never get a threat problem
    for gem : just dont go with pure mastery/parry/dodge
    u should use mastery/stam parry/stam dodge/stam 60stam(for blue)
    runeforge : always swordshattering
    This is basically what I did but I'm reforging any gear to mastery instead of pushing avoidance. Either way just make sure your parry/dodge ratings (make sure Horn of Winter is on) are equal.

Since Avoidance & Mastery are basically even weight right now I see no reason to miss out on a socket bonus (assuming it's a survival buff) by using the gem combo's above in the right slots. What you do with Prismatic slots is kind of up to you, i've been using +stam until I get more gear just to keep my health pool... ummm healthy.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazefury5 View Post
    I miss unholy death knight tanking
    I miss the fact that every DK talent tree have the chance to both Tank and DPS. That was very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    This is basically what I did but I'm reforging any gear to mastery instead of pushing avoidance. Either way just make sure your parry/dodge ratings (make sure Horn of Winter is on) are equal.

Since Avoidance & Mastery are basically even weight right now I see no reason to miss out on a socket bonus (assuming it's a survival buff) by using the gem combo's above in the right slots. What you do with Prismatic slots is kind of up to you, i've been using +stam until I get more gear just to keep my health pool... ummm healthy.
    Fine with gemming, but for reforging, aim for either all mastery or all dodge/parry.
    <Midwinter> - 14/14 HM -25m - LF exceptional raiders
    http://www.mwguild.net/
    DK Theorycrafting/Game Dev Blog
    DK Gear/log reviews/audits

Thanks for all the help! I really appreciate it. I think I will go more towards mastery because it seems to be more unique. It seems to set us apart from other tanks.

Special thanks to Mendenbarr for the great response .