Poll: the totem you want.

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: New totems

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Was just offering some input. The way you initially modeled it seems clunky and expensive. Good luck getting your ideas used by blizzard, though:/

Quote Originally Posted by Gotem View Post
    Here's my idea:

Bring back sentry totem and have it so you can use it like a lock port and be able to transport directly to the totem, but you have be LoS with the totem and it has a max range of 25 yards. Doing this transport is 45 second cooldown, and the cooldown for the transport is shared with stoneclaw totem.

Basically make it so that you can choose to tank some bubbled damage but hope for a peel or transport back 25 yards and try to LoS. This would put stoneclaw and sentry in the same earth totem so that they cant be used simultaneously.

Sounds cool to me idk, but shammies really just need astral shift back
    Meh. If you have to be in LoS of the totem to do it, what is the point? You will just get charged, gripped, stunned, etc, before you make it behind that pillar.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    Meh. If you have to be in LoS of the totem to do it, what is the point? You will just get charged, gripped, stunned, etc, before you make it behind that pillar.
    Add in Astral Shift to the transport?

You know what would be cooler? If it transported your target to the totem (enemy) and then stunned them for 3 seconds or something. =D.

That sounds awesome hyper, make it so whoever has earth shock on the target gets pulled to the totem?

Also thought about this - a wind totem that pulses a static cling type effect within 15 yards? If players arent jumping when it pulses it roots them for x seconds

Deleted
    Just imagine, someone outside org gets instapulled to your totem, next to garrosh. I more like the idea of a call now, maybe a bit stronger.

the static cling totem would be fun, if it wasnt a bit like earthbind. i mean cmon, whos gonna time jumps in pvp

---------- Post added 2011-02-14 at 08:16 AM ----------

another totem i came up with is a totem that makes you invis, if its destroyed you de-invis again.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some kind of Air elemental wich is casting lightning bolts and chain lightning would be awesome. Or Water elemental with party healing + mana gain mix

Totem of shielding earth: Drop an earth totem putting a damage absorbing shield on the lowest health raid member once every 10 seconds for 30,000 HP.

Duration 1 minute - Cost - 7,000-8,000 mana
    CD: None

Deleted
    Static Totem should really be either Air or Earth, makes no sense for it to be Fire IMO.

A totem with a knockback would be cool to have, though I can't quite see an awesome use for it (perhaps in PvP, for Elementals, thoughon second though that would give them several knockbacks).

Tsunami Totem: Water
    Creates a totem that can be activated and knockback everything in an 8 yard radius.

Alternatively,
    Creates a totem that will knockback everything in an 8 yard radius when someone comes near it (like a trap)

10+ Year Old Account
    water and air elementals + the ability to make fire elemental cast searing dots, searing usable to nova. thanks.

How about the stun totem being invisible..?
    YOU FACE NOT MALCHEZAR ALONE, BUT THE LEGIONS I COMMAND!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have recently talked my wife into playing wow with me, and she rolled a shaman. She's casual, so I do her research for her.

I've never totem dropped before, and can honestly say after reading what all totems do, I feel like they're really...what's the word? Lame. A stationary buff that other classes can bring and not be stationary? Are you for serious? Yeah, you all can do lots of buffs, but in a raid, all buffs are surely covered, so they all get overwritten. Lame lazy outdated design is, you know, outdated!

Your core design motiff shoud do stuff mostly for YOU, not your raid. The totems can buff still (fire can still give spell power is it? Like flametongue?). But they really should do more for you.

Your teleporting totem sounds like a good pvp moverability helper.
    I would love to see a ton of new totems for shamans, make them a collectors dream like hunter pets.
    I approve this thread

---------- Post added 2011-02-15 at 04:30 AM ----------

Just thought of an idea: what if you could have basic fire air etc totems, but you could kind of smash or mix a pair together for a different type.
    Air + water = storm types
    fire + earth = lava types
    air + earth = dust types
    air + fire = heat types
    water + fire = steam
    water + earth = mud

I dunno. Just throwing out ideas. If you haven't noticed, I like coming up with new mechanics and such for games (not just wow

Quote Originally Posted by jibbyjackjoe View Post
    I have recently talked my wife into playing wow with me, and she rolled a shaman. She's casual, so I do her research for her.

I've never totem dropped before, and can honestly say after reading what all totems do, I feel like they're really...what's the word? Lame. A stationary buff that other classes can bring and not be stationary? Are you for serious? Yeah, you all can do lots of buffs, but in a raid, all buffs are surely covered, so they all get overwritten. Lame lazy outdated design is, you know, outdated!

Your core design motiff shoud do stuff mostly for YOU, not your raid. The totems can buff still (fire can still give spell power is it? Like flametongue?). But they really should do more for you.

Your teleporting totem sounds like a good pvp moverability helper.
    I would love to see a ton of new totems for shamans, make them a collectors dream like hunter pets.
    I approve this thread
    Your right, most buffs are better than totems; however we have the option of multiple buffs that other classes don't have. This doesn't come into play much for 25 man raids, but it does in 10 and even more so in 5 mans.

My biggest problem with totems is the mana cost (specifically for PvP elemental). PvE its fine since you rarely have to redrop all totems.

I'd like what the Glyph of Grounding is and make that a new totem: reflects a spell back, 45 sec CD, but make it reflect spells for 3 seconds.
    1. Search feature never works for me 2. No, there isn't a thread answering exactly what I'm asking for

Deleted
    added the totems

Quote Originally Posted by Gotem View Post
    Here's my idea:

Bring back sentry totem and have it so you can use it like a lock port and be able to transport directly to the totem, but you have be LoS with the totem and it has a max range of 25 yards. Doing this transport is 45 second cooldown, and the cooldown for the transport is shared with stoneclaw totem.

Basically make it so that you can choose to tank some bubbled damage but hope for a peel or transport back 25 yards and try to LoS. This would put stoneclaw and sentry in the same earth totem so that they cant be used simultaneously.

Sounds cool to me idk, but shammies really just need astral shift back
    Just right off copy a warlock spell is kinda low... I love Hypernatics idea on sentry totem though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    I have a better idea for sentry totem.

Sentry Totem:

Makes you immune to interrupts and silences for 6 seconds. 1 minute cooldown.
    Might be a bit overpowered when combo'ed with Stoneclaw totem and Grounding totem as restoration though.
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ealar/advanced

Raid Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/pappahealar

Guild Website: http://www.excesse-guild.net/ (Dismissed and seized raiding early 2011, March.)

Quote Originally Posted by jibbyjackjoe View Post
    Air + water = storm types
    fire + earth = lava types
    air + earth = dust types
    air + fire = heat types
    water + fire = steam
    water + earth = mud
    That would be a fun idea, you drop two totems and they merge to form a better totem, add a third into the mix or even forth to get a super awesome totem but short duration and puts all totems on cooldown for a while. Don't know how you would work this but the idea of combining totems to make better ones seems like it could be a lot of fun and add some more choice to them other than "I go in dungeon and push said button before every pull".

Idea:
    Spirit totem - Places a totem at the feet of the caster with 5 health that lasts for 1 minute allowing the shaman's ghostwolf form to dissipate into the spirit plane providing stealth. If the totem is destroyed the shaman is torn from the spirit plane (stealth) and disoriented preventing any actions for 5 seconds. (Might need to slow the ghostwolf down as well but would LOVE it if it didn't)

Quote Originally Posted by Pappahealar View Post
    Just right off copy a warlock spell is kinda low... I love Hypernatics idea on sentry totem though.
    And Lock spells aren't copies of others?

Nether ward = Mage ward
    Soul harvest = evocation
    Fel Flame = Frostfire bolt
    Shadowflame = Cone of cold
    etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Sercease View Post
    Idea:
    Spirit totem - Places a totem at the feet of the caster with 5 health that lasts for 1 minute allowing the shaman's ghostwolf form to dissipate into the spirit plane providing stealth. If the totem is destroyed the shaman is torn from the spirit plane (stealth) and disoriented preventing any actions for 5 seconds. (Might need to slow the ghostwolf down as well but would LOVE it if it didn't)
    People would just kill the totem and we would be in a worse spot than to begin with. Not to mention your limited by the range of your totem.

Water Elemental Totem:
    10 Min CD like others, 30 sec up time.

Helps heal friendly targets, upon death the water elemental shatters into thousands of pieces placing water shields on freindlys absorbing X amount of dmg.

^^ They need.

Water Elemental: You heal your target for 50% of the shamans maxium health. that target also takes 20% less damage. The water elemental pulses. healing for (twice as healing stream) for 2 mins.
    Air Elemental: Pulses Static Cling, and uses Chainlightning. The Air elemental also does an interrupt. Any damage done by chainlightning or lightning bolt adds to the shamans Fulmination Stacks.

Elemental Totality.
    If all 4 of you Elementals are off cooldown, You summon forth a mixture of them all, the Elemental Totality. These slow, and allow movement whilst casting. While the elemental is up, you take: 20% less damage, Deal 20% more damage, can cast while moving and get a pulsing heal. The elementals unstable nature means it can only stay for up to 25 seconds. Has 120% of the shamans health. Any totems cast whilst this is up, destroys the elemental.