Thread: Mage Problems

Mage Problems

Hello guys, ive been having a lot of problems since the last patch, so i hope someone can help me here, im having a lot of concerns about being a Fire Mage, here is my char spec http: //us.b attle.net /wow/en/character /ragnaros/al%c3%bandra/simple

- Reading the MMO and EJ forums, ive realize that haste > crit, so we shud reforge everything to haste now?, and change our gears too?, for example, last week i got the Witching Hour from Valiona, should i need now the Incineratus from Magmaw? (Im getting crazy right now, is possible that we need a complete change of gear or just continue with the critical gear?

- I see top Guilds Playing with Arcane mage, my concern is why?, arcane ll be good with higher gear? or for now i would be doing more DPS with Arcane than Fire? (I already try Both and Fire doesnt have comparation)

- Im having problems with my Trinkets too, right now i have the posibility to obtain the Volcano Card, it ll be better than the trinkets that i have right now? or not?, because the volcano card ll give me a lot of mastery, shud be alright sacrifice crit or hit for mastery stats?

Any other recommendation that i can recieve here to improve my mage ll be appreciate.

¬The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
    - Alan Kay

Volcano card is a very good trinket regardless of the base state (reforge to haste or hit if ur not capped)..
    i use volcano card and the proc is jus sheer awesomeness.

With the Haste > Crit thing its all contriversial.. theres a post about it on the mage forums thats puts it quite blaintently.. its not a stacking thing.. its a balanceing thing.. you have to balance to have good haste and a nice amount of crit so u can still get ur pyro procs.